SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-22-2011, 14:27   #41
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
More important, was the Indian chef practicing concealed curry or open curry?

Oh man. Oh man. I think I pulled a muscle.
Old 05-22-2011, 14:31   #42
AZLawDawg
Oh, Oh, Oh!!

Freakin' hungry now. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2011, 14:43   #43
Sgt127

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTrooper View Post
I was thinking totally different. I was going to claim most seasoned due to the time I attempted to arrest an Indian cook and he hit me with salt, pepper, curry, garam masala, and cardamom.
Years ago, my Sgt handed me a murder warrant. Guy was supposed to be staying on the west end of our town in a motel. Name was something "Patel".

I walk into the first motel in my beat. "Hey there, I'm looking for a Mr. Patel, is he here?"

Guy walks out from the back room, "I'm mr. Patel, can I help you?"

Bout pooped my pants. asked him to come talk to me for a second...I'm thinking, damn, this was too easy, he's not even a little hinky, I'lll just play it cool...Felony, on view arrest 5 minutes out of briefing, I'm a damn super cop.

I get his ID, ok, wrong first name and DOB. Thank him for his time.

Go to the motel next door....Same routine..."Mr. Patel anywhere around?".....

"Yes Sir, Officer, what can I do for you"

Somewhere around Mr. Patel #5 I figured it was an elaborate hose job or something...I had no idea how many Patels there were in the world. Kinda like if theres an armed robbery,and the vehicle description is a lavender Plymouth Mini van, fo the next 30 minutes, every EFING car you pass is a lavender Plymouth mini van.....

Finally one of them must have felt sorry for me and told me that Patel was "inkeeper" and there would be at least one or two Patels in every motel in the city...

Went and found a white boy cruising the hood that just scored crack and arrested him to make myself feel better...
Sgt127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 15:05   #44
Snowman92D

I started out in 1971 and retired in June of 2010, but I'm a choirboy compared to Dragoon and some of the other jaded ruffians around here.
Snowman92D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 15:07   #45
Patchman
Florist

Since 1999, for a total of 12 years. I've always been told the first ten years goes fast (it did), but the second ten years goes even faster. That's scary.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 15:23   #46
Vigilant

Quote:

Alright, I'm putting on my detective's hat, since some people call me a dick. Reading between the lines, I suspect the curry was concealed as a backup. My gut feeling tells me his primary was couscous, but that he kept the pot empty for tactical reasons. Cursed lurkers, coming to Cop Talk and reading all our trade secrets! All the more reason for verified membership.

I rest my case.

Last edited by Vigilant; 05-22-2011 at 15:23..
Vigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 15:30   #47
blueiron

There are many coppers here who have earned the nearly smooth badge that denotes the hard earned title of '"seasoned" and it isn't based solely on time in grade. Some of them have < 10 years on and they are hard chargers. Lots of grizzled old timers with the drive as well, and that is impossible to fake over time.

Thanks to all who nominated me, but many have done far more than I did. I'll just claim the old USMC term of "salty", since it can be turned into a double entendre and I always enjoyed make rookie female cops blush. After all, I am now just a contentious citizen who earned all of his Rights back and gets a nominal sum for staying away and not corrupting the politically correct youngsters with stories of saps, PR24s, .44 Special wheelguns, no portable radios, and a two week FTO period.

I sincerely thank you.

Thread drift warning ahead!

The old timers here got that way because of the old timers in their time - it is time for me to thank that person now.

I do have to throw out a sad farewell car to car message to Captain Michael T. Watters. He died on 08 March 2011 and was part of the 9th MEB that landed at Da Nang, RVN in 1965 and fought his was though the north end for over a year. He later when on to become a cop and worked his way up to Captain. He helped guide a growing agency through a lot of pains, showed a lot of rookie cops what policing really was, and gave two former Marines hell when we didn't far exceed what others did.

He looked a bit like the Marine Corps bulldog and always had a stogie jammed into his jaw. He always said that one never knew when a stinker [decomp] was around the corner and a good cop was always ready for anything. It was his little excuse to indulge his guilty pleasure.

Unfortunately, he never retired from the PD. He was fired by a new evangelical and highly religious chief of police for violating the one time Arizona law of "living in open and notorious cohabitation" with an executive secretary for the city. He went on to own his dream - a golf shop and later became an area manager for an armored transport service.

Skipper, thanks for the kicks in the rear when I deserved them, for the breaks when I needed them, for the high standards and the realization that policing is not much more than the application of practical psychology - either by word or by other means. Thanks for all you did and for being the Old Salt in command who had a quick laugh and a practical joke.

Goodbye Mike and walk your post in Heaven well. Thanks for helping me become a salty old citizen who once had the honor of serving with men like you.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 15:45   #48
Ajon412

Blueiron.....What a touching tribute to your mentor and friend....
Ajon412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 15:56   #49
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLawDawg View Post
Freakin' hungry now. Thanks.
I detest Indian food.... Especially curry.

It got worse after I took a call at a house, and the curry was so strong it literally burned my eyes. We couldn't breath inside the place. It was horrible. The place was also a complete mess. Trash everywhere. Dirty diapers laying around on the floor. A filthy 3 year old kid was running around the house naked, and at one point just pissed on the carpet right in front of everyone. It was like he didn't even know he should have been using a restroom. His patents didn't even blink at it. The smell stuck to me the rest of the shift. It was all so freaking bizarre....

I didn't like Indian food before that. Now I get physically ill at the smell of it.

*shudder*
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 16:00   #50
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
Goodbye Mike and walk your post in Heaven well.
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 16:05   #51
Pinki
CLM Number
Kiss My Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTrooper View Post
I was thinking totally different. I was going to claim most seasoned due to the time I attempted to arrest an Indian cook and he hit me with salt, pepper, curry, garam masala, and cardamom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
So... how was the curry?
Quote:

Quote:
Alright, I'm putting on my detective's hat, since some people call me a dick. Reading between the lines, I suspect the curry was concealed as a backup. My gut feeling tells me his primary was couscous, but that he kept the pot empty for tactical reasons. Cursed lurkers, coming to Cop Talk and reading all our trade secrets! All the more reason for verified membership.

I rest my case.
Old 05-22-2011, 16:12   #52
Pinki
CLM Number
Kiss My Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
There are many coppers here who have earned the nearly smooth badge that denotes the hard earned title of '"seasoned" and it isn't based solely on time in grade. Some of them have < 10 years on and they are hard chargers. Lots of grizzled old timers with the drive as well, and that is impossible to fake over time.

Thanks to all who nominated me, but many have done far more than I did. I'll just claim the old USMC term of "salty", since it can be turned into a double entendre and I always enjoyed make rookie female cops blush. After all, I am now just a contentious citizen who earned all of his Rights back and gets a nominal sum for staying away and not corrupting the politically correct youngsters with stories of saps, PR24s, .44 Special wheelguns, no portable radios, and a two week FTO period.

I sincerely thank you.

Thread drift warning ahead!

The old timers here got that way because of the old timers in their time - it is time for me to thank that person now.

I do have to throw out a sad farewell car to car message to Captain Michael T. Watters. He died on 08 March 2011 and was part of the 9th MEB that landed at Da Nang, RVN in 1965 and fought his was though the north end for over a year. He later when on to become a cop and worked his way up to Captain. He helped guide a growing agency through a lot of pains, showed a lot of rookie cops what policing really was, and gave two former Marines hell when we didn't far exceed what others did.

He looked a bit like the Marine Corps bulldog and always had a stogie jammed into his jaw. He always said that one never knew when a stinker [decomp] was around the corner and a good cop was always ready for anything. It was his little excuse to indulge his guilty pleasure.

Unfortunately, he never retired from the PD. He was fired by a new evangelical and highly religious chief of police for violating the one time Arizona law of "living in open and notorious cohabitation" with an executive secretary for the city. He went on to own his dream - a golf shop and later became an area manager for an armored transport service.

Skipper, thanks for the kicks in the rear when I deserved them, for the breaks when I needed them, for the high standards and the realization that policing is not much more than the application of practical psychology - either by word or by other means. Thanks for all you did and for being the Old Salt in command who had a quick laugh and a practical joke.

Goodbye Mike and walk your post in Heaven well. Thanks for helping me become a salty old citizen who once had the honor of serving with men like you.

Last edited by Pinki; 05-22-2011 at 16:12..
Pinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 16:12   #53
South Fla
©South Fla 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Wow, honorable mention for being a gear queer! I'll take it.
I called you a "Gear Guy" because I didn't want to call you a "Gear Queer", being PC you understand.
South Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 16:38   #54
South Fla
©South Fla 2014

Quote:
That said there a those that I pay close attention to when they post, like seanmac45, series1811, SamSpade, SouthFla, Blueiron, CheifWPD, G27Chief, SAR, 4949, SwatBawana, are just a few.
I am honored and humbled to be mentioned in the same sentence with these guys. Thanks Dragoon!
South Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 17:23   #55
Vigilant

Quote:
That said there a those that I pay close attention to when they post, like seanmac45, series1811, SamSpade, SouthFla, Blueiron, CheifWPD, G27Chief, SAR, 4949, SwatBawana, are just a few.
The only one here that I pay close attention to is Pinki.
Old 05-22-2011, 17:47   #56
Pinki
CLM Number
Kiss My Glock

Quote:
Old 05-22-2011, 17:47   #57
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
I got something else I want to do close with Pinki.

Old 05-22-2011, 17:47   #58
Pinki
CLM Number
Kiss My Glock

Quote:
I got something else I want to do close with Pinki.

Old 05-22-2011, 17:50   #59
Vigilant

Winter will be here before we know it. Why is it that I always start to feel AWFUL nice in early Fall?
Old 05-22-2011, 17:54   #60
lwt210

Started on my 27th birthday in 1996.

What is that? Nearly 15 years?

Surely not. Jeez how time flies. I have a digipic of my first academy graduation picture. Looks nothing like me.

Did anyone mention CC99? Maybe I am the only one that remembers him.

Last edited by lwt210; 05-22-2011 at 17:55..
lwt210 is offline   Reply With Quote