SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-21-2011, 17:16   #41
windplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
... Are you suggesting that if we are bombed and there is no formal declaration of war, we aren't at war?

-Dana
According to our current president without boots on the ground there is no war. So bombing a country does not constitute war. to put it politely it is a reach. war is war, imho.

Last edited by windplex; 06-21-2011 at 17:16..
windplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 17:25   #42
windplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post

I see no rational for sending the military to attack Mexicans. We don't need any more unnecessary wars. We especially don't need a war with an friendly nation on our boarder. Would we rather the Mexican government fight the drug cartels or the U.S. military?
without a sovereign border there is no nation. once again there is a war of sort being waged against the USA and we turn a blind eye. just because we do not officially recognize it does not make it go away. a lesson we should have learned from islamists.

the mexican people and its government support the invasion by millions of mexicans of the USA.

you may not like the definition but there is definitely a problem that starts with millions of people from a neighboring nation that illegally come into our nation and their government that will not support us in our efforts to stop it so this government condones this invasion. and for good reason it is worth billions in hard currency to them and with each mexican that leaves it reduces the Mexican governments financial liability. Some claim mexico is a good ally -- franbklyh their behavior does not support this.

this problem requires a solution. violence is involved. Americans are being harmed. our sovereign is no longer intact. it is an invasion supported by the mexican government.

if not a military action how about deputize all Americans living on the border to shot on sight without any risk of prosecution?
Old 06-21-2011, 17:29   #43
windplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4LP View Post
There's probably some strategic advantage to us maintaining troops in N. Korea though. I don't know how many we need there, but would hope we'd pare it down to as few as necessary.
trip wire
Old 06-21-2011, 17:44   #44
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Not very often. I have only made 8 international flights this year. In fact, I travel so infrequently that I have paid for Global Entry.

Every time I have left the USA, my passport has been looked at by the AIRLINES. I have NEVER had a CBP agent check my passport when leaving the USA. If you can show me a departure stamp from the USA in your passport, I would be impressed. I have departure stamps from many countries, but absolutely zero from the USA.

-Dana

Yes. And when the AIRLINES find a discrepancy with your passport or visa, what exactly do you think happens next? When you're flying on an AIRLINE and they see suspicious behavior, do they call headquarters, or do the call law enforcement?

A departure stamp is not the end all for passport control.

In years past many folks who overstayed their visas would simply waltz out of the country. After 9/11 the law and directives were changed, mandating that AIRLINES check that folks have not overstayed their visas, that their passports have not expired, and since 2008 AIRLINES (and ships) are required to ensure that all boarding passengers have certain documents to allow them re-entry into the United States. So while Bermuda, Bahamas or the Cayman Islands might be cool with you getting in with only a driver license (example only), you would not be allowed to LEAVE the United States with only those documents.

But you knew this right, international traveler and all...

'Drew
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 17:50   #45
windplex

somewhat related, kinda

when we sell a car we are required to check the watch list to make sure we are not selling to a terrorist
Old 06-21-2011, 18:01   #46
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windplex View Post
somewhat related, kinda

when we sell a car we are required to check the watch list to make sure we are not selling to a terrorist

Yeah. Try buying a house. Or buying a one - way ticket at any airline counter for travel on that same day. Or renting a big truck one way with cash.

The truth is, lots of other countries put more efforts in SECURING their borders, and lots of other countries have more restrictions and regulations as to who can, and how they can visit, and migrate. Mexico would be one of those clear examples.

It's OUR border. If anyone thinks "al quaeda" is not seeking ingress thru that porous border, screw me, the joke is on me. When I last checked, al quaeda is more of a national security risk than North Korea is.

'Drew

'Drew
Old 06-21-2011, 18:05   #47
dogchild

Quote:
So do you now support governments restricting the rights of people to leave the country? Would you support this if the US government restricted people from leaving? As a point of reference, when you leave the USA, no-one from the government checks. You go through no passport check to leave other than the airline ticket agent. Do you support having to get CBP approval to leave the USA?

-Dana
When is the last time you left the country?

You show your passport to ticket agent, again when you pass through security again when you board the plane.
You show your passport when you enter your destination country, and again when you return home to your country of origin.

Once your in a secure area of the airport you are under goverment
control,

The reason to keep troops on the border is because the people coming over are not on a plane and they dont have a passport, there illegal !!

The Federal goverment requires the states to pay for there medical, there education, and there welfare, but the goverment doesn't reimburse the states for any of these cost !

Do you want to help pay for them ? or you just want us to send them to your state and you can pay for these services.
Old 06-21-2011, 19:09   #48
AnimalK
Kilted Muppet

Because North Korea, unlike MEH-hee-koh, doesn't want its citizens to leave it...
"No one wants the finger of an 300 lb Samoan in their a**, for medical reasons or not."--KilgoreTrout
AnimalK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 19:22   #49
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Drew View Post
Yes. And when the AIRLINES find a discrepancy with your passport or visa, what exactly do you think happens next? When you're flying on an AIRLINE and they see suspicious behavior, do they call headquarters, or do the call law enforcement?
Neither. They let me board the plane.

And yes almost every time I have a discrepancy. My discrepancy is that I am a US citizen that buys tickets from Europe and back. The issue is the other countries and not the USA. The airlines look to ensure that to European countries there is a return ticket within 90 days as the visa waiver program only allows 90 day stay. So when there is no return ticket to USA that is one of the discrepancies. Police have NEVER been called. I have never been denied boarding. What happens? The airline ticket agent overides the computer and says everything is OK.

The only hassle I ever seem to get is sometimes the security people (and this is not in the USA) do not like me on the passenger manifest without playing 50 questions when I purchase a ticket 12 to 24 hours before a flight.

The airline manifests are done for every flight. Not just international. Its the secure flight program. You have to submit data 48 hours before flight.

-Dana
Old 06-21-2011, 19:22   #50
VADuckHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
We're not at war with N. Korea.
Someone prolly has beat me to this, but yes we are. It is the longest standing cease fire in world history.

Within all out lifetimes the US will have to invade Mexico with spec ops to assassinate these cartel dirtbags. In no time at all they will kill someone important and the American liberals (the ones who have been sheltering illegals here for 40 years) will start to care. How many of our people (citizens) are killed by illegal trash from Mexico every year? Never seen that statistic, but i bet it is quite high. If the US was not being destroyed by political correctness we would just start shooting them as they come. Maybe then they will choose to develop their third world cesspool instead of coming here.

I know a lot of you feel different about this, but i am tired of seeing their dumps for houses with 30 ppl living in a townhouse. I am tired of hearing about the $$ needed to teach them and their kids engligh, and i am tired of hearing about all the crime they bring. Tired of hearing about "how we are an immigration of immigrants, and they belong here". Mexico is whats left of the giant dump Spain took on South America, and a product of stupid people running their country for so long. Mexico and South America in general really have no excuse for not developing their own countries, as they are rich in natural resources and clearly rich in cheap labor. I could go a lot deeper into the academic reasons for my opinions if anyone likes, but i think this pretty much sums it up.
VADuckHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 19:41   #51
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogchild View Post
When is the last time you left the country?

You show your passport to ticket agent, again when you pass through security again when you board the plane.
You show your passport when you enter your destination country, and again when you return home to your country of origin.

Once your in a secure area of the airport you are under goverment
control,

The reason to keep troops on the border is because the people coming over are not on a plane and they dont have a passport, there illegal !!

The Federal goverment requires the states to pay for there medical, there education, and there welfare, but the goverment doesn't reimburse the states for any of these cost !

Do you want to help pay for them ? or you just want us to send them to your state and you can pay for these services.
When is the last time. June 7.

Since there seems to be some issues with my "story" here is an example trip

Oh yes, you can see that somehow I was coming into the country on May 28th. I arrived in Europe on the 8th of June and left Europe on the 16th of June.

Here was my passport checks. At the beginning of the UA flight, UA looked at passport. Landed in CH and CH passport control checked passport and stamped it.

Left CH for London. CH passport control checked passport control and stamped. Passport was not checked getting onto plane or through security. Only passport control checked passport. Landed in London Heathrow. No passport check. Went through security in fast pass lane. The person checked ticket to allow access to fast pass. No passport was ever shown in London. Got on plane in London. Airline looked at passport and ticket at boarding. Landed in USA. Passport was checked by US and stamped.

-Dana

Last edited by DanaT; 06-21-2011 at 21:20..
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 19:43   #52
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
So do you now support governments restricting the rights of people to leave the country? Would you support this if the US government restricted people from leaving? As a point of reference, when you leave the USA, no-one from the government checks. You go through no passport check to leave other than the airline ticket agent. Do you support having to get CBP approval to leave the USA?

-Dana
Quote:
Neither. They let me board the plane.

And yes almost every time I have a discrepancy. My discrepancy is that I am a US citizen that buys tickets from Europe and back. The issue is the other countries and not the USA. The airlines look to ensure that to European countries there is a return ticket within 90 days as the visa waiver program only allows 90 day stay. So when there is no return ticket to USA that is one of the discrepancies. Police have NEVER been called. I have never been denied boarding. What happens? The airline ticket agent overides the computer and says everything is OK.

The only hassle I ever seem to get is sometimes the security people (and this is not in the USA) do not like me on the passenger manifest without playing 50 questions when I purchase a ticket 12 to 24 hours before a flight.

The airline manifests are done for every flight. Not just international. Its the secure flight program. You have to submit data 48 hours before flight.

-Dana

So we avoid any confusion, I was never talking about passport checks on foreign soil. We were talking about checking travel documents leaving the USA. From what you have posted it appears you are talking about flights originating in Europe, with round trip tickets.
'Drew
Old 06-21-2011, 19:49   #53
VADuckHunter

Don't put that kind of stuff on the internet... Photos of your passport with those numbers on it can only be a bad thing...
VADuckHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 19:53   #54
crimsonaudio
15 or 30?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADuckHunter View Post
Someone prolly has beat me to this, but yes we are. It is the longest standing cease fire in world history.
It's been explained above, and it's a technicality, but no, we never declared war on North Korea.
Old 06-21-2011, 19:59   #55
skeeter1959

Being that our govt is just as crooked as the mexican govt, nothing will be done to secure our border with mexico. The demonrats want the mexicans as future demos and the repubs want cheapo labor.

Anybody with a brain can see that mexico is a parasite to the USA. Special interest groups, two corupt govts, and lack of courage will be our downfall.
skeeter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 20:04   #56
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Don't put that kind of stuff on the internet... Photos of your passport with those numbers on it can only be a bad thing...
There are no numbers that you can use to identify...but point taken.

-Dana
Old 06-21-2011, 20:10   #57
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Drew View Post
So we avoid any confusion, I was never talking about passport checks on foreign soil. We were talking about checking travel documents leaving the USA. From what you have posted it appears you are talking about flights originating in Europe, with round trip tickets.
'Drew
I am talking about my passport being checked by govt when I leave the USA. As I said, and you can see from the entry stamps, the govt only checks when I enter.

I am a US citizen that resides in the USA. Yes, I buy my tickets originating from Europe to the USA and then back to Europe. However, when I am in the airports leaving from the USA the only person that ever sees my passport is the airline ticket attendant. I always have a discrepancy because I have no return ticket and the 90 days on the visa waiver. I have never had the airlines in the USA call any LEO, CBP, TSA, JBT etc due to a discrepancy (and buying tickets originating in Europe there is always a discrepancy). I only buy one set of tickets per year that originate in the USA (and that is an issue because it is over the 90 day visa waiver stay limit).

-Dana
Old 06-21-2011, 20:12   #58
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

Quote:
No, congress never declared war on N. Korea. The UN intervened and we supplied the lion's share of the troops. The ceasefire is the UN's. I explained the importance of this above.

Quote:
Within all out lifetimes the US will have to invade Mexico with spec ops to assassinate these cartel dirtbags. In no time at all they will kill someone important and the American liberals (the ones who have been sheltering illegals here for 40 years) will start to care. How many of our people (citizens) are killed by illegal trash from Mexico every year? Never seen that statistic, but i bet it is quite high. If the US was not being destroyed by political correctness we would just start shooting them as they come. Maybe then they will choose to develop their third world cesspool instead of coming here.

I know a lot of you feel different about this, but i am tired of seeing their dumps for houses with 30 ppl living in a townhouse. I am tired of hearing about the $$ needed to teach them and their kids engligh, and i am tired of hearing about all the crime they bring. Tired of hearing about "how we are an immigration of immigrants, and they belong here". Mexico is whats left of the giant dump Spain took on South America, and a product of stupid people running their country for so long. Mexico and South America in general really have no excuse for not developing their own countries, as they are rich in natural resources and clearly rich in cheap labor. I could go a lot deeper into the academic reasons for my opinions if anyone likes, but i think this pretty much sums it up.
Can't argue with you there.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 20:27   #59
Z71bill

Obama claims the action in Libya is not even at the level of HOSTILITIES -

Hard to say N Korea is a war - if you compare the two.

I guess it depends on your perspective -

If you have a Nobel Peace Prize you can drop a few bombs and consider it to be no big deal
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 20:45   #60
MadMonkey
Spershul Furces

Send a message via AIM to MadMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to MadMonkey
Gotta let in the liberal voters.
MadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote