Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:17   #21
NWGlocker

I have to agree with the smartcarry. I have one that I use mostly around the house or when camping and not wearing a belt. It is a great system. When worn properly no one knows you have it and you can carry your gun and a spare mag. They are not expensive either.
TOP GUN 357SIG club member #187
NWGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:26   #22
ubimow

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatcop View Post
scrubs will print everything....pouches went out in the 80's...belly band or wallet style.
I carried a Glock 19 every day for over a year wearing scrubs. I just tucked it into the scrubs AND underwear for extra support then tighten the drawstring. NOBODY knew I carried. I don't know why everyone thinks it so freakin hard to carry while wearing scrubs.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:29   #23
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

Wow. You're right that it's easy to conceal in scrubs. Not so much about carrying without a holster.
Old 06-12-2011, 13:33   #24
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkangel1846 View Post
Fanny Pack is the best but only for a small handgun like a KelTec .380, or a bodyguard .38. You can never take your fanny pack off at work, never! You may also wish to read all the Hospital policy book that is supposed to be available, as often it is buried in a policy.
Ankle holsters do not work , neither do belly bands. If you have a small fanny pack people do not suspect you might be packing. Getting caught with a CCW is a fireing offence in almost every case. Don't ever tell anyone that you carry.
Nearly every option of carry has been discussed. I would go with Darkangel1846’s recommendation. Don’t ask anyone; carefully look through their policy book for employees and your state statutes. Two reasons for not asking others: (1) you don’t necessarily want others to know (2) they may tell you what they “think” is right, not necessarily what “is” right.

When looking at the statutes, not only look for prohibited places, also look for restrictions applicable to mental health facilities and find out if the hospital you are working at has any on premises (check definitions carefully).

Good luck! I hope the end result is that you can indeed carry.

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Misty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 14:33   #25
Acemedic1

yeah misty I definately will be cautious about who I speak too, I hadn't thought about the mental health facility being located on the same campus. That may indeed throw a wrench into the equation.

Glock 22,23,27 SA 1911, dpms ap4, wasr-10, 870x2, 10/22, reminton 700 x2 .300win/.270 kel tec p32
Acemedic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:32   #26
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acemedic1 View Post
yeah misty I definately will be cautious about who I speak too, I hadn't thought about the mental health facility being located on the same campus. That may indeed throw a wrench into the equation.
Same campus and same building may have different applications depending on how your statutes read and if you ever have to work in the same building.

Of course, if forbidden in the employee handbook you may run the risk of getting fired regardless of what the law actually is. That would be a decision that only you can make after you weigh in all the possible repercussions. I, for one, won’t risk losing my job thus I won’t carry at work. However, if the conditions changed (example: someone I believe is unstable gets fired and they make threats on their way out) I would have to reconsider. It doesn’t mean that I will carry then, just that I would need to reevaluate the potential of getting caught versus possible harm.

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Misty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:33   #27
caviteno_loco
Armed_Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubimow View Post
I carried a Glock 19 every day for over a year wearing scrubs. I just tucked it into the scrubs AND underwear for extra support then tighten the drawstring. NOBODY knew I carried. I don't know why everyone thinks it so freakin hard to carry while wearing scrubs.
D@mn bro that's impressive! I tried that while wearing scrubs and it ain't happening. My Glock 23 bulges too much.