Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:03   #1
pens-66

Alessi CQC/S anyone??

I'm looking at getting a Alessi CQC/S for my G19. Anyone have any experience with them? How about some pictures?? Thanks
pens-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:09   #2
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens-66 View Post
I'm looking at getting a Alessi CQC/S for my G19. Anyone have any experience with them? How about some pictures?? Thanks
From what I have heard both personally, and on forums... Customer service(and quality) have slipped a good bit since Lou died.. There was actually a thread here on GT where a guy had a major issue w/ a shoulder holster he bought. He'd return it, they'd say they fixed it, and when he got it back, there would be no changes to the rig.

Hope it's not true.. but I have my doubts. You can only hear things so many times before you start to believe them.

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:13   #3
youngbuck
He's Tyrone!

I do not own the model you are wanting but I received my Talon Plus from Alessi about a month ago and was VERY pleased with the result. Im pretty picky about my holsters and I could not ask for a better one for my Sig 239. The CQC appears like a great OWB. I will say if you have any reservations about ordering yours then call Alessi and Tom will gladly answer any questions for you. His patience with me earned my business as I will probably order another Talon Plus in the very near future
youngbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:14   #4
pens-66

I'm looking at getting a slightly used one from another member. So not sure if its a newer made or "LOU" made version.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:46   #5
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
I do not own the model you are wanting but I received my Talon Plus from Alessi about a month ago and was VERY pleased with the result. Im pretty picky about my holsters and I could not ask for a better one for my Sig 239. The CQC appears like a great OWB. I will say if you have any reservations about ordering yours then call Alessi and Tom will gladly answer any questions for you. His patience with me earned my business as I will probably order another Talon Plus in the very near future
That's the most recent report I've heard... I hope they got their stuff together and are back on track. Quite a legacy was built by Lou Alessi, it would be sad to see that tarnished...

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:06   #6
up1911fan

Great holster!
up1911fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 13:45   #7
Seraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens-66 View Post
I have one, for a full size 1911, which I purchased about 8 years ago. It's a gorgeous holster, and carries very well.
Old 06-14-2011, 18:59   #8
RedHaze
Handgunner

I have one that I picked up in a trade here on GT a year or so ago. It works great, I use it exclusively for all my OWB carry. Mostly for open carry in an adjoining state.
Old 06-15-2011, 00:46   #9
youngbuck
He's Tyrone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
That's the most recent report I've heard... I hope they got their stuff together and are back on track. Quite a legacy was built by Lou Alessi, it would be sad to see that tarnished...

IGF
I am a younger guy so I do not know the full history of what exactly Lou built but I am pleastantly satisfied
Old 06-15-2011, 09:28   #10
sirgarreth

I purchased an ALessi CQC/S. Very nice holster. Did not work for me. Customer Service on the other hand....not there at all. My order was incorrect. I called to get it fixed. They gave me a total run around. Did not want to refund the extra $$ i paid for the option which was not added. They said "the only thing we can do is give you credit for the next holster". I said there will not be a next holster and hung up. Will not deal with them ever again. Especially since there are many other great holster makers out there. This was for a G23.
S&W 1911ES, S&W 6906, S&W M&P 9
sirgarreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:39   #11
pens-66

Sirgarreth... That's too bad! And you are absolutely right when saying that there are plenty of other holster makers out there so if you can't get the service or what you want from one, then we can just move on to one that really wants the business. Luckily I obtained a near new,used one from another member here. I guess I wont have the "pleasure" of dealing with them.

Last edited by pens-66; 06-15-2011 at 09:41..
Old 06-16-2011, 05:20   #12
Aeroscoper

I have one for a g33 that I've worn for about 2 years now. By far the best owb holster I've tried. It holds tightly against the body and the convenience of the snaps can't be stressed enough.

Not sure about the quality since Lou passed but if it's a Lou made piece you'll love it.

I have pics of it I can send later if you'd like.
“I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire, … The man that controls Britain’s money supply controls the British Empire. And I control the money supply.” – Nathan Meyer Rothschild
Aeroscoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 16:12   #13
rta108

I bought one from Brownells. Very disappointing, sold it pretty quick. The leather quality was bad, IMO, very soft and pliable. Belt tension affected the draw resistance, and It collapsed significantly after draw. Deal breaker for me.

Mitch Rosen Premier, on the other hand, is excellent. stiffer, less expensive, much more positive retention. You can feel it hit bottom with a little "pop" when you holster. Go with the Rosen. Offset centerline molding means less tendency to collapse on the belt when empty.

Last edited by rta108; 06-16-2011 at 16:14..
rta108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:09   #14
pens-66

Quote:
Originally Posted by rta108 View Post
I bought one from Brownells. Very disappointing, sold it pretty quick. The leather quality was bad, IMO, very soft and pliable. Belt tension affected the draw resistance, and It collapsed significantly after draw. Deal breaker for me.

Mitch Rosen Premier, on the other hand, is excellent. stiffer, less expensive, much more positive retention. You can feel it hit bottom with a little "pop" when you holster. Go with the Rosen. Offset centerline molding means less tendency to collapse on the belt when empty.
Wow... that sucks! I'll just hope that this one is a older made model.
Old 06-17-2011, 19:02   #15
pens-66

Well I received my Alessi this afternoon. I don't have access to a old (for sure) Lou made CQC/S so I have no comparison. My first impression is that it seems to be very well made and the leather seems to be of high quality. I put it on and wore it for a few hours and it seems to ride at the perfect height that I was looking for.It holds the gun nice and tight to my body as good as anything else I have tried to date. It has great retention and is real tight,I'm sure time will wear it in. I guess the only beef that I could possibly have is that it does close up some when drawing the gun. You can still one hand holster the gun but it takes a slight wiggle to get it in. But for me that doesn't fall at the top of the list. So now I will get some use out of it! Thanks for all your help everyone
Old 06-17-2011, 23:25   #16
Aeroscoper

Congrats, after a few years of wearing mine pretty much every day I've yet to notice any softening of the leather. Besides a few character marks from bumping into things it looks as good as new.

Enjoy!
“I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire, … The man that controls Britain’s money supply controls the British Empire. And I control the money supply.” – Nathan Meyer Rothschild
Aeroscoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:17   #17
youngbuck
He's Tyrone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscoper View Post
Congrats, after a few years of wearing mine pretty much every day I've yet to notice any softening of the leather. Besides a few character marks from bumping into things it looks as good as new.

Enjoy!
Im curious to see a bigger pic of your avatar