Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-26-2011, 14:35   #1
wjv

Rudy Reyes - Apocalypse Man

Some good ideas, some NOT so good ideas (in my opinion)

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyZuvLo4eJA

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clZas9EHdaM

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epMnjzVdZVc

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdzH2XspLiU

Part 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-d4zNcDPU4

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 18:02   #2
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

I'm not gonna even waste the bandwidth...this the dude that invaded detroit and hung out in burned out buildings and ended up crawling thru a sewer, finding diesel for an old suburban and broadcast in the open on top of the hospital, hour or two tv show?

I think we covered this awhile back. Ex SF guy?
G29Reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 18:42   #3
Dexters

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
I'm not gonna even waste the bandwidth...this the dude that invaded detroit and hung out in burned out buildings and ended up crawling thru a sewer, finding diesel for an old suburban and broadcast in the open on top of the hospital, hour or two tv show?

Thanks for saving me the time.
Old 08-26-2011, 18:47   #4
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Does he drink is own pee?
Spiffums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:15   #5
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
Does he drink is own pee?
I thought that was Bearcub Grylls..? Not sure; I could be wrong on that.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 17:45   #6
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Its amazing how everything just fell into place for him....Don't drink the coolaid!
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 14:17   #7
maxxmojo

I guess those 7 years as a recon marine didn't teach him what a tire iron looks like.
maxxmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 20:48   #8
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post

I watched them out of curiosity and have to echo the OP - some good ideas and some (imo a bunch) of bad ones.

The entire series distilled into a paragraph: 'Sneak' into a city, sneak into a library to find a map of the sewers, then use the sewers to sneak into a (fortuitously abandoned) hospital, then sneak back out to siphon a gallon of diesel fuel and salvage a car battery. Then find out that all of this is simply so he can run the hospital's massive generator (for "4 to 5 hours" on that gallon or so of fuel ) just to recharge that abandoned car battery so he could rig up a cb on the roof, to tell whoever might be listening that he's now leaving the city. (I mean, seriously... what???) Then find an old diesel suv, and when you discover that it's locked, smash the driver's window of all things, hotwire it, skim some used vegetable from a restaurant dumpster (instead of getting actual diesel fuel from the gas station where he got some just a few hours earlier), and then drive out of town with the busted-glass window six inches from his face as he tools down the freeway.

Sure, the library can be a good idea for maps & all manner of useful info, but beyond that, seemed 'out there' at best. Seems like he found the most difficult ways to complete a half-dozen sub-tasks, all for the purpose of completing one pointless master task (the cb radio message) that really accomplished nothing worthy that I could fathom.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 21:06   #9
wjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
I watched them out of curiosity and have to echo the OP - some good ideas and some (imo a bunch) of bad ones. . .
You definitely win the Cliff Notes Award!!!

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:09   #10
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Apocalypse Man was OK then it came out. Some interesting stuff, some BS.

To this day I still find one of the best show was Surviving Disaster on SpikeTV. It was corny like the other shows, and occasionally they gave advice that was flat out bad, but it touched on some good subjects, it was very pro-self defense, and gave some off the wall information.

With both terrorist shows (Mall Shooting and Airline Hijack) it basically suggested killing the terrorist. With the Pandemic one, it suggested that you get a gun. With the Hijack one, it showed once you get into the cockpit how to call in a mayday, including what channel to be on.

Here is the episodes, unfortunately it looks like it only lasted a season and Spike did not renew it, in favor of Manswers and Deadlest Warrior

http://www.spike.com/search/?term=surviving+disaster

Last edited by Bilbo Bagins; 08-30-2011 at 09:11..
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote