Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:50   #1
Bret
Crimping Master

Which inside the pants holster for 9mm CZ-75 Compact?

I carry my Glock 23 and Steyr M40 using an Uncle Mike's Sidekick inside the pants type holster. I like it because I don't have to use a belt, it covers most of the pistol, and the material is soft so it doesn't wear gun finishes. Which Uncle Mike's size is correct for the 9mm CZ-75 Compact? Do you know of any other brands of similar holsters that would work for the 9mm CZ-75 Compact?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:54   #2
digitalmike47

High Noon
Old 06-01-2011, 12:56   #3
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Uncle mikes?..

Wow...

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 13:08   #4
Edmo01

For IWB carry I would suggest a Crossbreed Supertuck which is a totally different style of holster from your Uncle Mike soft "foam material" holster. BLACKHAWK! also makes a soft material holster similar to your Uncle Mikes...

back to the Supertuck, it will generally be worn with a belt, and it could easily wear the CZ's finish depending on the version of pistol, and will not be interchangeable between your G23, CZ, and the Steyr. The Supertuck is form fitted to the pistol and they do make them specific for the CZ. Why the Supertuck? One word: comfort.

About the finish, my son has a "pre-B" CZ75 which sports the painted on finish which just plain sucks. I could easily get a more durable coating with a Walmart rattle can finish. He has carried this pistol extensively and the finish is very worn. I think the newer CZs have a more durable finish. You'll not have any finish issues with your Glock.

Edmo
Edmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 13:37   #5
Bret
Crimping Master

A point of clarification, I'm not looking for a holster that's interchangable between the CZ-75 Compact and my other pistols. I'd go ahead and buy another Uncle Mike's, but none of them seem to fit with the correct amount of snugness. It's kind of a bummer because Uncle Mike's price is right, the holsters are comfortable, and they don't put a bit of wear on my pistols, not even on the high points after years of use.
Old 06-01-2011, 15:03   #6
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret View Post
A point of clarification, I'm not looking for a holster that's interchangable between the CZ-75 Compact and my other pistols. I'd go ahead and buy another Uncle Mike's, but none of them seem to fit with the correct amount of snugness. It's kind of a bummer because Uncle Mike's price is right, the holsters are comfortable, and they don't put a bit of wear on my pistols, not even on the high points after years of use.
w/o friction (which causes wear)... there can be no retention.

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 21:20   #7
Bret
Crimping Master

I've been using Uncle Mike's holsters for almost twenty years. A pistol has yet to fall out. The pressure between my pants and my body seems to apply enough pressure. Of course I don't stand on my head.
Old 06-01-2011, 22:11   #8
OD Green Glock 19

Crossbreed Supertuck. The most comfortable holster for the most comfortable pistol. I wear both everyday and I couldn't be happier about it. I have yet to find a more accurate, comfortable, or reliable compact pistol. Likewise, I have yet to find a better, more comfortable holster.
Gun Control Defined:The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.lCZ75P-01lHKUSPc&TLR-3lH&KMP5SD.22l WaltherPPKlHK416Pistol&TLR-2l
OD Green Glock 19 is offline   Reply With Quote