Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-07-2011, 20:49   #1
LarryD1130

Which one of these compound bows should I get?

I want to get into archery and I don't know which bow to buy. I don't know if I should spend the extra $100 or not and I also don't know if I want to get the ready-to-hunt package or buy everything seperately. The two I were looking at are the:

Bear Charge:
http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/b...mpound/charge/

Bear Strike:
http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/b...mpound/strike/
LarryD1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 20:59   #2
nighteye

Try a used bow ready to go...will save a chunk of money till u figure out what u really like. I bought a 5 yr old Hoyt for $300 that shoots just as good as my buddies $1200 bowtec. I'll prolly stick with it for a few years...good luck....
nighteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 15:34   #3
LarryD1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighteye View Post
Try a used bow ready to go...will save a chunk of money till u figure out what u really like. I bought a 5 yr old Hoyt for $300 that shoots just as good as my buddies $1200 bowtec. I'll prolly stick with it for a few years...good luck....
Yeah I might just do that. I'll probably go today and check some out.
LarryD1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 19:12   #4
Usingmyrights
Jr Member

Send a message via AIM to Usingmyrights

5fps is nothing. So if its based on speed alone, then I don't see $100 difference. However, the nicer of the two does have string stops which will allow you to leave over string silencers and still have a quiter bow. This will translate to more than 5fps total, unless the 5fps is figuring on string silencers. Both have very forgiving brace heights, which is a good thing for a new shooter. ATA is short, which is good when walking through brush, or shooting out of treestand that doesn't have an open front. However shorter ATA bows tend to show shooter errors more than longer axel bows (everything else being equal). The one with the stops is a bit heavier. If you had another $100 to spend, then you really start getting into some nicer bows. I'd go over to archerytalk (the glocktalk of archery) and check out what they're saying about those bows over there and check out their for sale forum. You can probably end up with a decent bow pretty cheap, as some of those guys are always upgrading.
Usingmyrights is offline   Reply With Quote