Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-04-2011, 20:24   #1
ronduke

B.P. Agent Brian Terry

U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry: Semper Fidelis & Honor First
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0jTJq_VfS8

I know that it was found that the gun(s) that killed Officer Terry were involved in the ATF Fast and Furious sting. Does anybody remember if he was the BP agent that had to use a bean bag round to respond to deadly force or was that another agent?
ronduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 20:28   #2
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronduke View Post
U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry: Semper Fidelis & Honor First
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0jTJq_VfS8

I know that it was found that the gun(s) that killed Officer Terry were involved in the ATF Fast and Furious sting. Does anybody remember if he was the BP agent that had to use a bean bag round to respond to deadly force or was that another agent?
He was, but he was not the only one.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:37   #3
Unistat

If I remember correctly Agent Terry's group was on a different operation and either stumbled upon or were ambushed by the BGs. The bean bag rounds were for the original operation.

I could be remembering wrong or it could be that was just one of the "theories" or "spin" I remember.

A thanks to the Agents in the Border Patrol for the hard and undervalued work you do everyday.

Get some, 963!

Last edited by Unistat; 08-05-2011 at 06:41..
Unistat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:56   #4
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

No, you remember wrong, perhaps because you're trying to inject common sense into a criminally stupid situation.

Terry and the BORSTAR crew were sent into Peck Canyon in search of a group of armed robbers who were preying on illegals making the trip north. They were the ambushers. They were mandated to use less-lethal in their initial contact and attempts to apprehend the AK-toting felons. Who signed off on ordered the criminally negligent ROE has not yet been revealed, and I'm blaming Napalitono, since BORSTAR is not a Sector asset.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:59   #5
Unistat

Thanks for the clarification. The whole situation is a Charlie Foxtrot, even before all the Fast and Furious info came out. It's heartbreaking and infuriating all at the same time.

Last edited by Unistat; 08-05-2011 at 13:13..
Unistat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:40   #6
i8547
Without Equal

Brian was BORTAC, not BORSTAR.

Last edited by i8547; 08-05-2011 at 11:40..
i8547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 14:38   #7
Glock22C

Send a message via AIM to Glock22C
from what i heard is that the FBI ballistic results neither proved or disproved that the 2 AK47s were used to kill him, since the bullet was so badly damaged, but it was certain that it came from a rifle.
Glock22C is offline   Reply With Quote