Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-27-2011, 21:09   #1
tglynn

Sig Nitron w/rail vs. SA Loaded

I am considering buying one of these. They differ some from each other.

Sig: External extactor, accessory rail, little different slide "shape".

SA: What I would call a normal 1911. This one has factory tritium sights, ambi safety, full length guide rod.

I have owned an shot plenty of SA 1911's and I like them. I have never fired a Sig 1911, but I am thinking of giving it a try.

Does any one have any experience with these Sig 1911's?

Thanks in advance for the information.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:56   #2
majette

compare apples to apples, sig vs. sa operator.
majette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:44   #3
lsbbigdog

SA Loaded. I believe all Sig 1911 have firing pin safety's also (80 series)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
lsbbigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:47   #4
knedrgr

SA Operator FTW if you want a rail. If not, I go SA Range Officer.
COTEFT #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:18   #5
silversport

Nitron is not the model but the finish...however SiG makes it confusing with all the names...anyway...but for the extras...all SiG 1911 types are the same...just add the options...Nitron???...front strap checkering???...ambi-safety???...night sights???...

I'll bet the SiG will be at least the equal to the Loaded...depending on what extras you get on your particular model (usually reflected in the price)...and I'll bet you won't go wrong with either purchase...good luck with your choice.

Bill
silversport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:35   #6
Hokie1911
><><><><><

One company has been making 1911s for a long time. The other hasn't. I'd stick with tried and true.
Hokie1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:11   #7
skdmrklcy
Duck and Cover

I like the SIG 1911s myself. I used to have a SIG GSR C3 and it was a great gun.

That said if I was going to have one of those two and was not going to use the rail I would go SA. If you really want a rail the Operator is much nicer gun... it also costs more so it is not a fair comparison to the Sig.
skdmrklcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:14   #8
MD357

I owned a Sig Target model for a brief period. It was really well made IMO and was a great shooter. Personally I'd take the Sig over the SA any day of the week.
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:39   #9
bac1023

Normally, I would say Springfield. However, under a grand, I prefer the Sig 1911s. I'm not much of a Loaded fan.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:41   #10
tglynn

Options

I guess the only thing that I really like about the sig is the finish and the rail, which I will probably never use, and the fact that it was stated all Sig are the same base. It only has 3 dot combat sights. Whereas the SA has trijicons, ambi safety. I guess I was just thinking of the uniqueness of the Sig since no one I shoot with has a Sig.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:19   #11
Hokie1911
><><><><><

In that pricerange...I like the Springfield RO. Personally not a fan of the Loaded.
Hokie1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 16:53   #12
HAIL CAESAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
I owned a Sig Target model for a brief period. It was really well made IMO and was a great shooter. Personally I'd take the Sig over the SA any day of the week.
I have the same sediments. I have owned 4 Sig 1911's and many Springfield's.
HAIL CAESAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 19:23   #13
custom2

Send a message via AIM to custom2
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversport View Post
Nitron is not the model but the finish...however SiG makes it confusing with all the names...anyway...but for the extras...all SiG 1911 types are the same...just add the options...Nitron???...front strap checkering???...ambi-safety???...night sights???...

I'll bet the SiG will be at least the equal to the Loaded...depending on what extras you get on your particular model (usually reflected in the price)...and I'll bet you won't go wrong with either purchase...good luck with your choice.

Bill

Incorrect. Sig Nitron Rail is the model name for black railed guns with night sites, wood grips and a lanyard loop mainspring housing.

Here is my take on Sig VS Springfield, or more like what a deal Sig 1911's really are.

With the Sig you get a forged stainless steel frame, a 1 pc barrel, a TOOL STEEL hammer and sear, polished disconnector (MIM) (Springfields get all MIM ignition parts), one of the best firearms coatings in the firearms coating business and you get a really accurate gun.(Not saying Springfields aren't accurate)

If you could see a Sig 1911 VS a Springfield taken apart and next to each other on your bench, buying the Sig would be an easy decision.

Some people who know me might say I am biased in my opinion, but I don't even own a Sig 1911 but I have handled literally thousands of them.

Springfield makes a nice gun and is a great base to start a custom project with but the Sig is a better gun as is.

Last edited by custom2; 07-28-2011 at 19:30..
custom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 19:28   #14
custom2

Send a message via AIM to custom2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tglynn View Post
I guess the only thing that I really like about the sig is the finish and the rail, which I will probably never use, and the fact that it was stated all Sig are the same base. It only has 3 dot combat sights. Whereas the SA has trijicons, ambi safety. I guess I was just thinking of the uniqueness of the Sig since no one I shoot with has a Sig.

Sig Nitron Railed guns come with night sights. Maybe you were thinking of the Tac Pac rail which only comes with white dot sights.

If you want a gun with night sights and an ambi safety, get a Tac Ops. It also comes standard with an extended magwell mainspring housing. It will also most likely still cost less than the Springfield.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:29   #15
silversport

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom2 View Post
Incorrect. Sig Nitron Rail is the model name for black railed guns with night sites, wood grips and a lanyard loop mainspring housing.

Here is my take on Sig VS Springfield, or more like what a deal Sig 1911's really are.

With the Sig you get a forged stainless steel frame, a 1 pc barrel, a TOOL STEEL hammer and sear, polished disconnector (MIM) (Springfields get all MIM ignition parts), one of the best firearms coatings in the firearms coating business and you get a really accurate gun.(Not saying Springfields aren't accurate)

If you could see a Sig 1911 VS a Springfield taken apart and next to each other on your bench, buying the Sig would be an easy decision.

Some people who know me might say I am biased in my opinion, but I don't even own a Sig 1911 but I have handled literally thousands of them.

Springfield makes a nice gun and is a great base to start a custom project with but the Sig is a better gun as is.
see what I mean about the names...now Nitron is the name of the model too...

Bill

Last edited by silversport; 07-29-2011 at 05:31..
silversport is online now   Reply With Quote