Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:54   #1
MSW

Ruger LCR Crimson Trace Grips vs. S&W CT grips

I've pocket carried a S&W 642 with Crimson Trace grips. Not sure of the model number of them but they are the type that are closest in size to the original S&W 642 grips. I've been very happy with them.

I recently got a Ruger LCR in .357. I took it out the to range the other day to qual and was impressed with the grips that came from the factory. I think they're Hogue brand. I've had 2" .357 before (Smith Model 66 and Colt Lawman) and was always amazed at how much a 2" kicked when fired with .357's.

I'm looking to buy some CT grips for the LCR but don't want to loose the nice feel of the Hogue grips.

Anybody got any first hand experience with CT grips on the Ruger LCR and recoil?

Recommendations?

Pistol will be pocket carried.

Thanks.
MSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 18:04   #2
WMDoug
Keep&Bear Arms

My pocket carry .38 LCR has CT grips. Based on what I see in videos and what I feel when I shoot that thing, there is more recoil impact waiting for your hand with the CT grips compared to the Hogue. It figures that your .357 would kick harder than my .38. I am somewhat envious of those with Hogue grips, but am super happy that I have CT on the gun.

I still think that this gun is a blast to shoot and have only put 150 rounds through it but I have had no issues whatsoever.
WMDoug is offline   Reply With Quote