SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:48   #1
Crawford
Go Gators!

Ankle Holster

Wanting to buy an ankle holster for my Glock 27. A fellow Officer suggested a Fobus and on the surface it seems like a good holster for the price. I have zero experience with an ankle holster so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Glock 22 (Duty Weapon)
Glock 27 (Back up and EDC)
Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:40   #2
Ajon412

Here's a good place to start....This thread was recently posted here on CT. If you do a search, you'll find more info. Good luck....

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...=ankle+holster
Ajon412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:25   #3
LT642

I use the Galco Ankle Glove for my j-frame and G27, from time to time. The Galco holster is well made and is secure, you may need to buy the extension if you plan to wear it over boots.
Another holster that has received great reviews is the Renegade ankle holsters, people seem to really like them.
LT642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:35   #4
Panzergrenadier1979
Keystone Cop

I use a Desantis Apache ankle holster for my G27 BUG. It works great on duty and I often use it off duty during the colder months.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Panzergrenadier1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:09   #5
nitesite10mm
Dog Lover

For my 442 I found the best for me is a Gould&Goodrich 716 BootLock holster. Great retention, good positioning, excellent comfort, inside thumb snap, molded leather that allows easy re-holstering, etc. Only down side is you must wear tall laced boots to stabilize it. I wear mine attached to 8" Bates side zip Dura-Shok footgear. You can order these for many compact GLOCKs as well (each holster is custom fit to a specific gun).

Although the weight is supported by the laces, it still has a 3" wide elastic velcro strap wrapped around your ankle to really cinch it on snug but allow un-velcroing it and un-zipping your boots at the end of your shift.

They costs almost a hundred bucks each with shipping.

http://www.gouldusa.com/products/sho...&id_option=792

Cop Talk
in no particular order.........
nitesite10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 13:48   #6
Krauty
CLM Number 222
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Wanting to buy an ankle holster for my Glock 27. A fellow Officer suggested a Fobus and on the surface it seems like a good holster for the price. I have zero experience with an ankle holster so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I personally stay away from anything Fobus. I have a Galco Ankle Glove for my G27. It is very high quality and comfortable. There is a calf strap you can purchase. I only use the strap when when carrying the G27 as my BUG.

http://www.baumshoe.com/servlet/the-...holster/Detail

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Krauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 20:44   #7
DennisW

Cheesy web site, but the most comfortable and low profile ankle holster there is. I have been wearing one daily for 10 years. The Galco Ankle glove is a copy that is not as low profile anymore.

http://www.renegadeholstersdirect.com/

Dennis.
DennisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 21:33   #8
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Don't do the Fobus on the ankle. For civilian off duty carry, go ahead....but not for on duty ankle carry. You will have some problems with retention on that thing. A coworker of mine had one for a week and he hit it or knocked it enough for it to fall out right in front of me in an ambulance.

We were holding down a 15 year old combative suicidal and he was half kneeling and banged it or got it tripped up hard enough on the ambulance cot to knock it out. Get something with a thumb snap.
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 21:35   #9
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

I've heard good stuff about the above mentioned boot lock with heavier guns like the sub compact glocks.

I've used the Desantis Apache and the Bianchi Triad and I have been very happy with both. I would prefer the Triad had it's button snap as a thumb break though so it can't get caught on something.
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 21:22   #10
BradleyS

+1 for the Renegade. I think the holster is extremely well made and comfortable.
The folks at Renegade are very nice as well.
BradleyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:59   #11
ditchdoc24

+1 for the ankle glove. I've been carrying my G27 in one at work for over 2 years with no problems.
ditchdoc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:36   #12
BSA70

Just remeber GALCO! I'm on my second one which is a galco. The first one was not and wore out in 4 years. This is an excellent durable holster. It's pricey, but ifyou are wearing it often. It's worth it. I carry a g33 in mine daily.
BSA70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:59   #13
walkin' trails

An ankle holster is not one to skimp on because you've be wearing it for 8+ hours a day and want it to stay attached and keep the gun secure all that time. I've seen the Fobus but something about them just didn't make them appear comfortable. I've used an Alessi and a Galco Ankle Glove. My personall preference is for the Galco. My first Galco lasted 10 years. I'm on my second one now, but not because the first one failed. I just thought it was about time.
Firearms Instructor

Last edited by walkin' trails; 09-17-2011 at 13:01..
walkin' trails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 16:02   #14
andy4731

+1 on the Galco Ankle Glove. Mine has seen constant use for years, and is still going strong. For the money, it would be hard to beat it.
Old 09-17-2011, 17:24   #15
Lawgiver

Ankle

+1 Ankle Glove
Old 09-17-2011, 19:02   #16
AngryBassets
Jagenden Übel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauty View Post
I personally stay away from anything Fobus. I have a Galco Ankle Glove for my G27. It is very high quality and comfortable. There is a calf strap you can purchase. I only use the strap when when carrying the G27 as my BUG.

http://www.baumshoe.com/servlet/the-...holster/Detail
Galco ankle glove has held my 27 for years; wore it all day today. Ran around my kid's soccer game, etc. "Lent" a newer one to a friend and went back to using the "worn out" one, which works flawlessly. I now carry my 642 as my BUG exclusively (used to be 60/40 27/642).

Never needed the strap; the gun sits low on my ankle and I find it very comfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyS View Post
+1 for the Renegade. I think the holster is extremely well made and comfortable.
The folks at Renegade are very nice as well.
IMHO, the Renegade design lends itself best to the X42 Smith and Wessons. As a matter of fact, I just gave my dad my new one (for his neat new bodyguard) as I still use my ancient, tattered one every day I work.
AngryBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 20:20   #17
TScottW99
NRA Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TScottW99
IMO the Cadillac of ankle holsters is the Alessi, Uncle Lou sure knew how to make a good holster...

http://shop.alessigunholsters.com/Ankle-Holster

- Dale Carnegie
TScottW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:07   #18
Chowser

I think I had an uncle mike's ankle holster for my Glock 33 a while back. I didn't like the weight of it on my ankle when running and i couldn't wear boots comfortably with my pants in the winter. i ended up getting a desantis nemesis pocket holster and carry my 33 in one of the side cargo pockets (we're allowed to wear bdu style pants on duty now)
Chowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:00   #19
Goldstar225
NRA member

I've used the Galco ankle glove for over ten years for the G-27 and S&W 642 with complete satisfaction. In a full range of activity (fights, running, fences) it's remained completely secure. If you're not accustomed to ankle carry your legs will feel unbalanced at first but after 1-2 weeks you won't even think about it.
Old 09-21-2011, 15:53   #20
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

I'll be the first one to piss on the ankle holster.

Not secure enough for me.

5.11 Vest holster an option?

Cop Talk