Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-23-2015, 20:06   #1
JRyan

Gun Belt Issue

Over 15 years ago - probably around 1998 or 1999 - I purchased an AKJ Concealco belt. 1" wide and reinforced with plastic (polymer?). Great carry belt. I carry a G26 and sometimes a mid size 1911. The belt looks great and with a 1" width I can wear it with dress slacks.

The belt is still good, but now that I've gained weight I need another and I just found out that AKJ Concealco went out of business in the last year or so.

I'm looking for another similar reinforced belt in a 1" width. 1.25" is a bit too wide for some of my slacks. Any suggestions?
Rimfire #49, Niner #50
JRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 22:37   #2
KWalrad

Suggestions? How about taking a few laps around the block on a daily basis and keeping the current belt?
(I feel your pain, I'm right there with you in the weight gain... Those days of a 28" waist are long gone.)
Old 01-24-2015, 00:21   #3
pAZ Ron

Comp-tac makes a nice gun belt reinforced with Kydex. But they are 1.5" or 1.5" tapered to 1.25". I know Cross Breed and others have them as well but not sure which others are reinforced.
pAZ Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 06:26   #4
JRyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWalrad View Post
Suggestions? How about taking a few laps around the block on a daily basis and keeping the current belt?
(I feel your pain, I'm right there with you in the weight gain... Those days of a 28" waist are long gone.)
Yeah, since is raining and in the 40's, I'm headed to the gym to spend about 1.5-2 hours on the bike that goes nowhere! Still a work in progress.
Rimfire #49, Niner #50
Old 01-24-2015, 06:37   #5
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

Bianchi, Galco, and beltman make good ones. Although I must say, I didn't know any men's pants came with 1" belt loops. My slacks and suits all accommodate 1.5" belts.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:34   #6
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
Bianchi, Galco, and beltman make good ones. Although I must say, I didn't know any men's pants came with 1" belt loops. My slacks and suits all accommodate 1.5" belts.
Me either.

He'd probably be fine with 1.25 on most dress slacks.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:48   #7
Redstate

I've got a 1.25 that I use for my suits. It is a Gunner's Alley and I have had it and used it daily for around 10 years. Great belt, and still going strong. I believe that Mitch Rosen also has a 1.25 available. I recently got one of his Express Line 1.5 and find it to be an excellent quality belt. However, these are leather with no stiffener other than the leather itself, and they are plenty stiff. However, they may be available with an additional stiffener, if you think it is necessary. Just call them.

Last edited by Redstate; 01-24-2015 at 08:49..
Redstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:11   #8
JRyan

Belt

I could probably get a 1.25 on one or two slacks, but it would be tight. The slacks I had made when I was overseas, no.

Someone recommended Aker's B-22 (1.25) which is similar in design to the Concealco belts, so I ordered one today. I did find one maker of 1" belts. BUT, the reinforcement is Kydex and not polymer. Ridgid Holsters. I'm wondering if the Kydex would make them too stiff and too thick. They are also $160.
Rimfire #49, Niner #50