SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:06   #21
slick64

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemeinschaft View Post
I believe that AQ's confirmation stating that the United States killed OBL only goes to serve their purpose.

Giving credit to Obama's claim, makes OBL a martyr to Islam - this is what OBL wanted and actually completes his mission.
He had many chances to become a martyr though.
slick64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:07   #22
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick64 View Post
I just doubt given their professionalism that would happen, and especially more so given the 40mins in and out for the mission. (If that's accurate).

They would have gotten out as quickly as possible once mission accomplished I would imagine.
Granted that I'm not a trained commando, but I'm willing to bet I'd have taken an additional minute to pull out some fingernails or toenails.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:20   #23
4 glocks

I saw him at McDonalds buying a McRib maybe that was Elvis.
4 glocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:28   #24
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

I dont believe we know all the details and I accept that some of what we do know may be false. However I am pretty sure he was killed, in a raid, in a general way they say it happens.

It passes all the tests. Large numbers of people, on BOTH sides and anyone who would know says it happened, Our military, their military, his family, his family that was THERE, his group... and the cost for lying about it would be very high.

The people who say "it didnt happen" (Tin foilers) are giving people on the fence of what the problem with tin foilers is, a textbook example of why it is flawed thinking. Here is a group of people, who have no connenction with the events at all, saying "I know something no one else knows...or agrees with..." (which is Tin Foiler MO)

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust

Last edited by Rabbi; 05-20-2011 at 10:28..
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:30   #25
highfructosecornsyrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemeinschaft View Post

Giving credit to Obama's claim, makes OBL a martyr to Islam - this is what OBL wanted and actually completes his mission.

OBL has never been anything more than a pawn with money, he was not the leader of AQ and I don't believe that we killed him in an operation a couple of weeks ago.
So Osama is now a martyr and inspirational figure in the muslim world, but before that he was only a pawn. In your viewpoint, it seems like it would have been better to keep him alive, a pawn instead of an inspiration?

Seems ridiculous to me.
highfructosecornsyrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:31   #26
mixflip

I am not a tin hat kind of guy but is it really a stretch of the imagination that the CIA took him alive?

I wouldnt be surprised. In the intelligence world Bin Laden is a winning lottery ticket you just dont destroy. My experience is that when ever there is an avalanche of evidence thrown in your face in 24 hours mind you...often times its to distract you from the truth. I worked for the federal government for 6 years and currently work for state government...they just dont give out top secret info that fast. (24 hrs Bin Laden was already buried at sea? really - in 24hrs?????)

I am not saying everything we heard so far isnt true...I am just saying I wouldn't be shocked if in 70 years we find out it went down differently?
mixflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:33   #27
09crue

the quick burial at sea is what i find suspicious..he may infact be dead,but without proof their will always be some doubt?
09crue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:35   #28
rod727

Quote:
Originally Posted by akapennypincher View Post
Lets say the Obama Administration has had quit a few version of the story of Osama bin Laden's Death.

Do you personally believe what we are being told 110%. (NO)

About when Osama bin Laden was taken out? (YES) relevance?

That Osama bin Laden is really dead? (YES)

Just asking because I smell a DEAD FISH SMELL!

Whats your point?

Last edited by rod727; 05-20-2011 at 10:36..
rod727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:36   #29
Peter95

honestly..... No
Peter95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:37   #30
Peter95

Our government probably gave up since it was getting too expensive....
Peter95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:50   #31
gemeinschaft
AKA Fluffy316

Send a message via AIM to gemeinschaft Send a message via Yahoo to gemeinschaft Send a message via Skype™ to gemeinschaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfructosecornsyrp View Post
So Osama is now a martyr and inspirational figure in the muslim world, but before that he was only a pawn. In your viewpoint, it seems like it would have been better to keep him alive, a pawn instead of an inspiration?

Seems ridiculous to me.
I think you misread what I was saying... I have never been against killing any member of AQ, matter of fact, I'll buy ammo.

I just don't think we need to confirm or deny someone's death or how they died in order to rob them of the title of dying as a martyr for Islam.

I'd be perfectly happy if they had shot him in the nutz, bathed him in pig fat and buried him with swine.

I think many people do not understand that giving someone a death as a martyr to their cause is actually giving the enemy his victory. People die, but Martyrs live forever in legend.

Discreetly disposing of garbage like OBL should be done in secret and No... No one has a need to know.

These oxygen thieves are responsible for the deaths of some of my closest brethren and I believe there is a special place in hell for them.

We need to take a closer look at our enemy and start robbing them of victories such as this one.

I personally believe that OBL has been dead for a while, but by claiming that we just killed him, it gave AQ an opportunity to claim OBL as a martyr. Why should we give them another victory? Just let him rot in hell in secrecy.

The other effect that I think you will see is that the majority of the American Public now believe with OBL out of the picture, the threat is over and we can all go home now. This can't be further form the truth.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:36   #32
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da

BHO was forced to kill him against his wishes and the wishes of the hard left that pulls his purse-stings.

If he had taken a pass or ordered his capture and had failed, word would have leaked and made him look weaker than he already is.

As it is, he took 18hrs to approve the mission, a call that was legally authorized 10 years ago by Bush 43.

And of course, his National Security Team won't shut the F up about the details, putting of people at risk all over the world.

He is an idiot surrounded by morons and supported by fools.
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan

Last edited by JimBianchi; 05-20-2011 at 16:05.. Reason: sp
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:50   #33
Obi Wan

Yes, I believe he's 'personna non grata'...
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Virg Muelleri

Last edited by Obi Wan; 02-15-2012 at 14:10..
Obi Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 17:21   #34
akapennypincher
Glock-O-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post

The people who say "it didnt happen" (Tin foilers) are giving people on the fence of what the problem with tin foilers is, a textbook example of why it is flawed thinking. Here is a group of people, who have no connenction with the events at all, saying "I know something no one else knows...or agrees with..." (which is Tin Foiler MO)
I am not a Tin Foiler, but IMHO the story from the White House seems to have changed several times. As my mother use to say it is easier to recall Truth, than remember what LIE you told what person.
akapennypincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 17:23   #35
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
He's dead that's all that matters to me
Dalton Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 17:26   #36
volky
NRA Member

He fell outta da helo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfF1v...layer_embedded
Old 05-20-2011, 17:42   #37
happy seal

I believe he is dead, Islamic groups would not confirm death if it wasn't true. I believe the US gov lied when they first reported a fire fight for whatever minutes ( 45)? I believe the Pak gov came in and scooped up the remainders. I believe the Pak gov knew he was there all along! I believe he was paying lobbyists and officials money to shut up!. I believe we did the right thing in the long run after the smoke cleared! JMO!

"Off to the Salt Mine, My Friend"
happy seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 17:52   #38
automatic slim
Walmart Shopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBianchi View Post
BHO was forced to kill him against his wishes and the wishes of the hard left that pulls his purse-stings.

If he had taken a pass or ordered his capture and had failed, word would have leaked and made him look weaker than he already is.

As it is, he took 18hrs to approve the mission, a call that was legally authorized 10 years ago by Bush 43.

And of course, his National Security Team won't shut the F up about the details, putting of people at risk all over the world.

He is an idiot surrounded by morons and supported by fools.
Agreed. Then Obama bathed in the glory.

Makes me sick.

What a crappy chameleon.
automatic slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 17:52   #39
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

I sure hope he's dead,.......I've thrown a pound of bacon in the ocean every week since his death.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 17:53   #40
bigj480
CLM Number 36
Charter Lifetime Member

I believe it, but I'm not certain. Something happened, what and how I can not say. Is he dead? Probably. Did they bury him at see in a respectful manner to appease superstitious people? I really doubt it. I really don't care as long as he is gone. It does not change much in my eyes.
bigj480 is offline   Reply With Quote