Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-26-2011, 22:09   #1
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

Keep your gun where it is useful. Tragic ending.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...rovements.html

I know this occured last year, but I wanted everyone to read this article.

Very sad.

Read the italicized portions. The timeline was given by both prison escapees.

Keep your gun within reach and have a plan.
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 22:52   #2
Mister_Beefy
Legal & Proper

if an armed gunman had my wife at gunpoint and started giving me orders, and I had a firearm under the seat, the last thing on earth I would do is cooperate.

better to fight and die than give up and die.
Mister_Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:05   #3
Kriterian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Beefy View Post
if an armed gunman had my wife at gunpoint and started giving me orders, and I had a firearm under the seat, the last thing on earth I would do is cooperate.

better to fight and die than give up and die.
I'm not sure what he was reaching for under the seat but the article stated his .38 and 9mm were in the camper they were pulling.

Also, he had a gun on him at the same time while the other guy had a gun on his wife. There isn't much you can do in that situation, you'd probably die either way.
Kriterian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:21   #4
A6Gator

How's that Condition White thing working out...?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:54   #5
REA9mm
get ready

Send a message via AIM to REA9mm Send a message via Skype™ to REA9mm
He made two critical mistakes.

1. He did not have a gun on his person.

2. He let his wife out of his sight while at a rest stop.

For the second one, the only excuse is when using the restroom, but if she was walking the dogs, he should've been with her, or at the very least, had eyes on her the whole time.

Last edited by REA9mm; 06-27-2011 at 07:54..
REA9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:19   #6
RRTX11

Having been in several hairy situations as a civillian and an infantryman, it is absolutely impossible to predict when or where something will happen. Your only chance of actually being prepared when it does go down is to have your weapon on you and to think tactically.....even when in a baskin robins, grocery store, car wash, church, resturaunt.
RRTX11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:34   #7
gommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriterian View Post
I'm not sure what he was reaching for under the seat but the article stated his .38 and 9mm were in the camper they were pulling.

Also, he had a gun on him at the same time while the other guy had a gun on his wife. There isn't much you can do in that situation, you'd probably die either way.
I've been lucky enough to survive a situation like that - where I just happened to 'one time' not have my gun right on me.

I got lucky, so did those who were with me - but it was pure luck. After the fact, we learned one of the would-be robbers holding us at gunpoint was on parole for second degree MURDER. He killed a man with a cinderblock - smashed his head in.

A fingers squeeze away from having your life and the lives of your loved ones removed is frightening - but the real impact of it comes after, assuming you lived through it -- I guess.

Yes, gun in my face and my gun in my trunk - I would brazenly ignore warnings I would be shot and calmly walk to my trunk - remove the firearm - and engage the first contact between myself and my wife.

The thing I learned a LONG time ago about bullies - they don't know what to do or how to act when you fight back or don't do what they tell you to do.

My best friends dad probably gave me the best life lesson there - even if you know the guy is going to kick your butt - next time he'll pick someone easier to fight.

Maybe someday you'll read about me doing just that and getting shot - but at least I'll go not being compliant. I made the mistake once of being compliant - I got lucky, I won't make that mistake again. Reading stuff like this just re-affirms my beliefs.

God be with their family. Things like this make me loathe lethal injection - dirtbags like this mccluskey guy don't deserve quick and painless. This is the type of case where I very much believe vigilante justice is due. Perhaps we'd see less of these if these guys were strung up and 'let out'.
gommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:26   #8
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gommer View Post
The thing I learned a LONG time ago about bullies - they don't know what to do or how to act when you fight back or don't do what they tell you to do.

My best friends dad probably gave me the best life lesson there - even if you know the guy is going to kick your butt - next time he'll pick someone easier to fight.
Two superb statements!
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:02   #9
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregKJR View Post
Having been in several hairy situations as a civillian and an infantryman, it is absolutely impossible to predict when or where something will happen. Your only chance of actually being prepared when it does go down is to have your weapon on you and to think tactically.....even when in a baskin robins, grocery store, car wash, church, resturaunt.
This, this, this.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:43   #10
federali

As much as I try to remain in condition yellow at all times, human nature is such that we occasionally let our guard down. I've always had problems with amateurs who believe that having a handgun means they're protected. I've lectured, even ranted against placing guns in detachable containers (detachable from your person), ankle holsters, under the seat etc. Odds are, if you're going to need a handgun, you'll need it quickly. If you can't present it in two seconds or less, you're effectively disarmed.

While in condition yellow, get into the habit of observing and scanning retail stores such as a 7-11 before entering. No point in walking into a robbery in progress.

Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true: Abraham Lincoln
federali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:02   #11
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Weired, they killed two people but dumped out food for the dogs...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:14   #12
DOrth

+1

Quote:
I agree completely, while having a firearm easily accessible on your person is important, it is the ability to adapt to situations as they are occurring. There have been LEOs and civilians alike who've been able to not only survive but win confrontations similar to this, unfortunately many don't.

I highly recommend "The Winning Mind" put out by Calibre Press.
DOrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:23   #13
A6Gator

Quote:
Rules for a Gunfight
1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
Mindset.
Old 07-04-2011, 13:18   #14
G-30Jet

Send a message via AIM to G-30Jet
Horrible. Let us learn from it. Stay awake.
As an American Adult Male, you are responsible for your self and your familiy's well being. "The Here After" has now been replaced with; "The Indescriminate Now". Unless you have experienced "The Here After", please endeavor to persevere at your current capability. It may be too late to begin your prep now.
G-30Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 13:28   #15
Willieboy

Quote:
I agree with Greg. One can never tell when or from where the evil will come.