Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:49   #1
ronduke

Terror Worries Ride Rails

Plot Detailed in bin Laden Trove Renews Concerns About Sector's Vulnerability.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000..._WSJ_US_News_5
ronduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:27   #2
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
CSX Corp. one of the largest U.S. railroads, maintains the only team in the U.S. dedicated to countering terrorism threats to railroads. Members of the Rapid Response Team, an 18-man unit of CSX police officers created in 2004, spend most of the year helping protecting CSX's huge rail network.

But for about 30 days a year, the team travels on a custom-built, one-of-a-kind locomotive, teaching SWAT teams how to blow the doors and windows off trains and storm down narrow aisles gunning for bad guys.
Wow, traveling around the country meeting other LEOs? For a single cop with no family...

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:39   #3
Patchman
Florist

Railroads should try to encourage more LEOs to travel by rail. Having the presence of the armed LEO is NOT what's important because terrorists will likely explode bombs on trains. What's important is having LEO passengers on board who (assuming survived) can bring some control and coordination over the massive chaos that will ensue while waiting for the on-duty first responders to get there.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:11   #4
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Railroads should try to encourage more LEOs to travel by rail. Having the presence of the armed LEO is NOT what's important because terrorists will likely explode bombs on trains. What's important is having LEO passengers on board who (assuming survived) can bring some control and coordination over the massive chaos that will ensue while waiting for the on-duty first responders to get there.
But of course the largest carrier in the country actually forbids us from carrying concealed on their trains...not that they do anything to stop or prevent it.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 13:04   #5
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
But of course the largest carrier in the country actually forbids us from carrying concealed on their trains...not that they do anything to stop or prevent it.
Amtrak? I thought not too long ago they had changed that.

Old 05-21-2011, 14:35   #6
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Amtrak? I thought not too long ago they had changed that.
Yes, Amtrak. You may have me there, though. I last remember reading about their policy over a year ago.

A check of current policy appears to indicate that they now allow firearms in checked baggage with a policy similar to the airlines, but not as a carry-on.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 17:12   #7
C/O-RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
Yes, Amtrak. You may have me there, though. I last remember reading about their policy over a year ago.

A check of current policy appears to indicate that they now allow firearms in checked baggage with a policy similar to the airlines, but not as a carry-on.
I cant stand Amtrak I was informed the same thing no way i could carry my firearm with me however the extremely out of shape ( ie worse the me and thats bad) Amtrak officer walked (waddled) past me in the aisle glock 22 in a leather thumb break with the thumb break opened, and 1 pair of handcuffs tucked around his belt.... thats it! I wanted to say something to him but I really dont think he would change anything so i didnt waste my time