Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-01-2011, 22:44   #1
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Iraqi Men Face Federal Terrorism Charges In Ky

http://www.wlky.com/r/28083580/detail.html

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:09   #2
dano1427

So, a TERRORIST from Iraq somehow managed to immigrate to the U.S. unnoticed until he started (attempted) to ship weapons to the enemy in Iraq?

Dept. of Homeland Security...yea, right...
dano1427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:55   #3
Patchman
Florist

OK, I can see fund raising.

But I find it amazing they would be obtaining IED information and purchasing weapons in the U.S. for shipment to Iraq. There are plenty of states/countries back in the mideast who are more than willing to provide weapons to and share IED technology/experiences with anyone who is anti-U.S.

Even with the on-going "Arab Spring" there has to be some sources left if the buyer is willing to pay in greenbacks.

Maybe the availability of guns within the U.S. is getting a worldwide reputation?

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.

Last edited by Patchman; 06-02-2011 at 04:57..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:37   #4
CJStudent
Fenced In

The weapons they were after were Stinger man-portable surface-to-air missles.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:23   #5
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Hammadi is charged with attempting to provide material support to terrorists and to al-Qaida in Iraq, as well as conspiracy to transfer, possess and export Stinger missiles.

Quote:
"Over the course of roughly eight years, Waad Ramadan Alwan allegedly supported efforts to kill U.S. troops in Iraq, first by participating in the construction and placement of improvised explosive devices in Iraq and, more recently, by attempting to ship money and weapons from the United States to insurgents in Iraq."

Beginning in September 2010, Alwan said he wanted to help provide weapons to Iraqi insurgents. Alwan began providing money, weapons, IED diagrams and advice on the construction of IEDs, to what he believed were the mujahedin attacking U.S. troops in Iraq.

In November, Alwan picked up machine guns and rocket-propelled grenade launchers from a storage facility in Kentucky and delivered them to a location believing they would be shipped to al-Qaida in Iraq.

Yes, Stingers and other stuff. RPGs? Weird.

The best place to be shopping for weapons right now is Libya's Col. Mo's arsenal. His supporters need hard cash for the endgame.

Last edited by Patchman; 06-02-2011 at 09:27..
Old 06-02-2011, 10:39   #6
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
More souls for ADX Florence.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40   #7
longhaulcop

I received a email today about how DHS was worried about illegals using fraudulent documents to gain entry into the country. But here we have an example of how our government lets them in openly/legally with a refugee status visa. Then of course these people come on over and plan how to kill Americans. WOW!
This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my brother on the left. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow or my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me, facing the enemy.
longhaulcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:44   #8
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post

Yes, Stingers and other stuff. RPGs? Weird.

The best place to be shopping for weapons right now is Libya's Col. Mo's arsenal. His supporters need hard cash for the endgame.
RPG isn't really rocket propelled grenade, but maybe the media got somethings wrong and they meant anti-tank man portables.
Old 06-02-2011, 13:45   #9
Patchman
Florist

Yeah, I was a little unsure about the article myself. RPGs (Rocket Propelled Grenade) are that Soviet anti-tank weapon you see all the good 'freedom fighters' carry around. That's why I thought shopping for them within the U.S. was weird.

Maybe the article was referring the 40mm multiple grenade launcher system?

Anyway, anyone wants to go on a shopping trip to Tripoli? It's only a short ferry ride from Malta.

Old 06-02-2011, 14:32   #10
Snowman92D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTrooper View Post
RPG isn't really rocket propelled grenade, but maybe the media got somethings wrong and they meant anti-tank man portables.
"RPG" in Russian is, best I remember, Ruchnoy Protitankovy Grennat or "Hand-held Anti-tank Grenade".

Last edited by Snowman92D; 06-02-2011 at 14:33..
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:28   #11
Bren
NRA Life Member

Strange, and not the only strange Iraqis to show up in Kentucky lately - not to mention the Bosnian war criminal they arrested in Stanton a couple of moths ago.

Apparently everybody from South America to the middle east has decided KY is a good place to live.

Last edited by Bren; 06-04-2011 at 06:29..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:30   #12
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Strange, and not the only strange Iraqis to show up in Kentucky lately - not to mention the Bosnian war criminal they arrested in Stanton a couple of moths ago.

Apparently everybody from South America to the middle east has decided KY is a good place to live.
That's what I've been thinking. Along with a lot of illegals--to the point it was even mentioned on Border Wars.

Quote: