Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:31   #1
Fred G

Holster for Glock 30S

Picked up a new G30S yesterday after waiting to find one locally for 8-9 months. I am having a hard time finding a holster made for the 30S. A couple of manufacturers claim to have a holster for it but I prefer leather to Kydex. Had one custom maker tell me the G30, G30SF, and the G30S were all the same, but I am having a hard time with that. The G30S uses a 30SF receiver with the G36 slide which is only 1 inch in width per the 2014 Glock annual. Suggestions for a holster anyone?
Fred G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:39   #2
viper144

RDR holster, Blade Tech and X-concealment
KK #144
"Not all you Wonder are Lost"
"You're never Lost if you don't care where you are"
viper144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:39   #3
echo-76

I'm thrilled with my SHTF hybrid I bought on Amazon.
echo-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:47   #4
BamaBud
NRA Life Member

Rodek holsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G View Post
Picked up a new G30S yesterday after waiting to find one locally for 8-9 months. I am having a hard time finding a holster made for the 30S. A couple of manufacturers claim to have a holster for it but I prefer leather to Kydex. Had one custom maker tell me the G30, G30SF, and the G30S were all the same, but I am having a hard time with that. The G30S uses a 30SF receiver with the G36 slide which is only 1 inch in width per the 2014 Glock annual. Suggestions for a holster anyone?
I'm having the same problem. Ed Rodek at Rodek Leather Works made me one from a G30 mold, but it is too loose. He's ordering a G30S mold right now, to try and rectify the problem.

I think I'll have a new one in a few weeks, so I'll update then.

Ed has been good to work with. His holsters are nice quality and relatively inexpensive for leather owb holsters. I got the pancake style.

http://www.rodekleather.com/site-map/belts

NRA Life Member

Last edited by BamaBud; 12-15-2014 at 08:53.. Reason: added website
BamaBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:03   #5
xmanhockey7

Many holster manufacturers seem to be lazy about producing G30S holsters from that specific mold. They think they can get away with a G19 mold or G30. My Galco King Tuk fits the well, but is hard to get a good draw from because the gun wants to stay in the holster. I ordered an appendix holster through JM Custom and they offer a G30S holster. Given their quality, I expect it to be a great fit.
Old 12-15-2014, 15:49   #6
AH.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper144 View Post
RDR holster, Blade Tech and X-concealment
I know the OP said he prefers leather, but I must say my X-Con series c is the best OWB holster I have found in several years of trying many- and some of those being from the big-name makers.

The 30S fits the one I had been using for my 26 and 19 as if it was also made for it. I was pleasantly surprised and it was a big plus to be able to use the same holster for all.

I just really like the way it rides on the belt, tucks the guns in close and the speed and smoothness of the draw is the best.
AH.74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 17:08   #7
Papa Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G View Post
I use a Raven Concealment holster for my 30s. A great choice, can be worn inside or outside waist band.
Papa Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 17:59   #8
Ylager

I just received my Crossbreed Super Slide for OWB'ing my 30s. It's horsehide with Kydex. Very comfortable with good retention. I wear it at 4 o'clock. For IWB, I'm using my N82 Original Tuckable that I also use for my Gen3 G19 A good gun belt is essential.
Old 12-16-2014, 13:17   #9
PatinAz

I use IWB holsters exclusively. I've been using a Galco King Tuk designed for a Sig P229. It fits the P229, my G30s, P220 perfectly. It's a 3in1, very functional for me.

WORK HARDER-MILLIONS ON WELFARE DEPEND ON IT.
PatinAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 15:02   #10
Fred G

Thanks for the suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will check these out and see what I come up with. Thanks!
Fred G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:58   #11
viper144

You might try El Paso Saddlery, may take awhile, but they will come up with one of leather.
KK #144
"Not all you Wonder are Lost"
"You're never Lost if you don't care where you are"
viper144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:26   #12
BADOS

I tried a number of different holsters and styles of carrying for my 30S. Because of my build, I find the IWB to be uncomfortable after a while. The best fitting, most comfortable holster so far for me is the OWB Galco "Conceilable." Also, all my other Glocks fit in it as well. It hugs my hip tight, can wear it driving and is comfortable all day. The only negative is that you can't wear a tight shirt in the warm weather unless it's 2 sizes larger or you get some printing. I'm starting to care less about that.
Oops...the G21 won't fit.
Glock 30S; Gen3

Last edited by BADOS; 12-18-2014 at 08:27..
BADOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:29   #13
silverdet

I can tell you that my G30S fits in my G23 leather holsters with no problem.

Last edited by silverdet; 12-18-2014 at 08:29..
silverdet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 18:38   #14
G36shooter

I use my Glock Sport/Combat holster for mine
G36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 22:02   #15
gunsmoke92

FredG, are you looking for IWB or a belt holster? Another suggestion for IWB would be the Bianchi 3S made for the Glock 23\19. Very good holsters!
S&W Club #92, Snubbie club #92, The 21 Club #92, The Big Dawg club #1992
gunsmoke92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:47   #16
BamaBud
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBud View Post
I'm having the same problem. Ed Rodek at Rodek Leather Works made me one from a G30 mold, but it is too loose. He's ordering a G30S mold right now, to try and rectify the problem.

I think I'll have a new one in a few weeks, so I'll update then.

Ed has been good to work with. His holsters are nice quality and relatively inexpensive for leather owb holsters. I got the pancake style.

http://www.rodekleather.com/site-map/belts
Ed emailed that he received the 30S dummy gun and was surprised at how narrow the slide was, compared to the 30.

He's working on making my order. I'll update when received.

NRA Life Member
BamaBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:39   #17
Chop Suey

A holster is probably the most intimate piece of gear that you are going to wear. Don't settle for less than perfect. That means perfect for "you".

Many years ago I came to the conclusion that Sparks' VM2 holster works for the guns I choose to carry. I have more than a few. They are worth waiting for and worth the price.

Last VM2 I ordered was for a G36. Called to order being ready and willing to endure the wait(as I have done many times). They said,"Oh,we have one of those in stock,in horsehide if that would be OK." YippeAyohkiyay!(sp?) Had it in about 4 days! Woo Hoo!

Sure I keep trying new and/or different brands/models but have always come back to the VM2. The guys at Sparks are the best IMHO. Both in quality of product and professional demeanor.

I guess some people don't like the VM2. It has to be a model/style that fits your own personal needs.

Keep trying different holsters til you find "the one". Then sell of whatever don't work for you.

PS:I have sold off some Sparks holster models that weren't right for me. I gave them a good long try before deciding.

Last edited by Chop Suey; 12-19-2014 at 11:41..
Chop Suey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 21:32   #18
Teecher45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Suey View Post
A holster is probably the most intimate piece of gear that you are going to wear. Don't settle for less than perfect. That means perfect for "you".

Many years ago I came to the conclusion that Sparks' VM2 holster works for the guns I choose to carry. I have more than a few. They are worth waiting for and worth the price.

Last VM2 I ordered was for a G36. Called to order being ready and willing to endure the wait(as I have done many times). They said,"Oh,we have one of those in stock,in horsehide if that would be OK." YippeAyohkiyay!(sp?) Had it in about 4 days! Woo Hoo!

Sure I keep trying new and/or different brands/models but have always come back to the VM2. The guys at Sparks are the best IMHO. Both in quality of product and professional demeanor.

I guess some people don't like the VM2. It has to be a model/style that fits your own personal needs.

Keep trying different holsters til you find "the one". Then sell of whatever don't work for you.

PS:I have sold off some Sparks holster models that weren't right for me. I gave them a good long try before deciding.
Absolutely agree 100%. Milt Sparks is the best holsters I have ever used. I happen to have a Nexus on order for my G19. Some don't like holsters like the MS for a Glock. To which I say "Try it". Everyone should try one, at least once. I promise if you don't like it you won't have any problems getting rid of it.
In the meantime I've been carrying a hybrid from www.theisholsters.com
Great hybrid holster.

Last edited by Teecher45; 12-19-2014 at 21:49..
Teecher45 is offline   Reply With Quote