pesticidal
CLM Number 181
Eh?

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal

K9 shot, killed.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article...roup/homepage/

Old 05-20-2011, 07:24   #2
A6Gator

Sad story. I hope they find the ******nozzle that did this and gets what he deserves...
Old 05-20-2011, 07:26   #3
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
I hope the catch the scum that did this
As Stephen F. Roberts so famously said speaking with a Christian apologist "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
Dalton Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:48   #4
Patchman
Florist

Darn this is a strange story. Or is this typical rural stuff?

Both dogs ran away together. At some point somebody shot them both and picked up the carcasses, transported them, and dumped them at that location.

I'm guessing the two dogs were shot on the shooter's property.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 05-20-2011 at 07:50..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:21   #5
Vigilant

First-class name for a K-9. Such a shame.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:16   #6
Brucev

Sorry his dogs were shot. No reason or rational to assume that they were shot with prejudice. In our area stray dogs are a problem. No blame for anyone who would shoot a stray/feral dog. For many years I've owned a number of dogs. Currently own a nice bird dog. She is not allowed to run free and roam on other people's property.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 13:48   #7
MeefZah
Cover is Code 3

I feel bad for the handler, that's rough.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 17:03   #8
Panzergrenadier1979
Keystone Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
Sorry his dogs were shot. No reason or rational to assume that they were shot with prejudice. In our area stray dogs are a problem. No blame for anyone who would shoot a stray/feral dog. For many years I've owned a number of dogs. Currently own a nice bird dog. She is not allowed to run free and roam on other people's property.
Anything to kick a cop when he's down, huh?

Why do you troll on CopTalk?

Panzergrenadier1979 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 21:33   #9
Keeperofthedew

NAC, but he has a legitimate point.
At least around here feral dogs have been an issue from time to time in the rural areas, and coyotes always are.
Often times farmers will just shoot a dog they see running loose on their property. Would I? Not unless it was actively aggressive towards me or my livestock, but then I'm a dog person.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of his neighbors south on the road saw the dogs running loose on his property, shot them, and then when he went to collect the bodies recognized the dogs, and didn't want to deal with any repercussions from owning up to it, so drove them up the road past the guy's house and dumped them. Were it me I would have owned up to it, but I don't know how politics work in that town.
I don't hold with shooting dogs for the fun of it, but I can understand why someone in the country might shoot any dog loose on their property, especially if they've lost livestock to feral dogs before.
Again, I feel for the cop, my dogs have always been part of the family, and I expect he was at least that close to his, that has to hurt. But when your dog gets loose, you have to accept that things like this can happen and the shooter isn't necessarily in the wrong.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:56   #10
Panzergrenadier1979
Keystone Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeperofthedew View Post
NAC, but he has a legitimate point.
At least around here feral dogs have been an issue from time to time in the rural areas, and coyotes always are.
Often times farmers will just shoot a dog they see running loose on their property. Would I? Not unless it was actively aggressive towards me or my livestock, but then I'm a dog person.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of his neighbors south on the road saw the dogs running loose on his property, shot them, and then when he went to collect the bodies recognized the dogs, and didn't want to deal with any repercussions from owning up to it, so drove them up the road past the guy's house and dumped them. Were it me I would have owned up to it, but I don't know how politics work in that town.
I don't hold with shooting dogs for the fun of it, but I can understand why someone in the country might shoot any dog loose on their property, especially if they've lost livestock to feral dogs before.
Again, I feel for the cop, my dogs have always been part of the family, and I expect he was at least that close to his, that has to hurt. But when your dog gets loose, you have to accept that things like this can happen and the shooter isn't necessarily in the wrong.
I'm not disagreeing with you at all.

However, Brucev has a very low opinion of LE and will share this attitude with all of coptalk any chance he gets. It gets old after awhile.

Panzergrenadier1979 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:34   #11
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Brucev is a drive-by LE basher.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:58   #12
OldScribe2009

Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
To me, it seems too much of a coincidence for the dogs to die (and be found) this way.
OldScribe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote