Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:38   #1
gunsite
CLM Number 227
Charter Lifetime Member

Protecting Your Kids In Social Networks

if you’re a parent with limited time who worries about your child’s safety in Social Networks, yet wants to give them some privacy here's an option you could look into for your computer...

http://is.gd/7OQs8c

Find Me In Google Plus
Old 07-28-2011, 17:46   #2
Linux3

The Internet was invented by adults for adults.
If your kids have problems with content well, watch them and / or keep them off the computer.

Sorry, I don't really mean to be a jerk but I am really tired of people who want to dumb down the Internet for the sake of their kids. Just say NO!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 19:28   #3
captainstormy

Send a message via ICQ to captainstormy Send a message via AIM to captainstormy Send a message via Yahoo to captainstormy
I gotta agree. Some websites can be kid friendly sure, but the internet never will be. Especially social networking. Its the digital version of a bar. Software will never be a replacement for good parenting.

I'm not sure why some parents think everywhere needs to be kid friendly. Perfect example:

I have a buddy who owns a small cigar shop. I'm not a regular employee of his but I've been known to help him out from time to time since he knows I know my way around a business and cigars. He had to go out of town unexpectedly last month for a family emergency so I ended up replacing him Friday night - Sunday.

Sunday afternoon, about 2pm or so this lady pokes her head into the door way (which was open, the weather was nice) and asks to see the manager. So I go out there. Shes holding the hand of a little boy. I dunno much about kids so I can't guess the age but he was about knee high to her.

She then explains to me how its horrible that the store is filled with smoke and how on earth was she suppose to take her kid into a place like that.

I flat out told her, "Well Mame, your not. This is a business for adults. Everything in the store we sell aside from accessories has a legal age limit of 18 and most of our customers like to have a casual smoke in the store and talk."

She then proceeded to rant about how we were dumping poison into her child's air and stormed off.

Obviously, that Lady is crazy and not typical. My point is though, not everyplace is kid safe. Social networking sites included.