Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-10-2011, 14:33   #1
barstoolguru
texas proud

Send a message via ICQ to barstoolguru Send a message via Yahoo to barstoolguru
glaser safety slugs / magsafe ammo

I read a lot of GT and one thing that never seems to come up is Glaser safety slugs or Magsafe fragmenting ammo for home defense.

the reason why I ask is that I have a home where if I have to take a shot from the master bedroom into the hall way there would be two other bedrooms in the in the firing line so wall penetration is very important as not to kill family members.

What is you stand on this type of ammo and do you think it has the stopping power needed to stop a BG but stop when it hits the sheetrock or hollowcore doors

ty for taking the time to answer
barstoolguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 20:39   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Alasl, Bartoolguru, we can't change the laws of physics. Anything powerful enough to go deep enough into a home invader's body to keep him from hurting our loved ones, is powerful enough to go through sheetrock walls. Frangible bullets like the ones you ask about are demonstrated in the "Make Ready" video available/downloadable from http://www.panteaoproductions.com/

That's why I've taught for so long that tactics supersedes hardware, and the home defender needs to have a plan in place that will put him or her in a position where when shots are fired, THEIR shots will have a safe backstop, whether it' a massive bookshelf or a pile of cartons of solid material or whatever. Of course, this in turn means that the shooter has a solid plan in place to ensconce where they'll have a backstop behind the intruder...or move to a position where that will be the case... and loved ones in the home, or innocent people in the adjacent apartment or condo, will be out of the line of fire.

Much harder to achieve than magic bullet technology...but, unllike magic bullet technology, POSSIBLE to achieve.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote