SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-15-2011, 13:35   #61
JBarbaresi

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
Thank you. I think I have found a new example to use in class of how to misuse research data and statistics to prove a predetermined position.
glad i can help. have fun with your stock glock and i'll have fun with mine the way its set up.
JBarbaresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 14:15   #62
David Armstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post
glad i can help. have fun with your stock glock and i'll have fun with mine the way its set up.
Thanks. Been having fun and winning matches with stock glocks since 1993.
David Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 14:31   #63
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

I have a ONE OUNCE trigger in my carry glock 10mm with extra powerful rounds in it and I ran 10 miles with a round in the chamber the other day.

(well not really, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem if I did)
Old 06-15-2011, 14:34   #64
Walk Soft

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMMERHEAD View Post
With all those mod's, I would be more worried about it not firing when I wanted it to.
I have modded 3 of mine(3# trigger pull)without issue.
Walk Soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 14:36   #65
JBarbaresi

Quote:
Thanks. Been having fun and winning matches with stock glocks since 1993.
i'm extremely happy for you. sounds like you have pretty good control over the stock glock trigger. i've heard only the absolute best shooters in the world can accurately shoot with one.
JBarbaresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 14:45   #66
NAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSSF17 View Post
Yep. Weapon will only fire when the trigger is pulled.

There are no ADs, as said before. No such thing- plain and simple

Not to be a jerk, but if you felt the need to lighten your trigger and perform those mods, what was your ultimate goal? Pull trigger, gun goes bang. I have never understood the notion that a weapon can "go off".....
Actually, there are such things as AD's, plain and simple. Any weapon with a free floating firing pin can accidentally discharge if the weapon is impacted in a certain way, OR chambering a round in a free floating pin system can result in an AD, commonly called a slamfire, OR a weapon that fires from an open bolt position can have a mechanical failure, OR.. you get the point.

Point is most discharges are ND's but there are such things as AD's.
NAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 14:49   #67
dosei

Considering the fact that the Glock was once believed to be "AD-Proof"...until the infamous "Frisbee Test" for the DEA...it is really almost impossible for anyone except you to know if your gun is "AD-Proof" with the mods you have done. So go and test the crap out of it....that is really the only way to "know". And even then you really don't know. All you know is that you have not yet figured out how to make the gun AD, not that the gun is incapable of an AD.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)

Last edited by dosei; 06-15-2011 at 14:51..
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 14:52   #68
David Armstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post
i'm extremely happy for you. sounds like you have pretty good control over the stock glock trigger. i've heard only the absolute best shooters in the world can accurately shoot with one.
You've apparently heard wrong. On a fairly regular basis there are hundreds of people who have never fired a handgun (or a Glock handgun) who pick one up and with minimal instruction find that they can easily control the trigger of the their Glock and accurately engage targets at various distances.
Old 06-15-2011, 15:27   #69
RatherNotSay
Dirty Harry

Quote:
You've apparently heard wrong. On a fairly regular basis there are hundreds of people who have never fired a handgun (or a Glock handgun) who pick one up and with minimal instruction find that they can easily control the trigger of the their Glock and accurately engage targets at various distances.
I had a 4inch group at 15 yards with my glock 21 first time out. Second time shooting a gun...
RatherNotSay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 15:33   #70
Walk Soft

If you follow the safety rules,carry in a holster and perform and pass the three safety function checks,How could there be a problem?IT'S A MACHINE.
Walk Soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 15:34   #71
NAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosei View Post
Considering the fact that the Glock was once believed to be "AD-Proof"...until the infamous "Frisbee Test" for the DEA...
Dosei,
I think you may be getting the DEA frisbee test confused with the Suffolk County case. The DEA Frisbee test resulted in the slide separating from the frame when thrown.

The Suffolk County case involved an officer getting ready for work while home, chambering a round an having an AD. When recreated at the range, a department armorer thinking the officer simply violated a safety rule chambered a round and the weapon AD'd. An additional three more times resulted in three more AD's and three final slamfires resulting in automatic fire.
Old 06-15-2011, 16:01   #72
NDCent
Socially Inept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk Soft View Post
If you follow the safety rules,carry in a holster and perform and pass the three safety function checks,How could there be a problem?IT'S A MACHINE.
A loose nut behind the trigger?

Always carry a heavy bat instead of a light one, a light one might cause an accidental swing under the influence of adrenaline. Always drive a vehicle with manual steering, you might over steer from adrenaline, trying to avoid a wreck. Never carry a sharp knife that opens easily, you might cut someone by accident.

And remember, you never see weapons used in combat with light trigger pulls, like 1911's or M-16's.

What is it they say about a booger hook? Oh yeah, insert and rotate in an orifice of your choice.

ETA: Sorry, thought I was posting in the other thread, they're both running along the same lines of debate (triggers).

Last edited by NDCent; 06-15-2011 at 16:12.. Reason: Posted in wrong thread.
NDCent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 16:30   #73
David Armstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherNotSay View Post
I had a 4inch group at 15 yards with my glock 21 first time out. Second time shooting a gun...
Yep. Shooting well with a standard trigger on a Glock seems well within the abilites of so many folks that you just have to wonder about these folks who apparenlty cannot figure it out.
Old 06-15-2011, 16:33   #74
GSSF17
...2 of 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC View Post
Actually, there are such things as AD's, plain and simple. Any weapon with a free floating firing pin can accidentally discharge if the weapon is impacted in a certain way, OR chambering a round in a free floating pin system can result in an AD, commonly called a slamfire, OR a weapon that fires from an open bolt position can have a mechanical failure, OR.. you get the point.

We were speaking of a Glock- Specifically a Glock 21 the OP modded and clearly does not know how to "handle".

We will have to agree to disagree, only because you are incorrect. A bullet that leaves a Glock's barrel does so because the trigger is pulled. That, sir, is what is plain and simple. If not intended, it is a negligent discharge, which is exactly that.

But thank you for the insight.
-Rimfire Club#1097 -Florida Glockers Club#1097 -Black Rifle Club #1097 -Certified Glock Armorer

RIP John Noveske- 1976 - 2013
GSSF17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 16:59   #75
Ruggles

Quote:

Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 17:57   #76
dosei

Quote:
Dosei,
I think you may be getting the DEA frisbee test confused with the Suffolk County case. The DEA Frisbee test resulted in the slide separating from the frame when thrown.

The Suffolk County case involved an officer getting ready for work while home, chambering a round an having an AD. When recreated at the range, a department armorer thinking the officer simply violated a safety rule chambered a round and the weapon AD'd. An additional three more times resulted in three more AD's and three final slamfires resulting in automatic fire.
No confusion. On a Glock, if the slide seperates from the frame it will fire (if a round is in the chamber). The Glock was designed from the very begining to pre-cock the striker enough to fire a chambered round if the striker is released from the pre-cocked position.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)

Last edited by dosei; 06-15-2011 at 17:58..
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 18:26   #77
DaverZ

Personally I dont see the point on lighteng a trigger that is only a 5.5 pound pull in the first place,thats light enough unless you have a physical impairment.I can see if it had say a 8-12 pound pull yeah.Personally I would'nt want anything under a 4-5 pound pull preferably a 5.
DaverZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 18:50   #78
NAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSSF17 View Post
We were speaking of a Glock- Specifically a Glock 21 the OP modded and clearly does not know how to "handle".

We will have to agree to disagree, only because you are incorrect. A bullet that leaves a Glock's barrel does so because the trigger is pulled. That, sir, is what is plain and simple. If not intended, it is a negligent discharge, which is exactly that.

But thank you for the insight.
We can certainly agree to disagree, but I am in fact correct. The premise of your statement is that a Glock cannot discharge without the trigger being pulled. The hypothesis that a Glock cannot have an AD is falsifiable to put it in scientific terms and has already been falsified, Suffolk County circa 1992 and DEA testing (1991). A discharge due to mechanical failure is an AD, a discharge through a negligent act whether intended or not, is an ND.

If it can happen once, and it has, then it can happen again however rare it may be. I will say it is extremely rare, but to in fact say that a mechanical device cannot fail is incorrect.

I not trying to pick a fight, but simply pointing out mechanical things can and do sometimes fail.

Last edited by NAC; 06-15-2011 at 19:17.. Reason: Edited to include DEA Frisbee test
Old 06-15-2011, 19:01   #79
NAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosei View Post
No confusion. On a Glock, if the slide seperates from the frame it will fire (if a round is in the chamber). The Glock was designed from the very begining to pre-cock the striker enough to fire a chambered round if the striker is released from the pre-cocked position.

Thank you sir, I had forgotten that they did in fact discharge when they separated. It's been a LONG time since I read that report. Again, another example of an AD, not ND.
Old 06-15-2011, 19:02   #80
Deaf Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherNotSay View Post
I've done a couple of modifications to my Glock 21 since I bought it. It has a 3.5lbs trigger connector, 4lbs firing pin spring, lighter firing pin safety spring, heavier trigger pull spring and I polished the entire trigger system. So my question is is it safe to leave a round chambered? I'm aware of the 4 cardinal rules and follow them religiously and I'm well aware of how the "safe action system" works. However, would the firing pin safety spring, firing pin safety polish job and lighter firing pin spring become a concern for an AD? Not a ND...but a AD. I also have a lone wolf ultimate trigger stop however it is not installed as it is recommended for competition/plinking only.
Rather,

Just make sure whatever holster you use has a covered trigger guard. That is the holster covers the trigger so there is no way it can be accessed.

Then practice keeping your finger off that trigger once you pull the weapon until you are GOING to fire. It takes only a fraction of a second to put your finger on the trigger from outside the trigger guard.

Practice it first with an empty weapon but in time your habits will become ingrained and it will be an automatic response..

Deaf