Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-03-2011, 13:42   #101
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatDrall View Post
Because they might kill you, imprison your family, etc.
How does this differ from tyranny?

Quote:

If you do survive the first round, when things calm down a jury of your peers will imprison you for fighting back against Officer Friendly.
How would there be a case once it was proved that the confiscators followed an illegal order? Kinda like a drug dealer calling the cops for theft of his product no?

Shot in the dark but I'm guessing, while there may be a law against the confiscation, a citizens rights are not specifically listed to oppose the action.

Quote:
You learn to fight without weapons. Seriously, people have been doing it since the first caveman. A pointy stick or a machete, and a blind corner, tips the odds dramatically in your favor against an intruder even if he's armed with a firearm.

Don't be 100% dependant on things that can be taken away. Learn to fight with what God gave you...
Let's role play. I'm a bad guy and I just watched the cops leave your home with all your guns and you are not left "without weapons". How do you stop me once I break in and start shooting?

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 13:44   #102
emt1581
Curious Member

Deleted

-Emt1581

Last edited by emt1581; 08-03-2011 at 16:45..
Old 08-03-2011, 13:51   #103
wjv

So maybe the first step in a natural disaster is to hide all of your guns and ammo, just leaving out 1-2 for the goon squad to find and confiscate.

If they say that their records show that you own more guns, just tell them that you have been un-employed for 6 months and sold all the other guns so you could pay your mortgage/rent. .

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 15:06   #104
Markasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Bagins View Post
+1

After what happened during Katrina, The house passed the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act (The Vitter Admendment) making gun grabbing during a disaster illegal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitter_Amendment

The problem was there was too many Chiefs, and way too many out of state Indians, during a major SHTF event.
That is a very good link, the question is what the results will ultimately be during the next disaster of this kind.
During Katrina martial law was not even declared - there will BE a next time, and if martial law is ordered, everything Congress upholds, including the second amendment, is instantly moot.
serious - probably better off to Hide em. A large PVC pipe and a lot of grease, and a sure-fire place to bury em. guns, what guns? Do YOU see any guns?

The only way they could find them is with metal detectors, and not beyond the realm of possibility! I work in automotive and the brake rotor machine generates pounds and pounds of ferrous metal dust that i have to throw away. Get the picture? 5 pounds of iron flakes and a good rain will make the metal detector guy just think your area has too much iron in the soil. If it doesn't, he'll have absolutely no idea where to dig.

Last edited by Markasaurus; 08-03-2011 at 15:10..
Markasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 16:04   #105
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markasaurus View Post
That is a very good link, the question is what the results will ultimately be during the next disaster of this kind.
During Katrina martial law was not even declared - there will BE a next time, and if martial law is ordered, everything Congress upholds, including the second amendment, is instantly moot.
serious - probably better off to Hide em. A large PVC pipe and a lot of grease, and a sure-fire place to bury em. guns, what guns? Do YOU see any guns?

The only way they could find them is with metal detectors, and not beyond the realm of possibility! I work in automotive and the brake rotor machine generates pounds and pounds of ferrous metal dust that i have to throw away. Get the picture? 5 pounds of iron flakes and a good rain will make the metal detector guy just think your area has too much iron in the soil. If it doesn't, he'll have absolutely no idea where to dig.
Awesome idea in theory but wouldn't it ruin the soil and kill all the grass?

Plus would it really compare to a huge hunk of metal like a slide/barrel/receiver?

I just have a hard time believing LE/Mil equipment can be fooled so easily.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Old 08-03-2011, 17:05   #106
glock_40_calibe
Glocks Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
See you REALLY didn't see those videos. The Posse Comitatis act of 1887 PROHIBITS using Federal troops, or those under Fed direction, of any police duties.
So you really didn't see the National Guard WORKING WITH POLICE TO CONFISCATE weapons. The Feds wouldn't ignore laws would they?
This may have been brought up already, if so please forgive me. National Guard troops belong to the STATES, not the Feds, unless directed by presidential order. That is why it was the National Guard, not the Reserves or active duty types in their official capacity in NOLA. The State is quite authorized to mobilize their National Guard troops to assist with natural disasters and civil disturbances. Prohibitions on what Federal troops can do cannot be applied to the National Guard unless they have been ordered by the president. Now, which units where sent to NOLA by presidential order? Several states sent troops of their own volition, or at the request of LA, but I have yet hear of any that were ordered by the feds.
"11. The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable."
[The Art of War]
glock_40_calibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 20:39   #107
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock_40_calibe View Post
This may have been brought up already, if so please forgive me. National Guard troops belong to the STATES, not the Feds, unless directed by presidential order. That is why it was the National Guard, not the Reserves or active duty types in their official capacity in NOLA. The State is quite authorized to mobilize their National Guard troops to assist with natural disasters and civil disturbances. Prohibitions on what Federal troops can do cannot be applied to the National Guard unless they have been ordered by the president. Now, which units where sent to NOLA by presidential order? Several states sent troops of their own volition, or at the request of LA, but I have yet hear of any that were ordered by the feds.

Don't confuse their arguments with facts, it spoils the fun.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:08   #108
RatDrall

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
How does this differ from tyranny?
It doesn't, that's the point. You are advocating violently resisting LE, and the point is that they have TOO MUCH POWER and no matter what you do, you will not win. Accept it, and stay out of their way while you fight to change things legally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
would there be a case once it was proved that the confiscators followed an illegal order? Kinda like a drug dealer calling the cops for theft of his product no?
See the Indiana case, where their Supreme Courth **** all over the 4th Amendment to the Consitution. You might have a case, but will be sharing a pod with the officers who violated your rights becaus the State will see you as just as bad a criminal for fighting back.

Last edited by RatDrall; 08-04-2011 at 06:08..
RatDrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:08   #109
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markasaurus View Post
Unless you perpetrate some serious crime that brings investigators to your home with a full bag of tools to collect evidence I can't envision any circumstance that would have agents searching your soil for guns.

Imagine for a moment the manpower that would be required to do a wholesale search of even a single state in that manner.

There is a fine line between contingency planning and full out paranoia. (I'm not calling you paranoid)

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 08-04-2011 at 07:09..
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 16:45   #110
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Unless you perpetrate some serious crime that brings investigators to your home with a full bag of tools to collect evidence I can't envision any circumstance that would have agents searching your soil for guns.

Imagine for a moment the manpower that would be required to do a wholesale search of even a single state in that manner.

There is a fine line between contingency planning and full out paranoia. (I'm not calling you paranoid)
This is what I was thinking to sans the paranoia comment...just because you're paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.

-Emt1581
Old 08-04-2011, 17:58   #111
glock_40_calibe
Glocks Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Don't confuse their arguments with facts, it spoils the fun.
You are right. I keep forgetting that small detail.
"11. The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable."
[The Art of War]
glock_40_calibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 13:06   #112
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Get to know your neighbors.

Try to get some on board with you to provide the neighborhood with security post SHTF if governmental LE is unable to.

You will have a much better chance of convincing gun-grabbing bureaucrats that they should ply their trade elsewhere if you have sufficient manpower and firepower and your neighborhood looks "secure".

One guy with an AR, no big deal. A dozen men with long guns...might have second thoughts.

Peace through superior firepower.

Regards,
Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 08-07-2011 at 13:55..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote