SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-21-2012, 19:18   #121
auto-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post

It's cute how you speak like you're winning.

Christian principles are not shaping this nation. Not even close. When what Christians want interferes with others rights those wants are being taken less and less seriously each year as more and more people either decide not to be the loud mouthed intrusive whackaloon type Christian or just turn away from it altogether. That's where we're headed, that's the trend. You may be delusional enough to think it isn't that way or that it might turn around but have fun with that.

The whole, "If yall don't like it you kin jus git out of my country" spiel has been the impotent battle cry of disgruntled social conservatives for decades. Guess what? Nobody's getting out. They're changing "your county's" government to suit them and they're doing it very effectively with help from people like you who spout drivel about pagans and gays and atheists and anyone else who's freedom of choice really pisses them off. Keep up the good work sir, you're helping more than you'll ever be capable of comprehending.
The kicker is it is not even a christian value. Go back and read the Nicene Creed. It doesn't even mention marriage nore is his view of marriage agreed with between churches.

Just because he values a school of thought and calls himself a christian doesn't make something a christian value.
auto-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 22:05   #122
SDDL-UP

Govenment can do whatever it wants! If you're looking to government to define right and wrong, you are looking in the wrong place! Government at all levels is corrupt, bloated, and self serving. Why would anyone look to government for "justification"?
Old 03-25-2012, 13:45   #123
Natty

The Northern/Union states of Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, and Vermont, plus the Capital of the Union, Washington DC, have embraced and allowed gay marriage.

Every one of these states invaded the South during the Civil War.

Not a single former Confederate state has allowed this biblical abomination.

No wonder some Yankee soldiers walked funny.

Northern states and Yankee sympathizers must be very proud of gay marriage.

Last edited by Natty; 03-25-2012 at 13:46..
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 14:01   #124
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty View Post
The Northern/Union states of Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, and Vermont, plus the Capital of the Union, Washington DC, have embraced and allowed gay marriage.

Every one of these states invaded the South during the Civil War.

Not a single former Confederate state has allowed this biblical abomination.

No wonder some Yankee soldiers walked funny.

Northern states and Yankee sympathizers must be very proud of gay marriage.
And yet the south still lost.
Guess that settles the gays in combat debate.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 20:21   #125
Brucev

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-5 View Post
The kicker is it is not even a christian value. Go back and read the Nicene Creed. It doesn't even mention marriage nore is his view of marriage agreed with between churches.

Just because he values a school of thought and calls himself a christian doesn't make something a christian value.
Like it or not, Scripture condemns without exception homosexuality. At no point is it every in any way affirmed. This is the uniform witness of Scripture. As to creeds, they are merely the formulations of men, useful but subordinate to Scripture. As to what local churches or larger denominations might hold on a matter, their positions may be useful as the creeds they develop. But they stand in the light of Scripture and are without any authority except as they affirm Scripture. If they speak contrary to Scripture, they are in error and are to be condemned for their error. They may call their decisions/positions christian, but that does not make their positions christian.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 20:27   #126
Brucev

Quote:
And yet the south still lost.
Guess that settles the gays in combat debate.
Sadly for America, the N.E. financial interest successfully used the federal apparatus and the burgeoning immigrant population to subjugate the Southern states and deny them their right of self-determination. They bastardized the COTUS by making of it a irreversible document which was never the intent of the framers. Now the whole nation is forced to live with the consequences of their over-reach in the form of a squatter's administration of a gansta government.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:35   #127
RichardB
Silver Membership

"They bastardized the COTUS by making of it a irreversible document "
????

Even in Jim Crow Southern Schools I learned that the Constitution has been amended several times since the Civil War.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:54   #128
Noles26
Made in Texas

Send a message via AIM to Noles26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarpleyg View Post
Not even sure what gives a government the right to define marriage.
+1

Marriage was destroyed by Man and Woman, not Man and Man.

If it doesn't concern you, leave it alone.

WWW.SHOP.GTXGUNS.COM
Noles26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:05   #129
auto-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
Like it or not, Scripture condemns without exception homosexuality. At no point is it every in any way affirmed. This is the uniform witness of Scripture. As to creeds, they are merely the formulations of men, useful but subordinate to Scripture. As to what local churches or larger denominations might hold on a matter, their positions may be useful as the creeds they develop. But they stand in the light of Scripture and are without any authority except as they affirm Scripture. If they speak contrary to Scripture, they are in error and are to be condemned for their error. They may call their decisions/positions christian, but that does not make their positions christian.
It also condemns the eating of shellfish and the planting of different crops in a given field. But all that was before Jesus died for our sins.

Your sins are forgiven! Not through your own deeds because we are all sinners but through the love of Jesus Christ who died for our sins. He and He alone gets to judge.
auto-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:23   #130
Brucev

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-5 View Post
It also condemns the eating of shellfish and the planting of different crops in a given field. But all that was before Jesus died for our sins.

Your sins are forgiven! Not through your own deeds because we are all sinners but through the love of Jesus Christ who died for our sins. He and He alone gets to judge.
If one is an orthodox Jew, such issues as shellfish, etc. are of concern. I am not a Jew. I am a Christian.

If in the New Testament record there was at any point any indication that Jesus affirmed aberrant sexual behavior of any sort, there would be a basis for arguing for the acceptance of homosexuality. That affirmation is absent from Scripture. On the other hand, the uniform witness of the Bible is that homosexuality is never anything but fundamentally and without exception to be condemned. This is explicit in Paul's letter to the Romans and his letters to the Corinthians. There is no equivocation on the matter.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:26   #131
Brucev

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
"They bastardized the COTUS by making of it a irreversible document "
????

Even in Jim Crow Southern Schools I learned that the Constitution has been amended several times since the Civil War.
I beg your pardon. My mistake. I wrote "making of it a irreversible document." I wrote of the COTUS. I should have referenced the union effected by the COTUS. No where in the founding documents of our nation was the union ever envisioned as only a choice to enter with no option of leaving. The War Between the States constituted the decision of northern power brokers to deny a "divorce" to the Southern states as the cost of that divorce would have been for the north inconvenient.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:19   #132
RichardB
Silver Membership

St Paul condemned many other behaviors which are not prohibited by secular constitutions.

On the Confederate Flag tome it was posted that Madison, one of the primary authors of the Constitution, wrote in 1830 that bailing out of the union was not an option for a state.

Last edited by RichardB; 03-27-2012 at 06:22..
Old 03-27-2012, 14:41   #133
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
Sadly for America, the N.E. financial interest successfully used the federal apparatus and the burgeoning immigrant population to subjugate the Southern states and deny them their right of self-determination. They bastardized the COTUS by making of it a irreversible document which was never the intent of the framers. Now the whole nation is forced to live with the consequences of their over-reach in the form of a squatter's administration of a gansta government.
It's ok Bruce, you can just come out and say it. "Damn gays couldn't outfight us so they went and outsmarted and out resourced us and set our slaves free and then went and let them into political office."

Last edited by Gunhaver; 03-27-2012 at 14:41..
Old 03-27-2012, 17:05   #134
Brucev

Quote:
It's ok Bruce, you can just come out and say it. "Damn gays couldn't outfight us so they went and outsmarted and out resourced us and set our slaves free and then went and let them into political office."
Perhaps you are just confused. You apparently believe in mythology... such as the myth promulgated that the sovereign state that entered into the COTUS did so with the understanding that there was no exit.

Now perhaps you can explain just how homosexuals of the antebellum era led proud and loud in the War Between the States? Come on now. Be specific. Just who were the Northern homosexual leaders who can be cited?
Old 03-28-2012, 14:37   #135
Natty

Quote:
Not only that, they are now the police...

The Furball Forum

Yankee sympathizers are very proud of what they have turned the police into...

Last edited by Natty; 03-28-2012 at 14:42..
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 16:46   #136
RichardB
Silver Membership

Fat cops come in all races, genders, and are from the north, south, east, and west.

http://www.google.com/search?q=fat+c...w=1173&bih=742

Old 03-28-2012, 17:03   #137
GRIMLET
Deceased

Just a question.
What is the difference between a civil union and a marriage by a justice of the peace where no Bible was used and the ceremony taking place in a court room.

I understand Christians are upset about a not hetero marriage before God, but how does the above ceremony offend?

Not trolling or flaming. Just asking for clarification.
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 17:06   #138
Stover918

Take it back to the closet. I'm tired of it being put in my face. Even kids think its ok. What would happen if I had a white pride parade? Now the military is a disgrace. I'm sure the whole world laughs at us now. What else can they **** up?

My pistols, however, I always kept by me
Stover918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 17:36   #139
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
Just a question.
What is the difference between a civil union and a marriage by a justice of the peace where no Bible was used and the ceremony taking place in a court room.

I understand Christians are upset about a not hetero marriage before God, but how does the above ceremony offend?

Not trolling or flaming. Just asking for clarification.
The problem is with the benefits that automatically come with legal marriage recognized in all 50 states vs. the ridiculous amount of work involved for a civil union couple to line up those same benefits. It's actually a very long list.
http://www.now.org/issues/marriage/marriage_unions.html
Old 03-28-2012, 17:53   #140
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stover918 View Post
Take it back to the closet. I'm tired of it being put in my face. Even kids think its ok. What would happen if I had a white pride parade? Now the military is a disgrace. I'm sure the whole world laughs at us now. What else can they **** up?

My pistols, however, I always kept by me
How exactly is it being put in your face? Do you wake up to a homosexual couple making out on your front lawn every morning? Might want to turn the garden hose on them.

You see gay men holding hands or kissing or whatever just like hetero couples have always done and you just can't handle it. You're not man enough to let people go about their business that doesn't hurt you. It's weak and pathetic that you let it bother you so much. Do you avoid giving a woman a kiss in public for fear that you might offend some homo couple?

Your arguments always boil down to, "You can't do that because I have a problem with it but I'm going to do it even if you have a problem with it."