Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:24   #1
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

What May Happen Here In The U.S.

http://ireport.cnn.com/open-story.js...591#DOC-649936

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/08/10...html?hpt=hp_c2

Riots in London, Is this a sign of whats to come here in the United States? This country is beginning to break apart at the seams and all the government and the bleeding heart librals are worried about is how we can feed the people of Somalia and Kenya.....Seriously???? Let Bono, Cher, Clooney, Penn and all the rest of the Hollywood weenies feed them with their millions of dollars. I don't know about you folks but I don't want my tax dollars going to another countries problems when we have our own we can't afford.

Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 08-11-2011 at 03:51..
TangoFoxtrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:13   #2
medicguy94

I am quite certain that our "disadvantaged" youths can out-riot their British counterparts in terms of property looted, property destroyed, lives lost and lives messed up.
medicguy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:29   #3
certifiedfunds
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicguy94 View Post
I am quite certain that our "disadvantaged" youths can out-riot their British counterparts in terms of property looted, property destroyed, lives lost and lives messed up.
Agreed. We have the best rioters on the globe.

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:31   #4
Dexters

It is more likely to happen in inner cities in the USA. People that riot want large crowds and being anonymous. Look for where past riots happened and those are the most likely places.

Is it possible they jump in cars and attack people outside the city? Possible but not probable.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:32   #5
JK-linux

An interesting part with the London riots this time, is that they are occurring in suburban London. The rioters are more mobile and are actually traveling to other places to riot and loot. They aren't just burning down their own neighborhoods. I have a friend/co-worker from London who's family is in North West London, and they are grateful it's still mostly quiet there.
JK-linux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:33   #6
rhikdavis
U.S. Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to rhikdavis Send a message via Skype™ to rhikdavis
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Agreed. We have the best rioters on the globe.

"This thread didn't take long to go full retard." -Nevermore1701
rhikdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 13:25   #7
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexters View Post
It is more likely to happen in inner cities in the USA. People that riot want large crowds and being anonymous. Look for where past riots happened and those are the most likely places.

Is it possible they jump in cars and attack people outside the city? Possible but not probable.
I do think you may have issue in the suburbs as well. Not full blown riots, but with Flash mob and assaults on business and suburban homes in the "nice neighborhoods"

In Philly at least it seems that the flash mobs are not attacking people in their own neighborhood , but traveling a few miles to do their dirty work. To give you an example, a suburban McMansion development, the main street loops in a circle and the lighting is poor. Middle of the night EVERY SINGLE VEHICLE parked outside is hit by a pack of teens. Any Money, Credit Cards, Small electronics, or GUNS in the cars are taken. A neighborhood teenager coming home late from a party is also assaulted by the pack. In the suburban development you may get a local patrol car drive thru maybe once or twice a night, and if they do make contact with the pack, they will either hide in the dark as the vehicle drives by, or they will scatter like roaches if seen in the light.

This is already happen in some suburbs here. It not just big city kids, but kids from those "bad" smaller cities and towns, and even gangs of secton 8 apartment complexes. The problem is at some point they will step up the game. Maybe daytime hit and run home invasions, maybe just wilding thru your suburban mall or street as a show of force, robbing and beating any male and robbing and tearing the clothes off of any female that crosses thier path. Its actually better for them to trying something like that in the Burbs then in the city, because a lack of resistance from limited cops, less witnesses, more liberal and passive suburban people, and bigger scores.

If they can't get a handle on now, and nip it in the bud, this is going to get ugly.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 13:29   #8
GeorgiaGlockMan
Aggie in Exile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-linux View Post
An interesting part with the London riots this time, is that they are occurring in suburban London. The rioters are more mobile and are actually traveling to other places to riot and loot. They aren't just burning down their own neighborhoods. I have a friend/co-worker from London who's family is in North West London, and they are grateful it's still mostly quiet there.
Criminals have found out along time ago that traveling out of their imediate AO is a "good" thing for them.

Where I live, we get lots of those types from atlanta (not saying we don't have our own home grown).

There will be more of this 'exporting crime think' as our society continues to crumble.
Old 08-11-2011, 13:55   #9
Dexters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Bagins View Post
I do think you may have issue in the suburbs as well. Not full blown riots, but with Flash mob and assaults on business and suburban homes in the "nice neighborhoods"

In Philly at least it seems that the flash mobs are not attacking people in their own neighborhood , but traveling a few miles to do their dirty work. To give you an example, a suburban McMansion development, the main street loops in a circle and the lighting is poor. Middle of the night EVERY SINGLE VEHICLE parked outside is hit by a pack of teens. Any Money, Credit Cards, Small electronics, or GUNS in the cars are taken. A neighborhood teenager coming home late from a party is also assaulted by the pack. In the suburban development you may get a local patrol car drive thru maybe once or twice a night, and if they do make contact with the pack, they will either hide in the dark as the vehicle drives by, or they will scatter like roaches if seen in the light.

This is already happen in some suburbs here. It not just big city kids, but kids from those "bad" smaller cities and towns, and even gangs of secton 8 apartment complexes. The problem is at some point they will step up the game. Maybe daytime hit and run home invasions, maybe just wilding thru your suburban mall or street as a show of force, robbing and beating any male and robbing and tearing the clothes off of any female that crosses thier path. Its actually better for them to trying something like that in the Burbs then in the city, because a lack of resistance from limited cops, less witnesses, more liberal and passive suburban people, and bigger scores.

If they can't get a handle on now, and nip it in the bud, this is going to get ugly.
I can see that happening. Strange as it might sound I think the availability of public transportation is needed. They don't have a lot of personal vehicles and I don't think car jacking works to get a large mob from point a to point b.

Does the suburb you mention have public transport?
Old 08-11-2011, 15:43   #10
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

I think it depends a lot on the neighborhood where I live. We have minority enclaves and large, mostly white, redneck areas where you would have to be an idiot to start this kind of trouble. Not that they aren't idiots... but there is a limit.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 16:45   #11
Akita
gone

Give us Americans the green flag and we can stop a criminal mob in a flash. Just look what a handful of motivated Korean/American shop owners can do without even firing a shot.
Akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 16:57   #12
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akita View Post
Give us Americans the green flag and we can stop a criminal mob in a flash.
Just as I thought. The criminal mobs are environmentalists.

Last edited by Bolster; 08-11-2011 at 16:57..
Bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 17:14   #13
cowboy1964

Certain areas of the country will not see the same intensity/scale of riots, mobs, etc, that others will. A red states/blue states map of the country is a good starting point.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 17:19   #14
jdavionic
NRA Member

Feeding people in Somalia is the equivalent of the MSM saying "look, a puppy"

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 18:12   #15
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Feeding people in Somalia is the equivalent of the MSM saying "look, a puppy"

Feed a Somali....

..so he can grow up to his potential!

Possibly more #@%$^@ Pirate Scum!

Or maybe an underwear bomber!

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"

Last edited by LongGun1; 08-11-2011 at 18:30..
LongGun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 18:53   #16
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-linux View Post

Look at what the knuckleheads did in LA years back...Burned down and looted their own town over the Rodney King BS. How dumb could you be????? If irate people need this kind of mayhem and destruction over unemployment, economy or whatever, do it in the hoods of congressman and senators in Georgetown DC who cause their misery and maybe they would get more public support.

Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 08-13-2011 at 20:16..
Old 08-11-2011, 18:53   #17
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGun1 View Post

Feed a Somali....

..so he can grow up to his potential!

Possibly more #@%$^@ Pirate Scum!

Or maybe an underwear bomber!

Yes LG1 you said that out loud...
Old 08-11-2011, 21:58   #18
Akita
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
Just as I thought. The criminal mobs are environmentalists.

Akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 22:37   #19
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
Yes LG1 you said that out loud...

Oh my gosh...must have not taken my meds today...

..& my Tourette's syndrome is flaring up again!

Oops...my bad....I don't really have Tourette's..

..& my tolerance for modern day treasonous diversity nonsense is at an all time low!

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"
LongGun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 21:22   #20
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Feeding Somalis is a worthy endeavor. They end up giving our navy boys good targets to shoot at.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote