SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:33   #1
eracer
Where's my EBT?

G17 s/n: CDxxx US

I have a G17 Gen 1 import with s/n: CDxxx US.

I bought it used around 1987, but never sent it in to Glock for the upgrade. Should I?

I know that Gen 1's are getting harder to find, and while I know that the pistol won't ever be really valuable as a collectible, it may be a little more valuable as time goes on.

Will doing the upgrade harm the future value of the gun? Or is it something that really should be done, regardless?
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 16:57   #2
Fadedsun

No, just keep the extra parts. Or heck, just trade it in for a newer g17 to someone who collects them.
Fadedsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 14:46   #3
Leathernecker
More Glocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracer View Post
I have a G17 Gen 1 import with s/n: CDxxx US.

I bought it used around 1987, but never sent it in to Glock for the upgrade. Should I?

I know that Gen 1's are getting harder to find, and while I know that the pistol won't ever be really valuable as a collectible, it may be a little more valuable as time goes on.

Will doing the upgrade harm the future value of the gun? Or is it something that really should be done, regardless?
I'm an armorer in Altamonte Springs, but I travel to Tampa at least once a month. It will probably take me less than half an hour to replace the parts that need to be updated. And you'll have your originals back in case you ever want to put it back to the way it was sold.

PM me if you're interested. Glock sends upgrade kits to armorers at no cost. They want you shooting the safest gun they can make.

Yours is slightly older than mine. My prefix is CH.
Glock Collector's Club
G17 Gen 1, G17 Gen 2, G17 Gen 3, G17 Gen 4 FDE, G19 Gen 2, G20 Gen 2, G21 Gen 2, G22 Gen 2, G22 Gen 3, G23 Gen 2 (x2), G24 Gen 2, G26 Gen 2.5 (no, really!), G27 Gen 3, G31 Gen 3, G37 Gen 3 and the One Ring to Rule Them All...the FN FiveseveN.

Last edited by Leathernecker; 06-22-2011 at 14:48..
Leathernecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 15:25   #4
patcrad
Great White Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leathernecker View Post
I'm an armorer in Altamonte Springs, but I travel to Tampa at least once a month. It will probably take me less than half an hour to replace the parts that need to be updated. And you'll have your originals back in case you ever want to put it back to the way it was sold.

PM me if you're interested. Glock sends upgrade kits to armorers at no cost. They want you shooting the safest gun they can make.

Yours is slightly older than mine. My prefix is CH.
Glock Collector's Club
L-necker, I'm guessing that the box in the photo is not original to the gun?
patcrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 16:10   #5
shadow_dog
Hilljack

eracer..you should accept Leatherneckers offer. Good deal, plus really nice of him for the offer. Gotta love Glock Talk.

If you can't get together my advice is to check out the GSSF schedule and go to the closest outdoor match. The armorer there can fix you up for free also. Plus take at least 4 mags, 100 rds of ammo, join GSSF, shoot the match and have a blast!