Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-22-2011, 14:34   #1
cmmoore628

Gun Belt question

I just picked up an IWB holster from Sidearmor. I purchased it with the 1.5" belt hook attachment. Now my question is...How important is it to purchase an 1.5 " belt versus a 1.75"? Will it make that much difference? The reason I ask b/c a local gun store only has the 1.75" belts in stock for a decent deal. Thanks.
cmmoore628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 14:37   #2
Captains1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmmoore628 View Post
I just picked up an IWB holster from Sidearmor. I purchased it with the 1.5" belt hook attachment. Now my question is...How important is it to purchase an 1.5 " belt versus a 1.75"? Will it make that much difference? The reason I ask b/c a local gun store only has the 1.75" belts in stock for a decent deal. Thanks.
Whether they are clips or loops, you don't want them to be loose fitting, it may result in the holster moving around some and/or shifting. I would buy a 1.5" belt.
Captains1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 15:05   #3
cmmoore628

With it being a wider belt, it wouldn't be loose fitting, would it? thanks for the response Captains
Old 06-22-2011, 15:35   #4
dosei

As a general rule, smaller belt attachments will not work well with bigger belts.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)

Last edited by dosei; 06-22-2011 at 15:38..
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 15:45   #5
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosei View Post
As a general rule, smaller belt attachments will not work well with bigger belts.
You took 3rd grade Geometry to? . That's where I learned that whole "big peg doesn't fit in little hole" issue..

Seriously... OP, did you get the "J Hooks" or the "Belt Loops"?

The loops.. it's just not gonna work, they are enclosed and will not accommodate a larger belt.

The J-Hooks, hook on the "bottom" of the belt, however, it will cause the holster to sit improperly if you try putting 1.5in loops, on a 1.75in belt. If you want a 1.75in belt, order 1.75in loops/hooks. Otherwise, order a 1.5in belt.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 15:57   #6
cmmoore628

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
You took 3rd grade Geometry to? . That's where I learned that whole "big peg doesn't fit in little hole" issue..

Seriously... OP, did you get the "J Hooks" or the "Belt Loops"?

The loops.. it's just not gonna work, they are enclosed and will not accommodate a larger belt.

The J-Hooks, hook on the "bottom" of the belt, however, it will cause the holster to sit improperly if you try putting 1.5in loops, on a 1.75in belt. If you want a 1.75in belt, order 1.75in loops/hooks. Otherwise, order a 1.5in belt.
Yeah, I got the J Hooks.
Old 06-22-2011, 16:09   #7
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Yeah, I got the J Hooks.
OK, I can only speak of my experience w/ 1.25in loops on a 1.5in belt, and it didn't set right. It was like the top of my pants, kept me from pushing my holster down that extra .25in, to hook it onto the bigger belt. I could make it work with some pants (not jeans), but if it was seen, it was obvious I had a gun. You're either gonna wanna order a 1.5in belt, or order 1.75in loops, then get the 1.75in belt you want.

Hope that helps, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Did you just not pay attention while ordering, didn't think it would make a difference or what?

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 16:18   #8
cmmoore628

No, I didn't purchase the belt. I do have the 1.5" holster though and I knew what I was getting. I was just wondering if it would make that big of a difference if i did purchase that 1.75" belt. If it'll work just as well, then I was considering jumping on that deal as that is the only belt size they have currently. If it is best to get the 1.5", then I'll get that. thanks for the help
Old 06-23-2011, 05:13   #9
swinokur

Many slacks and pants cannot accommodate a belt wider than 1.5 inches.
swinokur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:24   #10
dancingwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
Many slacks and pants cannot accommodate a belt wider than 1.5 inches.
This is true & the reason I use a 1.5" belt every day. On the rare occasions where I need a smaller belt (as in some suit pants), I use a 1.25 version of the same belts (Wilderness 5-Stitch Instructor Belt/Galco Leather Belt). They seem to work good, but I would rather use the widest belts i could.
dancingwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:42   #11
Captains1911

Quote:
With it being a wider belt, it wouldn't be loose fitting, would it? thanks for the response Captains
Oh yeah, I misread that, yeah, the smaller belt attachments probably won't work then. Either way, get a 1.5" belt.
Captains1911 is offline   Reply With Quote