SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:31   #301
SouthpawG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21GlockStreet View Post
I installed a 3.5 connector on my G26. I put 300 rounds through it at the range and on three occasions I had uncommanded discharges, or double taps as I've seen them called. Not to comfortable with that so I reinstalled the original connecor.
An unmodified OEM 3.5 connector, on a totally stock triggerbar and striker?
Old 11-08-2012, 16:51   #302
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21GlockStreet View Post
I installed a 3.5 connector on my G26. I put 300 rounds through it at the range and on three occasions I had uncommanded discharges, or double taps as I've seen them called. Not to comfortable with that so I reinstalled the original connecor.
Was it the connector that caused the double-tap, or your trigger finger? I have been shooting my G17 for years with the 3.5 connector installed, and I never had a double-tap, or any other kind of AD.

Last edited by SCmasterblaster; 11-08-2012 at 16:52..
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 17:11   #303
21GlockStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Was it the connector that caused the double-tap, or your trigger finger? I have been shooting my G17 for years with the 3.5 connector installed, and I never had a double-tap, or any other kind of AD.
I'm pretty sure it was me. That was my first thought. I suppose I should give my self time to get used to the lighter reset.
21GlockStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 17:12   #304
21GlockStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawG26 View Post
An unmodified OEM 3.5 connector, on a totally stock triggerbar and striker?
Un modified Ghost connector on stock everything.
21GlockStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 19:21   #305
barth
six barrels

Smooth Trigger, Ghost 3.5 + NY1

I like the Glock OEM '-' connector and NY1 very much.
And would be happy with that set up.

Already had a Ghost 3.5 drop in (sans short reset) so I tried it.
And found that just a little bit more crisp, clean and smooth on the break.

So gen 3 G27;
with a G17 smooth trigger,
3.5 Ghost drop in connector and NY1 for me.

With connectors and springs so cheap.
And youtube videos on how to swap.
It's a three minute procedure with a punch and a butter knife.

I went through about 5 combinations of trigger, connector and springs.
With 200 rounds of live fire testing each.
Before I settled in on what I favor.

It's a fun procedure worth going through - IMHO.

Full Disclosure:
With the OEM '-' and Ghost 3.5 Drop In being so close.
And really liking the idea of having all OEM parts in a carry gun.
I've switched to the OEM '-' connector and NY1 spring module.

Last edited by barth; 04-15-2014 at 15:41..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 00:31   #306
SuckMyGlockk

Quote:
Originally Posted by datnvan View Post
Moderator Note: I merged 5 different threads on the "3.5 lb/lighter trigger pulls" topic into this single source for those discussions and re-stickied the thread.

Please, keep your comments civil and on topic.

Thanks...

serious question for CHL holders:

i've had my chl for almost 4 years now. carried several different guns on different occasions but pretty much carried 100% of the time. all of my handguns have always been unmodified internally. neither the fire control group nor the triggers were ever messed with. and the reason i didnt mod them was to avoid any extra legal ramifications on top of trying to convince a grand jury my shooting a bad guy was justified.

does my concern have any validity? i'm in TX by the way.
on a glock its a waste of money, they have a great trigger. 5.5 lb pull and when you fire, to reset the trigger you only have to let it out till it clicks, you dont have to set it all the way back. just till you feel it click. even though its 5.5 lb, it will feel lighter since its such a shorter pull. i would not mess with the glock trigger. for LE they put a heavier trigger as to make sure when pulling the trigger it is not adrenaline that causes them to pull it. instead before they get to 10lbs they rethink why theyre shooting instead of basing their decisions off of thoughts, emotions, anger. I would stick with the 5.5 connecter for carry, and 3.5 for competition.
SuckMyGlockk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:45   #307
RM686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke_Hart View Post
I added a "-" connector to my new G22 gen3 purchased Jan this year.

The stock gun and connector was reading between 6lbs and 7lbs on my Lyman trigger pull gauge. Unacceptable.

With the Glock "-" connector the Lyman gauge is reading 5lbs 1oz reliably with a 4oz drift. This feels much better now the trigger is consistent and has definitely improved my grouping.

The main reason for purchase of this gun was for GSSF matches, but I would not hesitate to carry it.
I had the same situation with a G19 GEN 4. - connectoer and 6-7 lb trigger pull. First glock and I hated it. Put in 3.5 connector and Fulcum Trigger and have constant 5 lb pull. Now my favorite carry gun.
RM686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 21:46   #308
FloorPoor

Both my glocks have stock triggers, I don't want a super light pull on my EDC. They both are very consistent, so I'm not gonna mess with 'em.

Last edited by FloorPoor; 02-10-2013 at 21:48..
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 21:55   #309
SuckMyGlockk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorPoor View Post
Both my glocks have stock triggers, I don't want a super light pull on my EDC. They both are very consistent, so I'm not gonna mess with 'em.
agree, the trigger is the best partof the glock imo. i wouldnt mess with it. all i did to my glock 17 was the extended slide release, steel guide rod, and steel glock sights. also the plug for the backstrap hole. i dont even think its a matter of the 3.5 being too light. its a matter of not fixing something until its broken, why replace a perfectly good trigger specifically designed for the gun by the manufacturer?
10/22 Ruger :50cal:
90/31 Mosin Nagant :fred:
Old 02-19-2013, 22:35   #310
FloorPoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckMyGlockk View Post
agree, the trigger is the best partof the glock imo. i wouldnt mess with it. all i did to my glock 17 was the extended slide release, steel guide rod, and steel glock sights. also the plug for the backstrap hole. i dont even think its a matter of the 3.5 being too light. its a matter of not fixing something until its broken, why replace a perfectly good trigger specifically designed for the gun by the manufacturer?
I feel that making the trigger lighter on a gun with no manual safety could be asking for trouble in the form of a ND or AD, especially in a stressful SD situation.

The only non stock parts on my Glocks are night sights on one and a "butt plug" on the other. I've also messed with some mag floor plates. That's it. "If it ain't broke don't fix it."
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 22:45   #311
SuckMyGlockk

Quote:
I feel that making the trigger lighter on a gun with no manual safety could be asking for trouble in the form of a ND or AD, especially in a stressful SD situation.

The only non stock parts on my Glocks are night sights on one and a "butt plug" on the other. I've also messed with some mag floor plates. That's it. "If it ain't broke don't fix it."
also purchased wolff springs incase we see a magazine ban. i think theyll start requiring springs to only have enough tension for 10 rounds instead of requiring us to install rivets to stop the follower from going all the way to the bottom of the mag.
10/22 Ruger :50cal:
90/31 Mosin Nagant :fred:
Old 04-18-2013, 09:12   #312
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M24C View Post
3.5 connector without a NY-1 in a defense gun is begging for a lawsuit. All my Glocks have NY-1's in them.
3.5s are AOK in VT/NH.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:27   #313
bayshtyshorty

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
ABSOLUTELY it has validity! A jury is made up of people. They have biases, misinformation, media hyped memories and potentially jaded view of gun ownership. You get a prosecutor who can hype up your specially modified gun designed to ensure spectacular deaths with a head shot scattering brainmatter over the bodies of little children standing around.....And you are toast.

Your defense atty can logically explain in detail the depth of research you made about the parts installation to ensure the saftey of those around the perp.....But people are people, just take a look at how "hopey changey" got the great black dope elected.....But I digress....
LMAO the great black dope....thats awesome...everyone makes a good point...if you only have one gun and you can do something to make it work better than do so, but you may have to carry that...i guess you'll never know if they'll find it, or how the jury will perceive it until its too late...just do you and let them do them : ) contrary to popular belief, shoot outs dont happen every day on every block, 99% of cc'ers wont ever have to defend theirself with a firearm...so even though it's a risk to carry a modified pistol, its an extremely small risk as long as you are not looking for trouble. Shootouts are not real hard to find if you are looking to be in one so be as careful with your mindset as you are with your glock and you will be fine : )
~Grandpa Fred~
bayshtyshorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:00   #314
SCmasterblaster

Quote:

AD/ND? How about simply keeping one's finger off the trigger? The one time I drew in SD I didn't have any SD/ND problems - my finger never touched the trigger as the growling/snarling pit bull snapped at me.

Last edited by SCmasterblaster; 05-02-2013 at 10:01..
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 18:19   #315
Ticman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckMyGlockk View Post
I would stick with the 5.5 connecter for carry, and 3.5 for competition.
If the Glock trigger is so great why use a 3.5 for competition?

What you are really saying is the 3.5 is more accurate but in a self defense situation accuracy should not be as important because you might have a perfectly justifiable shooting turn against you based only on the fact you have a 3.5 trigger.

I have a Ghost Rocket (-) with a NY1 because I shoot that combo faster and more accurately than any other combo. If I shot better without the NY1 I would carry my Glock that way. Carry your Glock the way you shoot the best. Don't base the way you carry on what someone else says.
Old 08-01-2013, 18:35   #316
RM686

just seems like b.s. If they are going to screw you on a self defense action it will be because of a lot more than a 3.5 connector. you think in the Zimmering case it would be mentioned but they were out to screw him from the beginning.
RM686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 13:17   #317
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM686 View Post
just seems like b.s. If they are going to screw you on a self defense action it will be because of a lot more than a 3.5 connector. you think in the Zimmering case it would be mentioned but they were out to screw him from the beginning.
The 3.5 connector may be the only thing that the opposition may have in a righteous shooting.
Old 11-26-2013, 18:51   #318
SouthernBoyVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
The 3.5 connector may be the only thing that the opposition may have in a righteous shooting.
Ahh but if your actions were deliberate, they have no stand on trying to show negligence, wanton disregard for life, or accidental discharge. You meant to shoot the guy.

Last edited by SouthernBoyVA; 11-27-2013 at 04:48..
SouthernBoyVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:07   #319
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
Ahh but if your actions were deliberate, they have no stand on trying to show negligence, wanton disregard for life, or accidental discharge. You meant to shoot the guy.
You are quite correct.
Old 12-05-2013, 13:58   #320
dosei

Quote:
And therein lies the catch. There is no way to prove that your actions were deliberate. When you are the defendant in the courtroom, your testimony cannot acquit you.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)

Last edited by dosei; 12-05-2013 at 18:08..
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 17:45   #321
redsox

I just joined your forum. I have CCW in Florida for years and always with a M36 230gr hardball. Put a 3.5 connector and a 6lb trigger spring years back and its my 24/7 carry. I want to aquire and fire fast and the glock OEM is like a bowl of oatmeal to me- If I have my weapon out the chances of " needing time" to fight/flight are pretty slim so a sloppy pull is a waste for me- Dont forget make NO statements without a lawyer present
redsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:50   #322
SouthernBoyVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosei View Post
And therein lies the catch. There is no way to prove that your actions were deliberate. When you are the defendant in the courtroom, your testimony cannot acquit you.
Sure there is. You just tell them you meant to do what you did. We have what is known as an "affirmative defense" here. You affirm that you shot your attacker and under the same set of circumstances, would do so again. The proof is the fact that you affirmed your actions.

Last edited by SouthernBoyVA; 12-08-2013 at 07:51..
SouthernBoyVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:10   #323
redsox

If your a felon and im " in fear for my lfe"- I used my weapon- your state implies because you "modified" your weapon it acts against you in court? What nonsense is that? The 3.5 is good for 'aquire and fire' it all happens within 25' in seconds so the faster I can put a round in you the better- thats why I have a CCW- its not a full auto weapon so If I put sights on it or a flashligh on the rail what LEGAL weight does that have in any court?
Old 12-09-2013, 07:41   #324
jmchaney

Originally Posted by dosei Carry Issues

Quote:
Sure there is. You just tell them you meant to do what you did. We have what is known as an "affirmative defense" here. You affirm that you shot your attacker and under the same set of circumstances, would do so again. The proof is the fact that you affirmed your actions.
I don't understand this. If one is justified in using deadly force in defense, just how can shooting his attacker be considered negligence?
jmchaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:43   #325
NavyMSU

Haven't read the entire thread, but I recently removed my '-' connector in my G30.

I didn't have my stock connector, but I swapped it with my Gen4 '.' From my G17.
NavyMSU is offline   Reply With Quote