SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:50   #1
doneroman
SheepDogs-R-Us

Tell me about your heroin...

...OD deaths. So far in our county of a whopping 160,000 people we have about 30 this year, with maybe 2-5 per day brought back with the Lazarus. (Narcan)

Our county is a know "safe haven" for those travelling from Mexico, and the heroin seems to travel with them. Being that I39/90 goes right through the middle of our county we get A LOT of the NAFTA traffic and our State Troopers' hands seem to be tied as well in NOT being able to bust these mostly illegal semis from Mexico.

So, what I'd like to know about is your jurisdiction's heroin trafficing, deaths, and politics. How are you getting along with it, changing the Sheriff/ DA's minds to be more aggressive, any tricks you might share. PM me if your ideas and efforts are more confidential.

This heroin blindness that has been created by PC CJ Committees has got to come to an end. Enough of the "war on drugs", how about a war FOR humanity?!

Thanks, rant off.
doneroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:44   #2
Vigilant

Let the bastards have all the heroin they want, make 'em sign a release holding the government harmless from any and all medical expense, give 'em a hole in the wall with A/C and cable TV, and let 'em all OD. The war on drugs is not working.

Last edited by Vigilant; 07-11-2011 at 08:41..
Vigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:50   #3
SPIN2010
Searching ...

It is shameful that people do that sort of thing but it does thin out the stupid in the herd. All you can do is try to help those you know with drug problems, and turn in those that continue to use after help is offered.

That is the BIG problem in this country: Failure to enforce the laws on the books (I know let's make more laws to enforce laws already here ).
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:53   #4
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Let the bastards have all the heroin they want, make 'em sign a release holding the government harmless form any and all medical expense, give 'em a hole in the wall with A/C and cable TV, and let 'em all OD. The war on drugs is not working.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:54   #5
collim1
Shower Time!

I have only found heroin in my town once. Pills are HUGE though. Oxy and Benzo's everywhere. All of our OD's in the last year have been from pills and alcohol.

It is sad, kids dont think its drugs because its a pill that comes from the pharmacy. Makes them more willing to try it and before you know it they are hooked.

Alot of our burglars are young kids looking for cash and pills.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:07   #6
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Let the bastards have all the heroin they want, make 'em sign a release holding the government harmless form any and all medical expense, give 'em a hole in the wall with A/C and cable TV, and let 'em all OD. The war on drugs is not working.
I agree. It's nuts. Even on the inside as much as we try to keep things under control, someone is bound to convince someone to get it in one way or another.

If we could house them separately and keep them confined to the one area and let them expire one or so at a time we would be out less trouble. Unfortunately the litigation would scare any prison agency.

But, on the streets do just as you mentioned. Except keep the borders secured and work it like keeping boundaries during a severe out break somewhere. In other words, once they get in, they do not get out after signing their lives away.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:36   #7
RocPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
It is shameful that people do that sort of thing but it does thin out the stupid in the herd. All you can do is try to help those you know with drug problems, and turn in those that continue to use after help is offered.

That is the BIG problem in this country: Failure to enforce the laws on the books (I know let's make more laws to enforce laws already here ).
That's a waste of time. They'll only stop when they decide to. I don't mind them offing themselves in an OD. Long as I dont have to do the paperwork.
RocPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:41   #8
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
I agree. It's nuts. Even on the inside as much as we try to keep things under control, someone is bound to convince someone to get it in one way or another.

If we could house them separately and keep them confined to the one area and let them expire one or so at a time we would be out less trouble. Unfortunately the litigation would scare any prison agency.

But, on the streets do just as you mentioned. Except keep the borders secured and work it like keeping boundaries during a severe out break somewhere. In other words, once they get in, they do not get out after signing their lives away.
I feel your pain.

And for those sitting on the fence, throw in some free beer and Doritos.

Last edited by Vigilant; 07-11-2011 at 08:43..
Vigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:45   #9
collim1
Shower Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocPO View Post
That's a waste of time. They'll only stop when they decide to. I don't mind them offing themselves in an OD. Long as I dont have to do the paperwork.
Its not that much paperwork. I can write it up in about 6 sentences
Old 07-11-2011, 09:02   #10
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

We don't see the horse much here, either. I know throughout the county they are finding it more than they used to, but I have never run in to it. I remember when I first started somebody found it and had no idea what it was. There was a cop that had been a cop in Milwaukee before moving here that identified it.

We're a meth state.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:35   #11
RocPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by collim1 View Post
Its not that much paperwork. I can write it up in about 6 sentences
HAH! I wish. I have to write a long winded report, statements (if anyone saw anything) request a detective, notify and wait for the ME, secure the scene until told to release it.
RocPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:46   #12
doneroman
SheepDogs-R-Us

I can appreciate the Darwin perspective but we're seeing the abandoned children issues, and all the rest of the collateral damages that go with the addicts' choices. All the while it seems A LOT of our politicians are pushing us to look the other way. It's as if the medicinal marijuana laws out west are softening up the politicians here in the MW. Reports? Don't get me started....

Let the addicts figure it out for themselves, I'm with you there, but I want the dealers and the big transporters. Selling this crap actually sends money all the way back to Al Qaeda and the Taliban.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:11   #13
madecov
book em' Danno

Ive only come across it once. Luckily a nearby unit had a test kit. While messing with it I managed to get more on the car hood than the in the test kit. It was street level use and about half a gram.
I was a biy surprised and did of course arrest the guy. I've been running into more inhalant abuse these days

$20.00 transfers in the Houston area.
[
madecov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:32   #14
collim1
Shower Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocPO View Post
HAH! I wish. I have to write a long winded report, statements (if anyone saw anything) request a detective, notify and wait for the ME, secure the scene until told to release it.
I responded to 123 Main St in reference to a report of a deceased subject inside the residence. I entered the residence and observed Mickey Mouse laying on the bed deceased. The listed family members advised Mouse is a known user of Heroin. A needle and a spoon believed to contain heroin were recovered from the scene and logged into evidence. The scene was photographed by Det Colbert. Coroner Stewart pronounce Mouse dead at the scene at 0642hrs. EMS transported the body to the morgue.

Six sentences.
Old 07-11-2011, 16:17   #15
doneroman
SheepDogs-R-Us

You guys crack me up. Thank You!
Old 07-11-2011, 22:41   #16
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Heroin in king out here. 10 bucks a bag. 100 for a "jab" which is usually 10-13 bags depending on your dealer. Always cut with dormin or baking soda. All kinds of packaging last few years, tin foil wraps are called "tinnies", plastic bags usually bags, actually been seeing capsules as well.

Open air drug markets on the inner West side and near South side of Chicago selling all time of day, but early afternoon is probably the most popular. There's dealers, runners, security, more runners, lookouts, etc to the corners. All gang run around here run the show in the city. Suburban dealers are independents who just pick up large amounts in the city, cut it some more, and then sell it for even more. Farther you get away from the city, the more it costs....originally coming in large loads from Mexico.

Heroin, crack, cocaine, and ecstasy is big around here. We don't see all too much meth or prescription pills because the other alternatives are available so easily. Had a meth a few times and it only from people really deep into the gay party scene on the North of the city. Prescription pills are usually high school and early college thing until they discover how great heroin is. Start snorting for a few months and then start the needle. Once they start the needle it is all over.

Going to a lot more OD's lately this summer....pretty sad. Always good to keep a tab on them though. Majority of burglaries (car and home), robberies, thefts, sale of stolen goods, retail thefts are all motivated by either Heroin or Crack. Retail theft rings for heroin addicts is HUGE in the midwest.

It's a felony around my neck of the woods, but first and second timers usually go to a drug court where it is not criminal as long as they follow a treatment program. Many people still don't follow the program, but the system fails to follow up and they are continually given breaks over and over again. By the time they actually start getting penalties criminally, it is too late and they are already in over there heads. Some people think "jail does not solve a drug problem", but to be honest I've heard it from dozens of junkies - they need to be pulled out of the environment for a while and get clean. Heroin addicts especially need that forced withdrawal, because they can't do it by themselves if they are out and about.
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 23:39   #17
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

No heroin around here... it's all meth and weed. Seems like nobody does anything else.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:52   #18
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Y'all come down to southern AZ. Prices are 1/2 of some other places, and we got so much junk that anything under 2 lbs of weed is considered personal use-- ends up as a fine only. I'll look up the OD stats later.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:57   #19
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

We just had one this last weekend OD DRT in a parking lot.
Meth and pills are king here , but Heroin is coming on strong 3 death since summer started.

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 07-12-2011 at 07:59..
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:34   #20
m2hmghb

I know we have heroin ODs around here, dont bother to check the state too much. I know 2009 set new records for fatalities though. First call of the day for my cousin 2 Christmas day's ago was a heroin OD, they got her going though. As he said (rather sarcastically) it was a nice Christmas present.

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote