Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-18-2011, 23:23   #1
jnewguyin

Bladetech Nano review

I bought a bladetech nano for my G26 and 27 and I love it. Right out of the bag, my glock slipped in and snapped in and is secure in the holster. i like it because because the holster is pretty minimal to me. I put in my waist band in area between my front and back pocket. It is very comfortable with my wilderness tactical. Its not uncomfortable to sit down even in my car. The first time I tried it on, I went on a three hour drive and it was pretty comfortable. the loops that come with it are adjustable for 1.75 to 1.25 inches belt width. you can set it up so there is some cant but its either cant or no cant.

The only other iwb holster i have to compare is a Raven. And I like bladetech a lot more. The Raven is too wide and the surface area of the holster that is pressed against your body is a lot more. This becomes a issue because the contours of the holster doesn't match my hips. and When I sit down, the waistband has to be really high so I don't bend the holster out of alignment with my bent waist. Hard to explain but when i do that the holster wants to bend outward stretching my belt and the glock protrudes out. Since the bladetech is more minimal, that effect isn't as significant.

I think I'm going to buy another one sometime for when the one i have now breaks. at least extra belt loops.

I'm super happy I found a holster I'm comfortable with. I feel lucky it only took me two holsters to find one that works.
jnewguyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:03   #2
cowboy1964

I have the Nano for my M&P 45c. It's sweet. Ultra thin and easy on/off. My MTAC is a bit more comfortable but the Nano is my second favorite holster.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 18:03   #3
jnewguyin

MTAC would of been the next holster I would of tried if the Nano didn't work out for me.
jnewguyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 20:13   #4
isis07734
Nice guy

Any pics with it on? On the website it looks like it rides pretty high.
isis07734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:05   #5
dickmartin

I have two BladeTech Nanos (G30, summer; G21, winter) and love them.

Dick Martin
Fairborn, Ohio, USA
dickmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 17:00   #6
Tabfry

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis07734 View Post
Any pics with it on? On the website it looks like it rides pretty high.

They do seem to ride pretty high.

The nano is my first IWB holster. I have some materials on the way so I can make my own CBST-type holster.
Tabfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:10   #7
thr_wedge

I love my nano. Use it for my G17 which is my EDC and it is comfortable and concealable.
thr_wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 14:12   #8
RRTX11

The NANO came highly recommended on this forum. I went to GT distributors and tried one on. I don't think I gave it enough time. I chose the Galco Summer Comfort for my Glock 17, and a Gould and Goodrich for my Glock 19. Very satisfied with both after a short period of time. Will see how they last after a couple of years. Lucky to find two holsters right off the bat to avoid the locker full of holsters.
RRTX11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 16:10   #9
cowboy1964

I don't think it rides high, at least with my M&P 45c. There is about a 3/4" gap between the front of the top of the grip and the belt line. Just about perfect for my preference. Adjustability is basically nill though.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote