SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:50   #1
mtn_dew0verdose

Concealed carry at school (Texas)

Hello,

Now that I'm 21, concealed carry is something that I've had on my mind recently. For the most part, I don't have a problem with the laws/regulations that mandate what I can/can't do, however I do have a problem with the laws and/regulations on where I can/can't go.

At this point in my life, the extent of my weekly schedule usually consists of school, working (usually overnight at a hospital), studying at home, and going out with the gf once or twice a week (long distance relationship). Frankly, out of every place I go to throughout the week, I feel that I am most vulnerable at school.

I just find it odd/slightly funny that the #1 place I spend the most of my time at (and feel most vulnerable at) is the place that I don't have the right to protect myself through the privilege of carrying a concealed gun.

I'm looking for other opinions on this subject, it's just a little upsetting that (imo) people can't grasp the concept that a "Gun-Free Zone'" doesn't protect anyone from someone with bad intentions and why the laws aren't tweaked to help protect the people from the threats of today.
mtn_dew0verdose is offline   Reply With Quote