SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-28-2011, 16:11   #26
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

The "searchers" ta begin with and the "searchees" would be next.'08.

"

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 16:14   #27
1 old 0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Bagins View Post
+1

After what happened during Katrina, The house passed the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act (The Vitter Admendment) making gun grabbing during a disaster illegal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitter_Amendment

The problem was there was too many Chiefs, and way too many out of state Indians, during a major SHTF event.
There are local State and Federal laws stating in a bankruptcy bond holders get paid FIRST. Hussein ignored them ALL and paid unions.

There are local State and federal laws about Straw Purchases. Hussein's people ignored those.

There are local State and Federal laws about felons purchasing firearms. Hussein's people ignored those.

There are laws protecting you from being locked up without trial. 120,000 Jap/Americans can tell you how that went.

ANY LAW is just a "EXECUTIVE ORDER" away from the trash can.
1 old 0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 16:26   #28
HexHead

I would treat any out of state cop the same as I would a Blue Helmeted UN Frenchman.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 18:48   #29
Aceman

Very interesting stuff.

I can't even remember why i asked this. But man - even if martial law is declared....if I'm in my home, minding my business, wow...

I'm all about helping the LEO any way i can. But wow....I'd have to draw the line somewhere.

And as mentioned - dang, how could you carry out that order.

If I defended my rights and it resulted in officers killed, I'm thinking Supreme Court is where that case will end up.

I would put my faith in them. They are notorius for making decisions based doing the right thing and eff Congress/Dems/Repubs/Pres.

I just can't see ANY thing that makes the confiscation ok.
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 18:57   #30
engineer151515

I would like to add that some LEO refused to confiscate firearms.

They deserve to be commended but will probably never be recognized for making a personal stand against the order.

Last edited by engineer151515; 07-28-2011 at 18:58..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 19:23   #31
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHead View Post
I would treat any out of state cop the same as I would a Blue Helmeted UN Frenchman.
Slap him and refuse to let him change his diaper...?

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
quake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:14   #32
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

I'll tell you right now if the authorities ever came knocking on our doors for a gun grab where I live...somebody is gonna get whacked! Anyone who lets the governoring body take away their protection ( provided you are not threatening anyone or breaking the law) is a damn fool. That is what keeps us for being overun by our own government. I still blame the local government, Geo. W. Bush and FEMA for that slow response during Katrina. This country is quick to get help to other countries in that situiation but lets its own "taxpaying" citizens wait for help.....Thats just ....BS!...and the powers to be let it happen.

Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 07-29-2011 at 02:15..
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 14:36   #33
Aceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
I'll tell you right now if the authorities ever came knocking on our doors for a gun grab where I live...somebody is gonna get whacked! Anyone who lets the governoring body take away their protection ( provided you are not threatening anyone or breaking the law) is a damn fool. That is what keeps us for being overun by our own government. I still blame the local government, Geo. W. Bush and FEMA for that slow response during Katrina. This country is quick to get help to other countries in that situiation but lets its own "taxpaying" citizens wait for help.....Thats just ....BS!...and the powers to be let it happen.
As much as I am a non-Bush fan (President, The band, Excessive Pubes, whatever...):

The OFFICIAL rule is the state MUST request assistance. If I was the shell shocked dumb@$$ idiot deer-in-the-headlights governor, I'd be leaving the country of embarrassment and shame that I sat there and did jack in the face of Mother Nature with a sledgehammer.

As long as we are discussing the "rules" in this thread.

But yes - no excuse for not sounding the "get ready" bell LONG before the request was sent in spite of said governor.

Last edited by Aceman; 07-29-2011 at 14:36..
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 15:56   #34
Will-21

I think this pretty much sums it up:

Survival/Preparedness Forum

"Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions!"

I got a wrist rocket! :tongueout:
Will-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:36   #35
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman View Post

If I defended my rights and it resulted in officers killed, I'm thinking Supreme Court is where that case will end up. .

Right or wrong, I don't think you'll be ending up in the SC, I think the grave is much more likely.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:58   #36
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

So be it.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:24   #37
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Yes and no.

We know some of what happened. There are lots of things that went on, that aren't public knowledge, things that were covered up, swept under the rug, or simply never reported.

Like I said, we'll never know the whole story of what went on.

There was good, there was bad.
I don't remember any good?
Old 07-30-2011, 20:43   #38
jlavallee

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
I actually asked in Cop Talk or somewhere else what a citizen should do and it turned out that, although a cop might be doing something illegal, you still cannot legally shoot them in self-defense. Instead you are to hand over your guns and comply, then pray the case doesn't get buried in civil court later on...

Now if our founding fathers had done that, I'm pretty sure we'd all be subjects and speaking in funny accents.

-Emt1581
Amen brother! From my cold dead hands.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion. www.popvox.com
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 20:46   #39
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

The POS who made that statement finally resigned amid scandal and numerous federal probes, one of which is the Danziger Bridge case.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...oubled_ne.html

He was also the idiot who was photographed with Nagin pointing an AR at him.

I can't find a link to the story but I believe there was also a scandal b/c Reily was actually honeymooning out of town during the Katrina aftermath.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:33   #40
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
I don't remember any good?

I seem to remember a whole lot of aid, search and rescue, and relief efforts. Seems all of those were good things........

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:50   #41
TreverSlyFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
I would like to add that some LEO refused to confiscate firearms.

They deserve to be commended but will probably never be recognized for making a personal stand against the order.

I have YET to see any report of any Officers refusing the order.

What I did see was a cross section of Officers from departments around the country that DID confiscate weapons as ordered and didn't bat an eye at doing it. Maybe a couple did refuse, but the overwhelming majority didn't give it a seconds thought.

I think New Orleans and Katrina gave us a very good example of the current Law Enforcement mentality in this country. They have the same mistaken belief that "I was just following orders." gives them a free pass, as if it will give them a defense like the Nazis thought at the Nuremberg trials.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:20   #42
Will-21

It won't be popular but........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreverSlyFox View Post

What I did see was a cross section of Officers from departments around the country that DID confiscate weapons as ordered and didn't bat an eye at doing it. Maybe a couple did refuse, but the overwhelming majority didn't give it a seconds thought.

I think New Orleans and Katrina gave us a very good example of the current Law Enforcement mentality in this country. They have the same mistaken belief that "I was just following orders." gives them a free pass, as if it will give them a defense like the Nazis thought at the Nuremberg trials.
....every news story & video clip available then and now shows these LEO putting on their "soldier wanna be" gear and breaking into houses and beating up old ladies!

Put your money where your mouth is: what story or what video is there showing even 1 LEO saying "NO....we won't do that, it's unconstitutional!"

Here is SSG May stating he would not confiscate firearms:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLaKs...eature=related

Since when does the local Mayor and his flunkie police chief have the authority to "suspend" the Constitution?

"Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions!"

I got a wrist rocket! :tongueout:
Will-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:55   #43
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreverSlyFox View Post
I know of them

Spoke personally.

Don't expect a news report on them.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:12   #44
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
I seem to remember a whole lot of aid, search and rescue, and relief efforts. Seems all of those were good things........
I was referenceing the gun confiscating aspect of the Katrina situation. I did not realize you were talking about the whole situation in general. Of course there was a lot of good done by good ppl. The heavy handed taking away of the constitutional rights of American citizens had no shining moments.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:50   #45
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
I was referenceing the gun confiscating aspect of the Katrina situation. I did not realize you were talking about the whole situation in general. Of course there was a lot of good done by good ppl. The heavy handed taking away of the constitutional rights of American citizens had no shining moments.
I was going to say the same as AK. The military did offer a LOT in the way of rescue efforts.

There was just so much that indicated the logistics just weren't there on the government's side. Examples of this would be the massive lots of FEMA trailers that weren't utilized, ice trucks going on wild goose chases and not getting where they were needed, soldiers standing around without orders/missions for days on end, etc.

In regard to gun confiscations...again, think of the logistics of resisting. It's a death sentence for you unless no one on the opposing side can call for backup AND you nail all of them. Otherwise you will instantly become enemy number one and they dedicate much attention and equipment to "stopping" you.

On the side of the government I guess I do not understand the logic of disarming people when the SHTF. I will be worried about surviving, not going on a shooting rampage. And if I had such a desire, why would I pack up my family and belongings or be sitting tight in my house rather than getting to it already?? Kind of like everyday life. The CCWer is NOT the enemy of the public/LE...it's the nut that begins to open fire on everyone.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:25   #46
Maine1

Do not expect the SC do do a damn thing. This is the same body that said a black man is worth 3/5 of a white man. They also are "confused" about what the FF "really meant' with the 2nd Am, as it is actually very clear to any one who reads the writings of the Founders. Their "confusion" is willful, as they do not like the idea of people beiong "allowed" to own weapons individually.
YET...they can extrapolate a right to an abortion from the 4th amendment..??

Honestly, i think when cops 'just follow" orders, you do not have a choice as a nation. Gun confiscation is like Crystallnaght-sp?, things will get far worse afterwards.
People who seize your guns while you are not a threat DO NOT have your best interests in mind. I cannot envision ANYTHING good coming from being disarmed.
Maine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:38   #47
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Good thread. I really appreciate what the military did in post Katrina rescue operations but I am ticked off at the people who stayed behind without preps making themselves a royal pain in the butt for others who had to risk their lives and spend lots of money to get them out when they could have gotten on a bus or walked out of N.O.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 13:45   #48
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

As the son of a high ranking high profile police officer I was raised with more respect for the law and the uniform and of course the men and women who wear it than most anyone else.

I am also a NJ resident and a gun owner and therefore I have the worst gun rights in the country, not much I can do.

I constantly see people on this forum type things like "I'd NEVER let some government 'trample on my constitutional rights' - [that one always makes me chuckle]" and sometimes i've read how "I'd never let them take my guns!"...

this is , to me, akin to "I ain't lettin that **** give ME no ticket , I wasnt speedin, HE CANT DO THAT I KNOW MY RIGHTS I KNOW THE LAW" - yeah make sure u tell him that! And yell it at him witht that attitude, definitely, u let him know! bottom line, reality check- 99% of the time you'll lose, the officer will win, that's just how it is.

Same as gun confiscation: I believe someone said, the bottom line is: give them up or be prepared to defend them; that is to say, shoot at the cops that want to take them. There is 99.9% I'd never do that, we'd have to be at TEOTWAWKI for that to be an option. So despite tough talk from whoever about not giving up your guns, If the government wants them they're gonna take them! its as simple as that, and you're powerless to do anything about it.

if SHTF and they want them, they're getting them unless you shoot the guys that are there to trake them. In which case they return with more people and kill you. Its just that simple. Do I like it, does anyone? No and I doubt anyone does. it's just the truth.

Your "rights get trampled on" whenever necessary, the more and quickier this is realized the easier it is to adapt to life and live AROUND that fact.

ScrappyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 13:48   #49
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyDoo View Post
As the son of a high ranking high profile police officer I was raised with more respect for the law and the uniform and of course the men and women who wear it than most anyone else.

I am also a NJ resident and a gun owner and therefore I have the worst gun rights in the country, not much I can do.

I constantly see people on this forum type things like "I'd NEVER let some government 'trample on my constitutional rights' - [that one always makes me chuckle]" and sometimes i've read how "I'd never let them take my guns!"...

this is , to me, akin to "I ain't lettin that **** give ME no ticket , I wasnt speedin, HE CANT DO THAT I KNOW MY RIGHTS I KNOW THE LAW" - yeah make sure u tell him that! And yell it at him witht that attitude, definitely, u let him know! bottom line, reality check- 99% of the time you'll lose, the officer will win, that's just how it is.

Same as gun confiscation: I believe someone said, the bottom line is: give them up or be prepared to defend them; that is to say, shoot at the cops that want to take them. There is 99.9% I'd never do that, we'd have to be at TEOTWAWKI for that to be an option. So despite tough talk from whoever about not giving up your guns, If the government wants them they're gonna take them! its as simple as that, and you're powerless to do anything about it.

if SHTF and they want them, they're getting them unless you shoot the guys that are there to trake them. In which case they return with more people and kill you. Its just that simple. Do I like it, does anyone? No and I doubt anyone does. it's just the truth.

Your "rights get trampled on" whenever necessary, the more and quickier this is realized the easier it is to adapt to life and live AROUND that fact.
While you state the unfortunate reality of the situation... how do you explain us not having funny accents and being subjects today?

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 13:54   #50
inzone

redundancy

that's why you have backup plans......if you can't bug out with all your weapons before they arrive with the swat team...then you can have many of them hidden and some cached or some at a remote location/family/friend/etc...
inzone is offline   Reply With Quote