Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-27-2011, 14:36   #1
clancy

How would you handle this, part 2

I had another visit from CPS yesterday, this makes the 4th abuse allegation against me in 6 weeks. The last 3, since I last posted about this, were slapping him, putting cigarettes out on my son's back, and yesterdays allegation was I punched my son in the face, and then when I got him down on the ground straddled him and pummeled his face repeatedly. I have been cleared of the 3 previous allegations, no bruises, no marks, no cigarette burns, and my son, who is 9, has told the investigators they are all lies. Yesterdays' charge, which of course was anonymous, said it happened around 5pm in the front yard of my house, and the person who phoned it in said she saw it as she drove by. We were at my Dad's house from aroung 4-7pm. My son, when asked by the investigator and deputy, said none of it was true. Tne deputy asked if he could take a picture of my son, so he could put it in his report, to show there were no bruises. The deputy and the CPS investigators were apologetic, but I said I understood that they had a job to do. The deputy even told me that if he could prove that my ex-wife was making these calls he would file criminal charges against her but as all these calls are anonymous there is nothing he can do.

I have to admit though, this is really getting old. I am afraid to wrestle with my son for fear of putting even a minor bruise on him. He takes karate and MMA, and at least when he gets bruises there we have both witnesses and an excuse. I feel like I am being held hostage to the whims of an insane woman. She has called CPS 4 times in just over 10 weeks, and has called the police on me an even dozen times since the first of the year, all of BS. That finally stopped when the State Police told her it needed to end.

It no doubt is going to get worse before long. I am taking her to Family Court, I am going for full custody. I have a pretty good female lawyer, and have been keeping detailed notes about all the crap the ex has pulled for the past 2 years. I just hope it works. If anyone here has any input, I would love to hear it.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 15:22   #2
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Where are you? Because it sounds a lot like my neck of the woods.
Old 05-27-2011, 17:19   #3
Arvinator

I know this sounds silly, but have you consulted with a lawyer? I might even go so far as to carry a digital recorder on my person 24 hours a day, and say the date, time, etc. on each digital recorder and down load it to the computer. This way IF there is an allegation, you can give the audio. (I bet if you let it leaked out you are considering doing this, it may slow down the false allegations)
Arvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 18:03   #4
clancy

I am in Delaware County, New York, about 2 1/2 hours north of NYC. And I do have a lawyer, who has advised me to record nothing, as it would do nothing to help, and probably hurt, me in the long run.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:47   #5
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Sounds like you're doing all you can. The fortunate thing is that the CPS and LE folks involved obviously see it for what it is and her games will likely end up costing her dearly in the end. Stay the course, be strong, be a dad. Do what you're doing and hang in there. Keep us posted.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is online now   Reply With Quote