SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:36   #1
pal2511

Send a message via AIM to pal2511
Another boot thread

I have been looking at the Haix brand boots at lapolice gear. They look pretty decent.

Do you know if Danner offers a law enforcement discount along with belliville brand?

I like the fit of the oakly boots.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:41   #2
Sgt127

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal2511 View Post
I have been looking at the Haix brand boots at lapolice gear. They look pretty decent.
I've been wearing a pair of the HAIX for about a year now, every day. They weigh less than an average pair of tennis shoes and have held up remarkably well. They really feel like they were molded for my feet. They look a little funky, but, when these die, I'm pretty sure I will buy another pair.
Sgt127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:59   #3
CBennett

I dont like the Belliville brand at least the ones I got..They just dont fit right They WERE/ARE Waterproof and thats good but they are just not as comfortable as I figured they would be...I got these by "surprise" I had ordered a pair of(just last Month i got them) Matterhorns but got a email that that model I had ordered was discontinued..and they had a similar Belliville model with most of the same features(didnt have Vibram soles like the Matterhorns was the difference) I said send them... Ive had the Matterhorns and liked them....I wont be ordering these again.
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:36   #4
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Contact Danner directly for something like 40% off.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:38   #5
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
I have been told that as well.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:32   #6
PROSOUTH

I have always worn Danner or Matterhorn boots with great service and comfort. Can't beat them in my opinion.

I went to GT Distributors in Chattanooga/Rossville last week and while I was there signed up for the door prize. Hey! I won so they are sending me a new pair of Bates 9" Delta boots. I'll let you know how they wear soon.

Can't believe I finally won something..............
When time stands still as bullets Zoom
Who will live, who will die; we both will lose
PROSOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 15:38   #7
CanIhaveGasCash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
The last pair of boots I purchased from danner were about 50% off.
CanIhaveGasCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 16:57   #8
collim1
Shower Time!

My dept pays for one pair of boots a year. My danners wear well, are comfortable, and give good ankle support. They are heavy though, and mine are not a one of the models that can be re-soled.

Mine usually last closer to two years so I have a few spare pairs that are spit shined and well broken in sitting in my locker as spares. Keeping up on the polish really makes them last longer IMO. Scuffs and scrapes dont penetrate into the leather as deeply and buff out.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 19:41   #9
buddah

Send a message via AIM to buddah Send a message via Yahoo to buddah
Danners and rocky made in usa. Can't go wrong. Stay away from the danner and rocky made in china

Last edited by buddah; 05-19-2011 at 19:44..
buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 19:49   #10
phred119

I've been wearing Haix boots for a little over 2 years now. They are very comfortable, and I really like the arch support. I'm on my second pair now,after having worn Rocky Portlands for several years prior.
phred119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 20:00   #11
razdog76
Heavy Mettle

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah View Post
Danners and rocky made in usa. Can't go wrong. Stay away from the danner and rocky made in china
Man, ain't that the truth. I usually get about three years out a pair of Rocky trooper boots. The pair I just bought is stamped made in China, and the soles squeak when I walk on tile.

I wish I could find something like a paratrooper boot, but with a smaller toe to make climbing chain link fences easier, and made in America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron
'..You can lead an ass to facts, but you can't make them think...'
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:06   #12
Marlowe

Haix are outstanding. I highly recommend them. I have used the Oakley Desert Boot, too. Good boot, but not in the same league as the Haix GSG-9 (the current version), in terms of features and performance.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:10   #13
pal2511

I contacted dannet but they said no because I don't have a .gov email address
Old 05-22-2011, 20:37   #14
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
As in a department address or a .gov TLD?

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 23:52   #15
x_out86

Quote:
I think you are getting the run around. I have bought a number of pairs of boots direct from them and received the LEO discount. My department e-mail is not .gov either.

They just had to ship them to my department address.

Cant go wrong with a pair of Danner Recon's. Just got my current pair of those back from the shoe repair shop on thursday. Just got a new pair of soles put on them for about $45. This is the 4th set of soles that has gone on the leathers. They still look new. Only thing you need to change on them? Get rid of the standard sole and get them replaced with Vibram Sierra soles.

Cant beat American made quality that is designed to last. No cheap glue down soles for me! Just good old stitchdown type that can be repaired/replaced.
I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.

Last edited by x_out86; 05-22-2011 at 23:54..
x_out86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 00:00   #16
x_out86

Quote:
Originally Posted by razdog76 View Post
Man, ain't that the truth. I usually get about three years out a pair of Rocky trooper boots. The pair I just bought is stamped made in China, and the soles squeak when I walk on tile.

I wish I could find something like a paratrooper boot, but with a smaller toe to make climbing chain link fences easier, and made in America.
Its not the boot thats the problem. Its the sole your using...Ask and ye shall receive:

Cop Talk

One of the things that the toe of these soles excels at is grabbing onto chain link fence rungs. I speak from experience...
I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.
x_out86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 00:08   #17
seagravedriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by razdog76 View Post

While not LE, I wear boots everyday at work. My feet are worse off than my back after too many years of paramedic and FF stuff. If you have even the slightest chance of your dept. allowing it, perhaps you can get a pair custom made. I doubt it, but it may be worth a shot. For my wildland work, my custom made Whites are worth it. I can't use them for daily station wear though. Made in the USA is a big deal with me, and here is a site that may help you. Good luck! http://www.americanmadeworkboots.com/
seagravedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 19:37   #18
pal2511

Yes i am getting the run around i think. Im going to call them soon
Old 05-23-2011, 20:21   #19
razdog76
Heavy Mettle

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagravedriver View Post
While not LE, I wear boots everyday at work. My feet are worse off than my back after too many years of paramedic and FF stuff. If you have even the slightest chance of your dept. allowing it, perhaps you can get a pair custom made. I doubt it, but it may be worth a shot. For my wildland work, my custom made Whites are worth it. I can't use them for daily station wear though. Made in the USA is a big deal with me, and here is a site that may help you. Good luck! http://www.americanmadeworkboots.com/
Cool site.

My budget is not going to allow any custom boots, and my agency is not going to fund any boots either. I have been entertaining the idea of getting boots that do not fit the traditional paratrooper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron
'..You can lead an ass to facts, but you can't make them think...'
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:22   #20
Jonas101

I have a size 16 wide foot and the only boots I can buy are Danners. I currently have the APB's which are like the Acadias except made in china. I see no difference in quality.
Jonas101 is offline   Reply With Quote