Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:32   #1
Hawaiiglock

First gen Glock 19 value?

What would one expect to pay (if you could find one) for a true first gen 19? Lets say in "used but not abused" condition? I've searched the forums and Google, most threads are people who think they have first gens but are early second gens. Thanks!
Hawaiiglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:37   #2
Aux Bear

Send a message via ICQ to Aux Bear
MMMmmmm.

I gave $300 for mine a couple months ago. Like new condition, never been upgraded. Safe queen. And I still haven't shot it either! Aargh!
Aux Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 00:03   #3
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiglock View Post
What would one expect to pay (if you could find one) for a true first gen 19? Lets say in "used but not abused" condition? I've searched the forums and Google, most threads are people who think they have first gens but are early second gens. Thanks!
That is a REALLY tough question. I've heard anywhere from 6 to a couple-dozen were made. Some guys at the GCA said that they could only document 6 actual serial numbers, so even if you've found a seventh one, it's no question these are REALLY rare. Those situations drive price based on market conditions out the window...

I would also say condition would have little bearing on driving the price DOWN (but one that is NIB would probably drive the price higher).

I think ultimately, the price would depend on the venue. Private sale, and the person doesn't know what they have? You may get it for a song, if you paid NIB price for a Glock (~$500)... At an advertised auction where GCA members have been told about it, it could go into five figures. (I've seen one-of-a-kind collectible Glocks go for this, such as the 1-millionth Glock...)

I want to buy your commemorative Glock! Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 00:07   #4
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Also, one other thing - Make sure you do your research. I've seen some "grip-reduction jobs" on G-19s with early serial numbers that confused some people. Not saying the original owner was trying to rip anyone off - just that this "First-Generation G-19" craze leads people to unwarranted conclusions and speculation, so be wary.

There is a thread here in the collector's corner showing some pics of a verified genuine first-generation G-19. Look those over closely before going to see the Glock in question.

Is this Glock in Hawaii?? It would be interesting to hear the story of how it got there...

I want to buy your commemorative Glock! Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:37   #5
Hawaiiglock

Thanks for the info 10mm. No fist gen 19's in Hawaii that I know of. I like the feel of the first gen grip and the size of the 19, didn't realize there were only 5 or 6 in the USA. I'll just add it to the list of "guns I'd love to own but probably never will". It's quite a long list
Hawaiiglock is offline   Reply With Quote