Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-06-2011, 19:21   #1
Falcon576

SERPA mods.

I've really liked the BH SERPA concept for a long time. But they don't conceal well and the retention button is a bit hit and miss.

So I was looking at my new bench grinder/polisher and hacksaw last week... Pulled my SERPA's out and started cutting and grinding.

Came up with the following: (Left-handed, by the way.)[LIST][*]Cut down the outside shroud and recontoured it for smoother presentations, as well as exposing the mag release. (For admin. loads/unloads, plus I had the old shroud pop some mags loose.)[*]Added a little "lozenge" of textured kydex to the retention release for more positive disengagement. (No more SERPA 3-pump.) Beveled the edges for "finger flow".[*]Mounted it on a Blade-Tech Stingray beltloop, with a rubber washer behind the bottom screw to cant the holster inward at the top. Conceals much better.

Carry Issues

Carry Issues

Also did the same thing to a 1911 SERPA for my custom Kimber PRO-CDP. I cut off the excess holster overhanging the muzzle, and used a heat gun to flatten out the stock belt loop. Added the rubber washer under the bottom screw for inward cant.

Carry Issues

Carry Issues

Both turned out pretty good. They actually work for CCW now.

VIRES, HONOR, VIRTUS, FIDES :rock:
Falcon576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 19:26   #2
Falcon576

Images D#$%^ it!

Okay, the pics didn't link.

Hopefully they will now...

Carry Issues

Carry Issues

Carry Issues

Carry Issues

Old 07-06-2011, 19:27   #3
limitdliability

Images show broken links on my end :(

UPDATE: Fixed it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon576 View Post
I've really liked the BH SERPA concept for a long time. But they don't conceal well and the retention button is a bit hit and miss.

So I was looking at my new bench grinder/polisher and hacksaw last week... Pulled my SERPA's out and started cutting and grinding.

Came up with the following: (Left-handed, by the way.)[LIST][*]Cut down the outside shroud and recontoured it for smoother presentations, as well as exposing the mag release. (For admin. loads/unloads, plus I had the old shroud pop some mags loose.)[*]Added a little "lozenge" of textured kydex to the retention release for more positive disengagement. (No more SERPA 3-pump.) Beveled the edges for "finger flow".[*]Mounted it on a Blade-Tech Stingray beltloop, with a rubber washer behind the bottom screw to cant the holster inward at the top. Conceals much better.

Carry Issues
Carry Issues

Also did the same thing to a 1911 SERPA for my custom Kimber PRO-CDP. I cut off the excess holster overhanging the muzzle, and used a heat gun to flatten out the stock belt loop. Added the rubber washer under the bottom screw for inward cant.

Carry Issues
Carry Issues

Both turned out pretty good. They actually work for CCW now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by limitdliability; 07-06-2011 at 19:50..
limitdliability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 19:32   #4
Falcon576

Showing broken here too. Frak.

I'm trying to link to them on Photobucket. Being that I'm a gigantic luddite, (Atari was a challenge back in the day), I can't get the links to work.

I'm copying the "Direct Link" under the images on Photobucket. Should I be linking them another way?

Old 07-06-2011, 19:34   #5
GeorgiaRedfish

Don't use direct link, use IMG code.
Old 07-06-2011, 19:51   #6
limitdliability

I like the mods, very clean work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
limitdliability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 20:06   #7
Falcon576

Thanks for the assist Limit.

And now I know to use the IMG.

I have an el-cheapo Chicago Electric 3" grinder/polisher that works just right for this stuff. Plus some 1000 grit sandpaper. The I go over it with my jet-flame cigar lighter to bring the stock "shine" back.

Again, grazie for the the tech-help.