Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:40   #1
txpitdog

Anyone carry with a shoulder holster?

Even though I was very surprised at how well an untucked button up shirt concealed my G21 with a OWB holster, I was curious if maybe a shoulder holster would work better for the larger Glocks like the 21 and 30. I live in Houston, so this would be a fall/winter option only. I have tried IWB even with a Kahr PM40, but it just isn't for me. I primarily carry a 442 (edc) or LCP in my front pocket, but I would like to have and would prefer the 30SF when the weather would allow.
txpitdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:48   #2
Texcowboy

I have tried shoulder holsters and just cant get comfortable with them. I do have a few of the Concealment T Shirts though that let you carry in the same manner as a shoulder holster under a loose fitting shirt. I carry my G26, 33 and 36 in this manner. I have not tried my G30 in the T Shirt yet as it is a little heavier but I think it would be OK. Here is the URL http://www.daltechforce.com/main.sc

NRA Life Member

G20SF, G29SF, G32 GEN 4, G33, G21SF RTF2, G30SF, G36, G19
Texcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:54   #3
Adjuster

Not a shoulder holster but I have a biker buddy that wears a leather vest no sleeves and all. He had a holster sewn into the vest and carries a full size 40. You would never have any idea he is carrying, cant see anything. He had a magazine holster sewn into the other side to balance the weight.
Adjuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:46   #4
swinokur

Carry my G29 or G30 in a Miami Classic II under and unbuttoned untucked shirt or flannel cover.. very comfy and great for long driving trips.
swinokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:01   #5
1-2man
Part Time

I do at work (G-27) but still have one on my hip as well. When I ride, it is a M&P 340PD in a shoulder holster as well. (Both Galco Miami Classic IIs.)

Last edited by 1-2man; 06-14-2011 at 11:02..
1-2man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 22:35   #6
Caver 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcowboy View Post
I have tried shoulder holsters and just cant get comfortable with them. I do have a few of the Concealment T Shirts though that let you carry in the same manner as a shoulder holster under a loose fitting shirt. I carry my G26, 33 and 36 in this manner. I have not tried my G30 in the T Shirt yet as it is a little heavier but I think it would be OK. Here is the URL http://www.daltechforce.com/main.sc
Looks interesting and the price is right. A few questions if you don't mind. I notice it says to order one size smaller than your normal size.

I have the 511 tee shirt and I've found I have to order at least one size LARGER than normal with the 511 and it's still very tight on me. I'm 5 foot 8 and 165 pounds with a 37 inch waist.

Did you order one size smaller like they said, and how did it fit you?

Does it have a spare magazine pocket on the off side? From looking at the website picture, I don't think it does.

Also is the shirt scratchy to wear and does the pistol get sweat soaked if you sweat. I can only use the 511 in cold weather or in full air conditioning with no significant exercise. It's just too hot and the pistol gets sweat soaked with even light exercise.

Thanks.
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 23:14   #7
OldArcher
Gospel Carrier

West Woods Landing for me...

I've found the quality, service, and design of West Woods Landing's products to meet all of my needs, as to dual, horizontal, shoulder holsters. I carry either a brace of G21s or G30s, depending upon how badly my disabilities are, or how my perception of threat level is "itching", on a daily basis.

Here is their website:

http://www.wwlholsters.com/Default.asp

I can't speak for others, as this is subjective, at least on my part. I've had far more expensive rigs, ranging from 9mm to .44 mag, from Bianchi down to Uncle Mike's, and everything in between, but this company is all I rely upon, when it comes to shoulder holsters.

Good people, products, service, and value.

OldArcher, out...
"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.

Last edited by OldArcher; 06-14-2011 at 23:15.. Reason: grammar
OldArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 00:06   #8
New York Hunter

When I bought my SW1911 a few years ago I mentioned to my wife that I was thinking about getting a shoulder holster for it. So she bought me a Galco Classic Lite shoulder holster for fathers day. It's not the most exotic shoulder holster by any means, but honestly, I like it. I've been thinking about getting one for my G22. I've also be looking at the MIAMI CLASSIC II for either my SW1911 or G22. Or the VHS for my SW1911. There are a few other brands of similar design I've been looking at as well. In the colder months a shoulder holster works good for me.
New York Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:14   #9
Bren
NRA Life Member

I have a few Miami Classics. Can't be beat, especially for bigger guns. I've been using them since the 80's. I don't care for shoulder holsters that need to be attached to a belt, but the Galcos work great hanging free, and don't have elastic under your arm, so they are the only ones I use. I prefer the older Miami Classic with thin straps, not the newer ones with big wide comfort-straps for delicate people. The new straps are harder to conceal.

Last edited by Bren; 06-16-2011 at 08:16..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 23:11   #10
Lord

shoulder holster

this is what I use when I carry via shoulder holster. unbelievably comfortable, even against bare skin under a t-shirt. I live in San Antonio, so the heat during summer is very comparable to Houston (though less humid I think)

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.as...84&CatalogID=2

the extra magazine holder can be removed if desired, is it gives a much "wider" profile and makes carrying more obvious. This one holster has fit my glock and my taurus millennium pros. spare parts can be ordered if necessary without having to get a completely new rig.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:44   #11
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

Galco's jackass and miami classic rigs set the standard. Shoulder holster is rarely as practical as a good OWB/gunbelt, but it has it's place, and it sure beats carrying without a holster or in a pocket.