Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-22-2011, 13:32   #1
SJ 40

Vegas Gun shop Raid including USAF personnel

Police,FBI,ATF and USAF personnel raid Vegas gun shop.http://www.8newsnow.com/story/153001...and-safe-store Anyone else see a problem with the use of USAF being involved,What Constitution! SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 18:01   #2
squiddie545

at first glance, I had a similar reaction. although it appears to be an alphabet soup of federal agencies - the AF component most likely came from AF OSI - I believe they have investigative/arrest powers that affect the Air force. if you have active duty AF airmen at the raid - hmmm - that would make for an interesting development.
squiddie545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 18:27   #3
barnettbill

The AF agency was the OSI and yes they are able to make arests and such off base if USAF property or personel are involved. They are considered federal agents in such a case.
The Big Dawg's Club #1324
Thin to win - G36 Club #48
Kalashnikov Klub #1337
Kel-Tec Club #88
G-36, PF-9,P-3AT, Romanian WASR 10/63, Kimber 1911 TLE II Stainless
barnettbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:20   #4
LoadToadBoss
IYAAYWOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettbill View Post
The AF agency was the OSI and yes they are able to make arrests and such off base if USAF property or personnel are involved. They are considered federal agents in such a case.
AFOSI = NCIS; both are investigatory agencies.

AFOSI have both civilian and active duty members. The active duty folks usually don't wear uniforms. I had a bomb loader who worked for me retrain into AFOSI. He was a Staff Sergeant at the time. I used to work closely with AFOSI when I was a First Sergeant and when I was in Kuwait.

I surmise from the article that some Airman from Nellis may have stole USAF property for sale out of the gun shop.

"Government cannot deny its citizens a right on the off chance that right might be abused." --Unknown

Last edited by LoadToadBoss; 08-23-2011 at 06:24..
LoadToadBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:45   #5
OldCurlyWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadToadBoss View Post

AFOSI have both civilian and active duty members. The active duty folks usually don't wear uniforms. I had a bomb loader who worked for me retrain into AFOSI. He was a Staff Sergeant at the time. I used to work closely with AFOSI when I was a First Sergeant and when I was in Kuwait.

I surmise from the article that some Airman from Nellis may have stole USAF property for sale out of the gun shop.
It could have more easily been a Warrant or an Officer. Better access and less questions asked.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)
OldCurlyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 20:50   #6
barnettbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadToadBoss View Post

I did too when I was sitting in the shirt's chair. Part of the fun of it though

As soon as I read it I figured that some dirt bag airman was pilfering AF Property.
The Big Dawg's Club #1324
Thin to win - G36 Club #48
Kalashnikov Klub #1337
Kel-Tec Club #88
G-36, PF-9,P-3AT, Romanian WASR 10/63, Kimber 1911 TLE II Stainless
barnettbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 21:01   #7
LoadToadBoss
IYAAYWOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
It could have more easily been a Warrant or an Officer. Better access and less questions asked.
The term Airman is a generic term for any Air Force member regardless of rank, just like sailor or soldier are generic terms for their respective services.

"Government cannot deny its citizens a right on the off chance that right might be abused." --Unknown
LoadToadBoss is offline   Reply With Quote