SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-01-2011, 14:13   #1
CA_DUDE
Dude here.

MC Operator supply and ?'s

About a year ago I was looking for an MC Operator and couldn't find one anywhere. Now there seems to be quite a few on GB, and probably other sources. Are they made in batches is that why the supply ebbs and flows? I'm hoping to get one in the next few months, and REALLY hoping there are some around then.

As far as construction, what is different about it then say a Loaded? Obviously the rail, but what is different in the construction and materials? If someone could answer or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
CA_DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 14:24   #2
jrs93accord

SPRINGFIELD LOADED FULL SIZE MC OPERATOR 1911 PISTOL

The Springfield Armory Loaded Full Size MC Operator 1911 pistol is designed from the ground up to be a serious combat pistol. The black slide and OD green frame have Springfield's Armory Kote finish for maximum durability. The Pachmyr wrap around rubber grips are checkered on both sides and on the front, giving you a slip-free hold no matter what the weather.

The pistol has a universal style accessory rail for mounting lights, lasers or other devices. (Please note that a Picatinny or 1913 rail is not the same as a universal rail, and will not accept devices made for universal rails. See photos).

The sights on the MC Operator are low-profile combat sights, with three tritium dots for fast target pickup in bright daylight or on a dark street. The edges of the sights are smoothed for snag-free draws.

The barrel is match grade stainless, supported at the front with a match grade stainless barrel bushing. The pistol has a G.I. style guide rod.

The trigger on the MC Operator is match grade, too, with a pull weight of 4.5 to 5 pounds, which is just right for combat or target shooting.

An ambidextrous safety makes the gun easier to operate for lefties, or for those who need to shoot with either hand.

When looking for one of these, you are still going to pay a sizeable sum if the pistol is still in good condition. If you find one that is new or like new, you may be looking at $1200-$1400. It is a nice pistol to have.

A bad day shooting beats a great day working!

Last edited by jrs93accord; 07-01-2011 at 14:29..
jrs93accord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 14:27   #3
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

They are fitted like the TRP and the Range Officer, they will have slightly better groups than a Loaded. The small parts are still MIM and cast.
Old 07-01-2011, 14:29   #4
CA_DUDE
Dude here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatbwana View Post
They are fitted like the TRP and the Range Officer, they will have slightly better groups than a Loaded. The small parts are still MIM and cast.
Ok, that's what I was wondering about the small parts. No biggy though.
Old 07-01-2011, 14:36   #5
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

I have a long term tester in my office at 1200 rounds I was getting spotty extraction, I re-tensioned it and we are going strong..it was the best value we found in a rail gun...
Old 07-01-2011, 14:40   #6
CA_DUDE
Dude here.

Quote:
I have a long term tester in my office at 1200 rounds I was getting spotty extraction, I re-tensioned it and we are going strong..it was the best value we found in a rail gun...
I just want something solid and reliable in that price range. That's about the highest I can go right now. Keepin my eyes open for other good pistols in that range too.
Old 07-01-2011, 14:49   #7
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs93accord View Post
SPRINGFIELD LOADED FULL SIZE MC OPERATOR 1911 PISTOL

The Springfield Armory Loaded Full Size MC Operator 1911 pistol is designed from the ground up to be a serious combat pistol. The black slide and OD green frame have Springfield's Armory Kote finish for maximum durability. The Pachmyr wrap around rubber grips are checkered on both sides and on the front, giving you a slip-free hold no matter what the weather.

The pistol has a universal style accessory rail for mounting lights, lasers or other devices. (Please note that a Picatinny or 1913 rail is not the same as a universal rail, and will not accept devices made for universal rails. See photos).

The sights on the MC Operator are low-profile combat sights, with three tritium dots for fast target pickup in bright daylight or on a dark street. The edges of the sights are smoothed for snag-free draws.

The barrel is match grade stainless, supported at the front with a match grade stainless barrel bushing. The pistol has a G.I. style guide rod.

The trigger on the MC Operator is match grade, too, with a pull weight of 4.5 to 5 pounds, which is just right for combat or target shooting.

An ambidextrous safety makes the gun easier to operate for lefties, or for those who need to shoot with either hand.

When looking for one of these, you are still going to pay a sizeable sum if the pistol is still in good condition. If you find one that is new or like new, you may be looking at $1200-$1400. It is a nice pistol to have.

1911 Forums

Mine has been great.

Old 07-01-2011, 14:53   #8
CA_DUDE
Dude here.

Could you guys clarify about the rail? Is it different than what is on a Glock? How does the armory kote hold?

Last edited by CA_DUDE; 07-01-2011 at 14:53..
Old 07-01-2011, 15:19   #9
Fedor

With my LE discount, I got my Loaded MC Operator for $1,040.00
It is a beautiful beast.
Fedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 15:24   #10
limbkiller

Great looking pistol but what horrible looking grips. Are those what come on it?
limbkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 15:28   #11
CA_DUDE
Dude here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
Great looking pistol but what horrible looking grips. Are those what come on it?
I actually like those grips. I have a set on my Custom II.
Old 07-01-2011, 15:34   #12
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

The grips are great for a working gun. The rail is Picatinny spec so buy the correct light or if you have one , the cross piece on the bottom is changed for a picatinny spec..

they are reliable and a great self defense choice , armory coat scratches with use it is a baked on finish but has corrosion resistance and good lubrication.
Old 07-01-2011, 15:56   #13
jrs93accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post

1911 Forums

Mine has been great.

As has mine.

1911 Forums

Old 07-01-2011, 16:00   #14
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs93accord View Post
As has mine.

1911 Forums
Did you add a magwell to your Operator?

Old 07-01-2011, 16:00   #15
knedrgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor View Post
With my LE discount, I got my Loaded MC Operator for $1,040.00
It is a beautiful beast.
A slight discount if that was OTD. If before tax or shipping/transfer, then that's pretty much street price.
COTEFT #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 16:01   #16
knedrgr

Quote:
+1 on this. I really like the ones that I've handled. Was tossing that idea around before I had built my own rail 1911.
COTEFT #2

knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 16:20   #17
Quack
Rent this space

If you are looking for one,I think Fin Feather Fur in Ashland, Ohio has one still for $1049 and a LW Operator for $989. I was just there on Monday.

Vance's in Columbus Ohio might have one, but the price is slightly more.

Last edited by Quack; 07-01-2011 at 16:23..
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 16:32   #18
CA_DUDE
Dude here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
If you are looking for one,I think Fin Feather Fur in Ashland, Ohio has one still for $1049 and a LW Operator for $989. I was just there on Monday.

Vance's in Columbus Ohio might have one, but the price is slightly more.
I would be all over this if I had the cash at this point. I'll be looking for one beginning of September, that's why I'm hoping there will still be some out there then. Not so worried about the price (as long as it's not unreasonable), just being able to find one.
Old 07-01-2011, 16:40   #19
jrs93accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
Did you add a magwell to your Operator?

That was added by the original owner. I am the second owner.

Old 07-01-2011, 16:49   #20
Fedor

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
I really like the grips, I plan on putting them on my SW1911PD.
Fedor is offline   Reply With Quote