GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 15:46   #1
thatguybryan
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 40
Springfield 1911 accuracy guarantees?

I know some of the Springfield 1911 accuracy at 25 yd. guarantees, but I can't find them on the website. Where can I look at the guarantees for each Springfield 1911? Thanks for the help.
thatguybryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 16:26   #2
Quack
Rent this space
 
Quack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,684
1.5" for custom shop
2.5" for TRP, Trophy Match, Range Officer
3.5" for Loaded
IIRC 4.5" for mil-spec & GI's

Last edited by Quack; 06-06-2011 at 16:26..
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 16:58   #3
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: US
Posts: 31,934
Quack,.......safe to assume these are from a Ransom Rest?
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 17:29   #4
GeorgiaRedfish
Senior Member
 
GeorgiaRedfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Right behind you...
Posts: 3,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Quack,.......safe to assume these are from a Ransom Rest?
Nope a 1 year old boy's hand.
__________________
With it, or on it.
GeorgiaRedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 17:34   #5
CMG
Senior Member
 
CMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Don't Mess with Texas
Posts: 4,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaRedfish View Post
Nope a 1 year old boy's hand.
1911 Forums
__________________
Nobody has the right to never be offended!
CMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 17:34   #6
skipsan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 153
Springfield reps have touted those accuracy numbers in informal communications (e-mails) sent to other 1911 forum(s). Whether they could be
called guarantees is subject to interpretation. If the numbers have ever been published as true guarantees to a wide audience, they've escaped my scrutiny.

Given SA's liberal customer service policy, I believe they'd probably step up to any accuracy issue that fell outside their informal "published" numbers, but it would be their call.
skipsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 17:42   #7
knedrgr
Senior Member
 
knedrgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: C to the L to the E
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Quack,.......safe to assume these are from a Ransom Rest?
Yes it is.
knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 18:16   #8
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: US
Posts: 31,934
GeorgiaRedfish,........
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 21:01   #9
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Quack,.......safe to assume these are from a Ransom Rest?
Absolutely, Greg
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 22:53   #10
thatguybryan
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 40
that is what i thought they were quack, thanks.

where does the mc operator fit in? is the mc operator on par with a trp in fit, finish and accuracy?

also, i have heard you can special order the trp full rail through the custom shop. anyone done this? is it the same price as the regular trp? im assuming it is more. i see the trp half rail listed on the site, but i cannot locate one. is the half rail trp is discontinued as well?

thanks again for the help.
thatguybryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:08   #11
knedrgr
Senior Member
 
knedrgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: C to the L to the E
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
that is what i thought they were quack, thanks.

where does the mc operator fit in? is the mc operator on par with a trp in fit, finish and accuracy?

also, i have heard you can special order the trp full rail through the custom shop. anyone done this? is it the same price as the regular trp? im assuming it is more. i see the trp half rail listed on the site, but i cannot locate one. is the half rail trp is discontinued as well?

thanks again for the help.
Of the MC Operators that I've handle, it seems to be between the TRP and Loaded. Closer to the TRP fitting. So it would put money on it closer to the 2.5" range.

Yes, SACS will build a full rail TRP. There's a local shop that has or had one used. Don't know if they still do. But if order from SACS, it will run you almost 2X the price of a NIB TRP. Half rail TRP is still in production, and should still be around $1500-$1600.
knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:42   #12
okie
GT Mayor
 
okie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Muskogee Ok.
Posts: 129,520


Quote:
Originally Posted by CMG View Post
1911 Forums
__________________
Don't dial 911, dial 1911
If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!
Schiit audio, everything else ain't.
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:51   #13
thatguybryan
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by knedrgr View Post
Of the MC Operators that I've handle, it seems to be between the TRP and Loaded. Closer to the TRP fitting. So it would put money on it closer to the 2.5" range.

Yes, SACS will build a full rail TRP. There's a local shop that has or had one used. Don't know if they still do. But if order from SACS, it will run you almost 2X the price of a NIB TRP. Half rail TRP is still in production, and should still be around $1500-$1600.
Oh ok, I did not know the half rail TRP was still available. Thanks for the help man.
thatguybryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:01   #14
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!
 
Shipwreck-The-Sequel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey City, Texas
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
1.5" for custom shop
Cool. I didn't know Springfield had that guarantee on their custom shop guns (or if I did, I had forgotten). Where did you see that?
__________________
-
Visit: Texas Gun Forum!!!!
Shipwreck-The-Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:03   #15
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!
 
Shipwreck-The-Sequel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey City, Texas
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
also, i have heard you can special order the trp full rail through the custom shop. anyone done this? is it the same price as the regular trp? im assuming it is more. i see the trp half rail listed on the site, but i cannot locate one. is the half rail trp is discontinued as well?
You can order a full railed Operator thru the custom shop - I did so in the past. But, it's NOT the production gun, and will run you $2600-$3k. But, it's a gun built by hand instead of a production gun.
__________________
-
Visit: Texas Gun Forum!!!!
Shipwreck-The-Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:52   #16
thatguybryan
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipwreck-The-Sequel View Post
You can order a full railed Operator thru the custom shop - I did so in the past. But, it's NOT the production gun, and will run you $2600-$3k. But, it's a gun built by hand instead of a production gun.
That is a lot of money, but like you said it is a custom gun. I did not know you were from houston. I am from houston also. You don't have any 1911's anymore do you?

You're more of a beretta guy now it seems.
thatguybryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:11   #17
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!
 
Shipwreck-The-Sequel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey City, Texas
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
That is a lot of money, but like you said it is a custom gun. I did not know you were from houston. I am from houston also. You don't have any 1911's anymore do you?

You're more of a beretta guy now it seems.
I'm actually in College Station - about 70 min north from the Cypress area. of Houston.

I do still have one 1911 - that very Full Rail Custom Shop 9mm Operator, in fact. I did sell the Ed Brown a couple of months back. And yea, Berettas are my main interest now.

But, I don't think I'll sell that 9mm Operator.
__________________
-
Visit: Texas Gun Forum!!!!
Shipwreck-The-Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:52   #18
knedrgr
Senior Member
 
knedrgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: C to the L to the E
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipwreck-The-Sequel View Post
I do still have one 1911 - that very Full Rail Custom Shop 9mm Operator, in fact. I did sell the Ed Brown a couple of months back. And yea, Berettas are my main interest now.

But, I don't think I'll sell that 9mm Operator.
what, no picture?
knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:09   #19
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!
 
Shipwreck-The-Sequel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey City, Texas
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by knedrgr View Post
what, no picture?
OH hell... I'll post them. I just thought everyone was sick of seeing it...

It does have 25 LPI hand checkering on the front strap - I just like these pachmeyer grips too much to go back to other grips.

1911 Forums

1911 Forums

1911 Forums
__________________
-
Visit: Texas Gun Forum!!!!
Shipwreck-The-Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:14   #20
Hokie1911
><><><><><
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 10,691
That thing is pure awesomeness. Why would we be sick of seeing it?
Hokie1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:16   #21
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!
 
Shipwreck-The-Sequel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey City, Texas
Posts: 2,385
Well, I get razed about the grips everytime I post the pics, and when I do post it in a thread, there usually isn't any follow up post occurring afterwards. So, I've sorta stopped bothering to post it most of the time. Thought everyone was sick of seeing it.
__________________
-
Visit: Texas Gun Forum!!!!

Last edited by Shipwreck-The-Sequel; 06-07-2011 at 11:17..
Shipwreck-The-Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 15:35   #22
knedrgr
Senior Member
 
knedrgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: C to the L to the E
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipwreck-The-Sequel View Post
Well, I get razed about the grips everytime I post the pics,

Yes, those are pretty FUGLY. But the rest of the gun is awesome!
knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 15:41   #23
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!
 
Shipwreck-The-Sequel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hockey City, Texas
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by knedrgr View Post
Yes, those are pretty FUGLY. But the rest of the gun is awesome!
Well, I tried several other grips, including just plain rubber panels from Hogue. I got so used to these grips on an MC Operator I had that I don't like the feeling of where the front edge of the grips end and go back down to the frame.

I like the continuous piece that the pachmeyers have.

Anyway - everyone who holds it ends up falling in love with the grips and the way they feel on the gun. I just prefer it over regular panels and the checkering.
__________________
-
Visit: Texas Gun Forum!!!!
Shipwreck-The-Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 19:24   #24
iLift45's
Senior Member
 
iLift45's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
1.5" for custom shop
2.5" for TRP, Trophy Match, Range Officer
3.5" for Loaded
IIRC 4.5" for mil-spec & GI's
Can't wait to find out!! Dave called me today. Talked to him for about 15 mins! Great guy and really helped me with some decisions for my TRP Operator.
__________________
NRA Life Member
G19, G20, (2)G26, G34

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in every language. - Clint Smith
iLift45's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 21:23   #25
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
That is a lot of money, but like you said it is a custom gun. I did not know you were from houston. I am from houston also. You don't have any 1911's anymore do you?

You're more of a beretta guy now it seems.
State pride man, state pride, please capitalize Houston

Now you also need to capitalize Dallas but you do not need to capitalize the word cowboys in Dallas cowboys cause they suck
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:20.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 934
315 Members
619 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42