Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 15:30   #1
achysklic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,228
Should Women be Ministers?

I thought it might be a nice change of pace to see the opinions of the members here on this touchy subject.

I think the funny thing is those that are usually against me with sway my way on this subject where as, those that usually sway my way will repel.

Ok Me personally I think according to scripture women are not aloud to be ministers.
achysklic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 17:31   #2
hogfish
Señor Member
 
hogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 4,652
Interesting.
__________________
Opinions are like noses...everybody's got one.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 17:54   #3
NMG26
Senior Member
 
NMG26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NM
Posts: 5,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by achysklic View Post
Ok Me personally I think according to scripture women are not aloud to be ministers.

Times they have changed.

Women make excellent ministers.

The church I now attend has a woman misnister and she puts her whole heart into it. The proof of whether they should, is in the results of their ministry.
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 18:21   #4
achysklic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
Times they have changed.

Women make excellent ministers.

The church I now attend has a woman misnister and she puts her whole heart into it. The proof of whether they should, is in the results of their ministry.
Times may have changed however God never changes. Follow God and not wo-man
achysklic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 18:33   #5
Vic Hays
Senior Member
 
Vic Hays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: My home is in heaven
Posts: 11,721
God has in the past used women to lead in the highest of positions.

Deborah, Hulda, etc. An elder is not a priest any more than a regular member is a priest. There should be no problem with a woman as a minister. The exception is when it is not acceptable to the community around that area. We must avoid reproach against Christ even for reasons may be acceptable to God.
God is the one who bestows the spiritual gift of pastor. Some people think that the Church can confer this, but that is why we end up with so many corrupt hireling ministers.


3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
3:29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
__________________
Vic Hays

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 18:33   #6
SPIN2010
Searching ...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: On the move ... again!
Posts: 1,840
The real shame is there is not a man that will step up to the job. As long as they are sending out the Gospel, I am all for it.
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 18:35   #7
NMG26
Senior Member
 
NMG26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NM
Posts: 5,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by achysklic View Post
Times may have changed however God never changes. Follow God and not wo-man

LOL

I don't follow my woman minister.

I do try to follow the God I know.

The Bible was written in a different culture, and time. It is time that we let those old taboos go.

Of course we can not expect fundamentalists to go for that. It takes all kinds. My sister still goes to the fundamentalist church I grew up in 35 years ago. Just saw my neice get married there by the same minister that was there 35 years ago. He was glad to see me.
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 18:47   #8
rgregoryb
Sapere aude
 
rgregoryb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Republic of Alabama
Posts: 12,970


Quote:
Originally Posted by achysklic View Post
I thought it might be a nice change of pace to see the opinions of the members here on this touchy subject.

I think the funny thing is those that are usually against me with sway my way on this subject where as, those that usually sway my way will repel.

Ok Me personally I think according to scripture women are not aloud to be ministers.
so what is between your legs decides whether you can be a minister.....interesting.

(allowed not aloud)
__________________
"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."
Ludwig Wittgenstein

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 19:55   #9
alba666
WWJGD
 
alba666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post
God has in the past used women to lead in the highest of positions.

Deborah, Hulda, etc. An elder is not a priest any more than a regular member is a priest. There should be no problem with a woman as a minister. The exception is when it is not acceptable to the community around that area. We must avoid reproach against Christ even for reasons may be acceptable to God.
God is the one who bestows the spiritual gift of pastor. Some people think that the Church can confer this, but that is why we end up with so many corrupt hireling ministers.


3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
3:29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
__________________
Real women have real bodies with lotsa curves so I can hug'em really tight and not get bruises!
alba666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 20:01   #10
sugarcreek
familyman
 
sugarcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ...in the neighborhood.
Posts: 1,020
Paul thinks not...
__________________
There is a destiny that makes us brothers, none goes his way alone...
All that we send into the lives of others, comes back into our own.
sugarcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 20:32   #11
achysklic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,228
Wow seems like aot of personal opinions here and alot of ignoring what scripture actualy says. Remember the way that seems right to a man in the end is DEATH. Happy Sabbath all
achysklic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 20:41   #12
rgregoryb
Sapere aude
 
rgregoryb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Republic of Alabama
Posts: 12,970


Quote:
Originally Posted by achysklic View Post
Wow seems like aot of personal opinions here and alot of ignoring what scripture actualy says. Remember the way that seems right to a man in the end is DEATH. Happy Sabbath all
Happy Saturday!!!!!


Religious Issues
__________________
"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."
Ludwig Wittgenstein

"demography is destiny"

Last edited by rgregoryb; 07-15-2011 at 20:48..
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 21:15   #13
NMG26
Senior Member
 
NMG26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NM
Posts: 5,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by achysklic View Post
Wow seems like aot of personal opinions here and alot of ignoring what scripture actualy says. Remember the way that seems right to a man in the end is DEATH. Happy Sabbath all
Yeah certain sects of Christianity have trouble with the whole "personal opinion" thing. Can't think outside of the little tiny doctrinal box that has been given. When the water does not move it ends in stagnation and death.

We use to have revivals at that fundamentalis church I grew up in. I remember sitting in those services with those traveling revival teachers.....they had that nack for scaring you back to another stab at being perfect for God........

I'd rather find God in the freedom of personal opinion then die in those doctrinal dungeons that force all into the same mold.

Free your mind and the rest will follow.
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 22:58   #14
Markasaurus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,205
Why not? Personally i've talked to one or two lady preachers and they were ok by me. I'd have no problem with this at all, don't understand why anybody would in this day and age.
Markasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:44   #15
LazyAce
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 235
I have heard a lot of good & bad ministers. Some were men and some were women. It is how you preach the bible that matters, not what sex you are. There are a lot of TV preachers that should be banned from preaching as all they are after is the money and fame. Most could care less about the people they are preaching to. Everyone has their own outlook on this and should make up their own minds on how to deal with it.
LazyAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:16   #16
achysklic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Hays View Post


3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
3:29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The point of this passage is that we are all saved by God's grace according to the promise of God and that it doesn't matter who you are, Jew, Greek, slave, free, male, or female. All are saved the same way, by grace. In that, there is neither male nor female.

This verse is not talking about church structure. It is talking about salvation "in Christ." It cannot be used to support women as pastors because that isn't what it is talking about. Instead, to find out about church structure and leadership, you need to go to those passages that talk about it: 1 Timothy 2 and Titus 1.
achysklic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:19   #17
achysklic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,228
In the Old Testament in over 700 mentions of priests, every single one was a male. There is not one instance of a female priest. This is significant because priests were ordained by God to hold a very important office of ministering the sacrifices. This was not the job of women. Therefore, from what I see in Genesis 1-2, 1 Timothy 2, and Titus 1, the normal and proper person to hold the office of elder/pastor is to be a man.

God's word clearly tells us that the elder is to be the husband of one wife. A woman cannot qualify for this position by virtue of her being female. Whether anyone likes it or not is irrelevant to the fact that this is what the Bible teaches.
achysklic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:09   #18
Vic Hays
Senior Member
 
Vic Hays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: My home is in heaven
Posts: 11,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by achysklic View Post
In the Old Testament in over 700 mentions of priests, every single one was a male. There is not one instance of a female priest. This is significant because priests were ordained by God to hold a very important office of ministering the sacrifices. This was not the job of women. Therefore, from what I see in Genesis 1-2, 1 Timothy 2, and Titus 1, the normal and proper person to hold the office of elder/pastor is to be a man.

God's word clearly tells us that the elder is to be the husband of one wife. A woman cannot qualify for this position by virtue of her being female. Whether anyone likes it or not is irrelevant to the fact that this is what the Bible teaches.
Do you think a pastor is a modern day priest?

The difference I see between our two views is that I allow God to make the decisions of who He will give the spiritual gift of pastor to. You would make a big fuss if God chose a woman. Do you have a self esteem problem?

Those who need a priest other than Jesus are control types. If you had your way in the time of the judges Deborah would not have had the office of judge. She was chosen by God to the highest spiritual office in Israel.

Judges 4:4 And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.
4:5 And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
__________________
Vic Hays

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:11   #19
g22od
G-22-OD
 
g22od's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 810
No and only because they don't look sexy with the priest collar thing on.
__________________
Glock 23 in OD (on my hip)
Rifle Dynamics Arsenal SGL-21
AZEX SLR 107UR SBR
AZEX Mini Uzi SBR
Et in Arcadia ego
g22od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:12   #20
g22od
G-22-OD
 
g22od's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by achysklic View Post
I thought it might be a nice change of pace to see the opinions of the members here on this touchy subject.

I think the funny thing is those that are usually against me with sway my way on this subject where as, those that usually sway my way will repel.

Ok Me personally I think according to scripture women are not aloud to be ministers.
What if they're really quiet?
__________________
Glock 23 in OD (on my hip)
Rifle Dynamics Arsenal SGL-21
AZEX SLR 107UR SBR
AZEX Mini Uzi SBR
Et in Arcadia ego
g22od is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:34.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,268
403 Members
865 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31