Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:52   #1
pisc1024

Javelina in Colorado?

Ok gents, as the title says I'm interested in doing some Javelina hunting in Colorado. Does anyone have any input on the possible whereabouts of any of these creatures in Colorado? I've looked on the Colorado Wildlife website, they have rules listed in the handbook about hunting them, so they must be in the state. I'm thinking a good place to look might be down south on the border of NM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
pisc1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 19:33   #2
noway

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisc1024 View Post
Ok gents, as the title says I'm interested in doing some Javelina hunting in Colorado. Does anyone have any input on the possible whereabouts of any of these creatures in Colorado? I've looked on the Colorado Wildlife website, they have rules listed in the handbook about hunting them, so they must be in the state. I'm thinking a good place to look might be down south on the border of NM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I would be surprise if you found a Javelina in CO, I didn't even realize you can hunt one in that state. But it's closely related to a pig, so I guess it could be located in alot of areas.

If you want plenty of musk hog hunting, W-TX or New Mexico would be the top locale for hunting them. And I heard Brazil has plenty of theses.

If you do find one in CO and successfully hunt it, post a story and pic or 2
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:58   #3
pisc1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by noway View Post
I would be surprise if you found a Javelina in CO, I didn't even realize you can hunt one in that state. But it's closely related to a pig, so I guess it could be located in alot of areas.

If you want plenty of musk hog hunting, W-TX or New Mexico would be the top locale for hunting them. And I heard Brazil has plenty of theses.

If you do find one in CO and successfully hunt it, post a story and pic or 2
Yea I was curious about it, so I looked it up on the web site. It says you can hunt feral pig, the give a definition of pig, and the specifically mention Javelina in the definition. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them in CO. Just wanted to try something different….
I'll be sure to post any pics of them in CO if I find any.
Old 06-13-2011, 17:04   #4
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

as far as I know there are no javelinas here. and feral hogs only in the SE corner and kill all you want, we don't want them here.

You can hunt them in NM or AZ and obviously TX.
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 20:04   #5
noway

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisc1024 View Post
Yea I was curious about it, so I looked it up on the web site. It says you can hunt feral pig , the give a definition of pig, and the specifically mention Javelina in the definition. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them in CO. Just wanted to try something different….
I'll be sure to post any pics of them in CO if I find any.
A javelina is technically not a pig, doesn't even look like a pig and have feet slightly different than a pig. It's really a peccary , and pigs are considered new world animals btw. As in it was brought to this nation and not native. ( kinda like most of us & and look how destructive we are )

So maybe you state lists javelina to cover all or did it by error in describing a pig , but by definition... a Javelina is not a pig. I would be surprise to see one as far north as CO.
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 23:42   #6
pisc1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
as far as I know there are no javelinas here. and feral hogs only in the SE corner and kill all you want, we don't want them here.

You can hunt them in NM or AZ and obviously TX.
Very nice, are you talking about hogs located in Las Animas, Baca County? Any specifics you could provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks…
Old 06-15-2011, 01:33   #7
Hummer
Big Member

Yep, Colorado is the only state in the union where you can hunt both javelinas and Bigfoot. That's right! Global warming has brought javelina populations 400 miles north into the Rocky Mountains while at the same time we have the Bigfoot critters from the nether northlands moving south to sun themselves on the warm water beaches that are lapping up from the Gulf of Mexico. Colorado is a hunters paradise. Licenses available.
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:48   #8
pisc1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
Yep, Colorado is the only state in the union where you can hunt both javelinas and Bigfoot. That's right! Global warming has brought javelina populations 400 miles north into the Rocky Mountains while at the same time we have the Bigfoot critters from the nether northlands moving south to sun themselves on the warm water beaches that are lapping up from the Gulf of Mexico. Colorado is a hunters paradise. Licenses available.
They have Bigfoot in Co? Are you serious!? I've always wanted to hunt man, but I guess Bigfoot will do. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-27-2011, 19:00   #9
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Damn. Never heard of Javelina here...
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorado, javelina