Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:59   #126
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr975j View Post
i carry with a 3.5 in both of my glocks...keep your finger off the trigger and it wont go bang. its as simple as that

Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta McNasty View Post
Quoted post deleted for rules violation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
I carry my GLOCKS with a 3.5 pound connector. Absolutely safe, utterly useful, and a good modification to a great firearm.

Last edited by RussP; 07-17-2011 at 06:32..
Glockdude1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:55   #127
ronin.45

I don't currently carry a Glock, but the 19 and both 26s I've carried all had 3.5s and polish jobs. I never had a ND in years of carrying them. They are as safe as the person carrying them.
Old 07-07-2011, 15:01   #128
FuturePharmD

My 36 was horrible.... a (-) connector and ny1 spring later it is smooth and breaks nicely. It was a great upgrade for the gun.
FuturePharmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 15:22   #129
MinervaDoe

I live in San Jose, California so my chances of getting a carry permit are zero. But, I do have the Glock minus connector in all my Glock's.

I figure my odds of getting in a gunfight are probably even lower than my chances of getting a CCW, so all my guns are target guns.
Old 07-07-2011, 15:53   #130
ChaneRZ

I feel you man. Bay area sucks for a
CCW.
Old 07-07-2011, 17:27   #131
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaneRZ View Post
I feel you man. Bay area sucks for a
CCW.
Pepper spray and kubotan.
Old 07-07-2011, 17:29   #132
HexHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Disciplined or not, accidents happen under stress, physical altercations, reholstering, etc.

Why does Glock insist that the light connector is not for duty/defense use? Are they idiots?
No, liability conscious.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 17:43   #133
Walk Soft

Yes I have the Ghost Rocket 3.5 and competition spring kits and .25 trigger job in three of my glocks.Just ordered a Glockworx V2 race connector,competition spring kit and Heine Strait Eight night sights for my gen 4 g17.The V2 advertizes a 2# trigger pull.Add the spring kit and do a .25 trigger job should be less than that.(range gun only).I have been struggling on whether or not to change my Gen 4 G26 EDC back to stock,not because of safety but legal repercussions.Damn Maas Ayoob and his wisdom. I do respect his advice.It's now just an issue of,What's the chances I'll ever be in court for a not so cut and dried case of SD.Now it has a Ghost Rocket,comp spring kit and .25 trigger job and I filed the bump down.

Last edited by Walk Soft; 07-07-2011 at 21:22..
Walk Soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 20:19   #134
blackbirdzach

I would have to relearn the gun if I dropped to the 3.5 since I have over 15,000 rounds on the stocker.
blackbirdzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 21:04   #135
Aquagear

I have the 3.5 connectors in all three of my Glocks and would not hesitate to carry any of them, in fact I carry the 19 on a regular basis. I have checked them with a trigger gauge and all of them break at slightly over 4lbs.
Aquagear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 21:16   #136
Maine1

after firing the XD and the M+P, i would consider the 3.5 in my glocks. I have shot stock glocks for a long tine, and those two afoermentioned triggers feel pretty light in comparison.
The only issues i can come up with are 1) training- i am used to the 5.5 connector, and its pull, i'd need some range and dry fire time to adjust to the reset.
2) the oft- mentioned zealous prosecutor mentioning modification from stock. may not be an issue.

I used to think this was a bigger deal, but its all what you carry and train with, and grow acustomed to using.
Maine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 13:26   #137
amd65

Send a message via Yahoo to amd65
I put a Ghost Rocket and spring kit in my G17, and don't really notice too much of difference between the G17 and my other two Glocks, a G26 and a G30, both of which are stock. The G17 is a little lighter...but it didn't impress me enough to want to put the same connector in the other two.
Old 07-08-2011, 16:59   #138
statistic6

I have a 3.5 lb trigger bar in my 3rd Gen 26. Its not my primary carry gun but I do carry it occasionally without any problems.
Old 07-08-2011, 17:34   #139
MinervaDoe

What do you guys think of this line of reasoning?

I found articles discussing Glock's trigger pull. I thought the one below (describing the Glock striker fired trigger requiring the trigger pull to do 75% of the cocking action) was a pretty defensible reason why the gun would not have a "hair trigger." Technically it is not double action, but the trigger is actually involved in cocking every shot.

The Glock trigger always requires the user to do a little work and I felt that anything that I can do to make it smoother is beneficial.

On typical single action triggers, you can just continually creep the trigger in and then the sear releases. But on the Glock, it seems like you need to do work during a major portion of the trigger pull.

My 2 cents

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/guts...fired-pistols/
Old 07-08-2011, 17:50   #140
K1tt3n5
Hell hath glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
I really hate to be the one to tell you this (not really). You're measuring wrong if you're getting below 3 lbs. on a stock Glock 22 with a 5.5 lb connector.

Even a 3.5 lb connector doesn't provide a 3.5 lb trigger pull.

Now the latest LWD connector I have provides a consistant 4lb trigger with a solid, crisp break and a reset of a 5.5 lb connector..
I would normall agree, but my kimber which is an honest to god 4.5 measures 4.5.
Old 07-08-2011, 17:57   #141
Bowtie
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by statistic6 View Post
I have a 3.5 lb trigger bar in my 3rd Gen 26. Its not my primary carry gun but I do carry it occasionally without any problems.
You do mean connector right? There is no 3.5 lb trigger bar.

If You Always Do What You've Always Done,
You'll Always Get What You've Always Got.
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 21:17   #142
DEPUTY346
Deputy Sheriff

I am an NY LEO and use the "-" connector on all my off duty weapons.
Old 07-08-2011, 21:20   #143
zigzagg321
clever quip

I use a ghost rocket on my carry G26 and it by no means creates a "hair" trigger.. I feel it is safe because my finger is not going into the trigger guard unless Im going to shoot.
zigzagg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 22:10   #144
DEADEYEGUY

I've put the 3.5 lb. connector on every Glock I've owned. That night sights and a steel guide rod make the gun about perfect for me.
DEADEYEGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:35   #145
SouthernBoyVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post
What do you guys think of this line of reasoning?

I found articles discussing Glock's trigger pull. I thought the one below (describing the Glock striker fired trigger requiring the trigger pull to do 75% of the cocking action) was a pretty defensible reason why the gun would not have a "hair trigger." Technically it is not double action, but the trigger is actually involved in cocking every shot.

The Glock trigger always requires the user to do a little work and I felt that anything that I can do to make it smoother is beneficial.

On typical single action triggers, you can just continually creep the trigger in and then the sear releases. But on the Glock, it seems like you need to do work during a major portion of the trigger pull.

My 2 cents

Glocks are DAO (Double Action Only) designs. The trigger performs two distinct tasks in firing the pistol. It moves the striker to its full cock position and it releases the striker to fire a cartridge. On one thread, after some rather aggressive debate about their design, I called Glock and spoke to a tech (actually he was more than just a tech from what I gathered). He confirmed that their design was a DAO design.

A for the issue of carrying a Glock with a different connector from that which was shipped with the gun, one might be advised to check case laws in their state and if they are really worried about this issue or live in a state where it could possibly present a legal concern from a shoot, you would probably be best served by contacting an attorney who has knowledge in these matters.

In my state, it's not going to make a difference in an excusable homicide. If you meant to fire on the BG, whether or not your gun had an altered trigger is not an issue. The issue is going to be whether or not you were in fear of imminent serious bodily harm.... or worse. We have an affirmative defense in such matters so a prosecutor is not going to be able to show that your actions in shooting the BG were anything other than purposeful and deliberate.

In my primary carry 3G G23, I have a smooth faced trigger with the safety tang cut flush to the trigger's face, a Glock 3.5 connector (part #00135), and a 6-pound trigger spring. The connector and trigger spring result in a very nice trigger which breaks at around 4.5 pounds. For my purposes, I find this to be the best setup.

Last edited by SouthernBoyVA; 07-09-2011 at 05:43..
SouthernBoyVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:10   #146
MinervaDoe

Quote:
I called Glock and spoke to a tech (actually he was more than just a tech from what I gathered).
So, since we are not really sure if you talked to Fred Flintstone or Albert Einstein, or if he worked in sales or engineering.

From my link:

Quote:
When the shooter pulls the trigger to fire, these safeties are disengaged and the mechanism, usually an extension of the trigger bar, makes contact with and pulls the striker back under spring tension, again, either fully or partially. This continues to increase as the striker is pulled to the rear. At the end of the pull, this trigger bar’s extension pulls or drops off the part of the striker it was up against, and releases it, allowing it to travel forward under the power of the spring and make contact with the primer of the chambered round which hopefully goes “bang”.
Once the weapon fires, the slide moved rearward under recoil, ejecting the spent round and chambering a new one. In this same process, the striker system resets to its semi-captured state in the Glock and fully captured state in some other pistols. The shooter releases pressure on the trigger which then moves forward enough to reset and make contact again with the striker so the process starts again.
Many, including myself from time to time, will compare this system to a double action only (DAO) system. However, in all honesty, even though this system is similar in how the shooter feels the trigger action to a DAO pistol that uses a hammer, there are some profound differences in the operation of the gun internally that do have some important implications to shooters. Trigger pull is generally going to be much lighter than the double action pull of a revolver, and also much lighter than semi-autos with either a double action only setup or a double action/single action setup.
Yeah, Glock calls this DAO.... but, ....

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 07-09-2011 at 10:12..
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 14:30   #147
atxbandit

My 23 is a LE trade in and came with 3.5 connector. I figure if it is good for the Missouri highway patrol it is good for me.
atxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 16:34   #148
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxbandit View Post
My 23 is a LE trade in and came with 3.5 connector. I figure if it is good for the Missouri highway patrol it is good for me.
Old 07-09-2011, 20:14   #149
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxbandit View Post
My Glock 34 is (among other things) marketed as a tactical gun. It comes with a "-" connector. Why not put it in my other guns?
Old 07-09-2011, 22:21   #150
adamg01

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post
I had no idea who this was until a year ago. I have no bias. After reading some things IMHO he knows a lot, & maybe too much that he has closed his mind on some areas. Stuff doesn't work for everyone & should not be taken as gospel.
Try it on your own & find what works for you.
Very well said!
adamg01 is offline   Reply With Quote