SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:03   #1
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

People At Their Worst During Our SHTF Emergency

Already the BS is starting! Thousands of people evacuated from their homes, a lot of low lieing areas homes were already washed away. A major river inches from going over the dike system and the thugs are out robbing empty homes. These are the type of low rent low life bastards who need to be gunned down like ferrel dogs.

I live in the outter burbs on high ground and a friend called about the low lifes coming into our hood just driving around looking for whatever. Good! Come by my house I have something for them
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:19   #2
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Its 05:16 and the river levels are holding but the police scanner is still busy with a few reports of looting of empty homes...seriously...WTF!!!

I watch other folks helping their neighbors during this crisis seeing the "Good" in people , then you see the human trash out robbing folks when their down and out.

Last edited by TangoFoxtrot; 09-09-2011 at 03:26..
Old 09-09-2011, 05:01   #3
jdavionic
NRA Member

Unfortunately this is more common than not. In a disaster, it seems there are few places in this country where looting is just unheard of.

Stay safe.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:44   #4
Stevekozak
Returning video

Load the 870 and the AR, and think happy thoughts! Good luck!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:51   #5
Vic777

We can learn from the Japanese and how they behaved after the earthquake. They should have everything rebuilt by now.

Last edited by Vic777; 09-09-2011 at 05:52..
Vic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:57   #6
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic777 View Post
We can learn from the Japanese and how they behaved after the earthquake. They should have everything rebuilt by now.
Unfortunately we learn from our own government's expansion of creating dependencies on others to provide for ourselves. No need to work...the government will take from the rich and give us what we need. When disaster strikes, just take what you need from those that have it. That's the new American way.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:27   #7
eracer
Where's my EBT?

I've been renting for a while, waiting to sell a piece of commercial property that will net me a nice profit. When I buy my new house, I will install shatter-proof windows, metal hurricane shutters, reinforced doors, and any other anti-thug devices I can think of

I'm far more worried about criminals than I am about hurricanes.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:20   #8
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Unfortunately we learn from our own government's expansion of creating dependencies on others to provide for ourselves. No need to work...the government will take from the rich and give us what we need. When disaster strikes, just take what you need from those that have it. That's the new American way.
Ain't that the truth.

Nobody seems to notice the dwindling number of "rich" or comprehend that they won't always be there for squeezing.

Last edited by Bolster; 09-09-2011 at 08:21..
Bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 15:26   #9
Akita
gone

Quote:
Unfortunately there's a huge 3rd world demographic in America right now.
Akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 17:17   #10
Alchemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akita View Post
Unfortunately there's a huge 3rd world demographic in America right now.

And getting larger all the time.
Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 17:24   #11
Last Knight

Why wouldn't the scum loot? Most people are gone, leaving their valuables behind, and the police are unlikely to come out in response to a burglary of an empty house. Free stuff for the taking, until the conditions prove too much for them, or they stumble across an armed homeowner with no tolerance for their shenanigans.

Here's hoping we see more looters, preferably floating facedown somewhere downstream.
Stand up and bring the ship down!"
~Leslie Fish, "Flight 93"
Last Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 17:28   #12
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by eracer View Post
I've been renting for a while, waiting to sell a piece of commercial property that will net me a nice profit. When I buy my new house, I will install shatter-proof windows, metal hurricane shutters, reinforced doors, and any other anti-thug devices I can think of

I'm far more worried about criminals than I am about hurricanes.
The only problem I see with shatter proof windows is if you get trapped by a fire you would have a hard time getting out, if you couldn't get the widow unlocked or open
Dalton Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 17:36   #13
Jeepnik

Quote:
True, but we gave them plenty of "practice" sixty odd years ago.
But it seems they didn't learn the lessons regarding radioactive substances.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:26   #14
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Knight View Post
Why wouldn't the scum loot? Most people are gone, leaving their valuables behind, and the police are unlikely to come out in response to a burglary of an empty house. Free stuff for the taking, until the conditions prove too much for them, or they stumble across an armed homeowner with no tolerance for their shenanigans.

Here's hoping we see more looters, preferably floating facedown somewhere downstream.
Its pure madness here. The police are short handed, the national guard has their hands tied because no marshal law was inacted...so the scumbags roam free. With the river at 42' its easy to just dump their corpse and let it take a ride down stream with the rest of the trash.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:10   #15
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Whn the tordano wiped out a chunk of Joplin, MO a lot of people went doen to help.

A lot of people went down to steal, too.

Even some of the helpers (firemen from a different city) helped themselves to peoples' stuff.

Sometimes I wonder what the USA is coming to.

Good luck TF.
Old 09-10-2011, 13:35   #16
Aceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
JD, as much as i agree with much of your comments, seriously? Get real...

There are low lifes who take everywhere. Looting is about zero moral fiber. Not the Governement.

Here is a tip: A lot of the rich got that way by STEALING, taking advantage of you, me, and everyone.

It just has a much more personal and immediate impact when you see the guy going into your house. Haliburton and Cheney stole more from your pocket than you can imagine - more than all the looters in all disasters you have ever seen.

And as was mentioned above - even the first responders are not immune...

Bad people are bad people, plain and simple. You find them everywhere. They are born that way, they are raised that way. They succeed until they are caught and then they make excuses.

Last edited by Aceman; 09-10-2011 at 13:36..
Aceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 20:33   #17
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton Wayne View Post
The only problem I see with shatter proof windows is if you get trapped by a fire you would have a hard time getting out, if you couldn't get the widow unlocked or open
That's a valid argument against them, for sure. Hadn't thought of that.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 21:07   #18
Carry16

Sadly you are quite correct. I was hit by a tornado 5 years ago and lost many items to the people hired to pack up and move our posessions. One was even a volunteer fireman from a nearby town - caught him myself stealing our stuff. Trust yourself only. Be particularly cautious of the companies that specialize in clean up from fire or storm damage - they will pad hours and rip you at every opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Whn the tordano wiped out a chunk of Joplin, MO a lot of people went doen to help.

Carry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:37   #19
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
JD, as much as i agree with much of your comments, seriously? Get real...

There are low lifes who take everywhere. Looting is about zero moral fiber. Not the Governement.

Here is a tip: A lot of the rich got that way by STEALING, taking advantage of you, me, and everyone.

It just has a much more personal and immediate impact when you see the guy going into your house. Haliburton and Cheney stole more from your pocket than you can imagine - more than all the looters in all disasters you have ever seen.

And as was mentioned above - even the first responders are not immune...

Bad people are bad people, plain and simple. You find them everywhere. They are born that way, they are raised that way. They succeed until they are caught and then they make excuses.
I think you took this further than it was intended. I was commenting on some of what is behind looter mentality, not stealing in general. I've seen theft at all walks of life. However, the mentality behind looting is different. Yes, stealing is stealing and it happens in all spectrums of society. However that was not the issue in this thread.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:56   #20
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post

Even some of the helpers (firemen from a different city) helped themselves to peoples' stuff.

Sometimes I wonder what the USA is coming to.

Good luck TF.
The same thing happened in Greensburg Kansas when it was hit by an F-5 tornado. Some of the looters that were busted were LEO's and National Guardsmen.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote