SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-27-2011, 21:12   #1
WestPat

Got my first Glock recently.

Hello Everyone,
I have been cruising GT for the better part of a year but now that I bought one I figured I should join. I have an RTF2 17. I like the looks of the gun and it "welds" to my hand better than regular Gen 3's or 4's. I have put about 200 rounds through it with only one stovepipe, but I think i got a little loose with my grip, not the gun's fault.

I have a good amount of property, and I have a place I can shoot anywhere from 5-15 yards with an earthen backstop. So I go down a couple times a week and I set up my little homemade targets and I walk off the distance and I just let er rip.

The problem is that I do not have any idea how to effectively shoot a pistol. At least not consistently. I may be dead center on two shots then not even be within four inches for my next three.

I am just reaching out hoping that you guys would be willing to give advice or know of good resources that I could take advantage of. I bought this gun with the hopes of shooting competitively one day. I just don't want to keep buying ammo without having a good path to improvement.

I live in Blount county and work in Jefferson. I am familiar with the different gun shops, and even ATI, but I would appreciate the opinion of fellow Glockers!!
Thanks,
David
WestPat is offline   Reply With Quote