Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 17:56   #141
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
Perhaps you are just confused. You apparently believe in mythology... such as the myth promulgated that the sovereign state that entered into the COTUS did so with the understanding that there was no exit.

Now perhaps you can explain just how homosexuals of the antebellum era led proud and loud in the War Between the States? Come on now. Be specific. Just who were the Northern homosexual leaders who can be cited?
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/11...ighty-then.jpg
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 18:37   #142
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
The problem is with the benefits that automatically come with legal marriage recognized in all 50 states vs. the ridiculous amount of work involved for a civil union couple to line up those same benefits. It's actually a very long list.
http://www.now.org/issues/marriage/marriage_unions.html
I understand the financial implications. It would seem big insurance would like this. More dependants, more premiums.
I don't see people protesting gay marriage in terms of insurance.
A civil union vs a civil ceremony. How is it different?
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 19:15   #143
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
I understand the financial implications. It would seem big insurance would like this. More dependants, more premiums.
I don't see people protesting gay marriage in terms of insurance.
A civil union vs a civil ceremony. How is it different?
? Um, civil union is to civil ceremony as marriage is to marriage ceremony.

What does big insurance have to do with it?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 19:51   #144
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Ok.
Then why do so many people have a problem with gay marriage and not civil unions.
If a marriage is before God and God is against nonheteros then the marriage wouldn't be recognized in Gods eyes. Right?
Not arguing or making a point. I'm trying to understand different points of view.
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 19:57   #145
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
If a hetero, man and woman, couple unite in a courthouse and have a meeting with a judge and become legally married, is that a civil union? It doesn't meet the way Christians normally do it so I wouldn't think it would be a marriage before God.
It is a marriage before the state. A marriage in certificate only.
Am I correct?
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 20:12   #146
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
If a hetero, man and woman, couple unite in a courthouse and have a meeting with a judge and become legally married, is that a civil union? It doesn't meet the way Christians normally do it so I wouldn't think it would be a marriage before God.
It is a marriage before the state. A marriage in certificate only.
Am I correct?
The issue is only with what the government recognizes as a legally binding marriage. There are probably gay couples that want the churches to marry them "in gods eyes" but the churches are not required to treat everyone equally.

There are thousands of laws, legal documents, case law records and who knows what else that have the words, "marriage" or "married" in them and it's an ongoing process to hash what happens under different circumstances in court. The simplest solution is to just expand legal marriage to homosexuals. Sure beats rooting through all those papers to amend them with, "and civil unions too".
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 23:32   #147
randrew379
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
We are a country where 83% of people claim religious affiliation and 76% of them are Christians, we are about as far from third world as you can get.
Laws are based on commonalities in morality and human decency. The fact that so many of our laws have basic biblical premise should be a clue.
When the United States had a higher church-going population so many years ago, the crime rates weren't near what they are today. Chipping away at organized religion and the good it does is furthering the moral decay and creating a nation of thugs and dirtbags. I'm not saying if you don't go to church you are either of those, but denying that there are more people living now that have no regard for humanity is a serious case of denial.
It seems that NH has the fewest number of churchgoers and the lowest crime rate of all states if what I read recently is correct.
randrew379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 20:13   #148
glockin-45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrismma View Post
Its because the biggest part of the group that oppose it are religious. Any time its debated that is one of the first view put forth is "God hates it", "Its against God" Which is all an uniformed and not researched opinion But when you say GOD SAID everybody runs.
Just because you don't believe in the Bible, oh well. Let me say, we should not lay man with man, just as well as man with dog. Why? because God hates it.
glockin-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 20:15   #149
ponders
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Minot ND
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
God already did.

He made Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve!


^^^^this^^^^ and also it wasnt Adrian and Eve
ponders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 20:39   #150
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockin-45 View Post
Just because you don't believe in the Bible, oh well. Let me say, we should not lay man with man, just as well as man with dog. Why? because God hates it.
Just because you do believe in the bible, oh well. We hear complaints about the gay agenda and normalizing gay behavior. Who's accepting it? Society. Believers are very concerned with who doesn't believe in the bible. Non-believers could care less that you do.

Do you feel the shrinking influence of the bible yet?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:10   #151
glockin-45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 740
Delete.

Last edited by glockin-45; 04-01-2012 at 10:36..
glockin-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:32   #152
glockin-45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Just because you do believe in the bible, oh well. We hear complaints about the gay agenda and normalizing gay behavior. Who's accepting it? Society. Believers are very concerned with who doesn't believe in the bible. Non-believers could care less that you do.

Do you feel the shrinking influence of the bible yet?
Yes, i see the shrinking influence of the Bible in todays time. We will all live and die with the path that we choose.
Praise GOD!
glockin-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 13:30   #153
Alizard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePirate View Post
The NC House has decided to let voters decide next May as to whether or not they want to add a provision to the state constitution that defines marriage between one man and one woman.

I was just curious as to whether or not your state has a similar provision in your states constitution?

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/129638638.html
I wonder if there was a recent time they would have passed an amendment keeping it illegal for whites and blacks to marry.

Yes, it was illegal for blacks and whites to marry most places at one time. here in "Liberal California", there was a recent time when it was illegal for Asians and whites to marry.

I guess the point is, if you set up an amendment that panders to the inherent bigotry of stupid people, most of them will vote for it.
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:41   #154
camelotkid
non-believer
 
camelotkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
How exactly is it being put in your face? Do you wake up to a homosexual couple making out on your front lawn every morning? Might want to turn the garden hose on them.

You see gay men holding hands or kissing or whatever just like hetero couples have always done and you just can't handle it. You're not man enough to let people go about their business that doesn't hurt you. It's weak and pathetic that you let it bother you so much. Do you avoid giving a woman a kiss in public for fear that you might offend some homo couple?

Your arguments always boil down to, "You can't do that because I have a problem with it but I'm going to do it even if you have a problem with it."
good post
camelotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:54   #155
Brucev
Senior Member
 
Brucev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,189
This just in... NC voters vote a big "NO" on letting homos play at marriage or even the quaint little arrangement they like to style as civil unions. Ah power to the people! Yea boy! Wonderful to see what happens when the people speak. And amazingly, professional politician listen. They can hear this new message loud and clear.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:34   #156
camelotkid
non-believer
 
camelotkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
This just in... NC voters vote a big "NO" on letting homos play at marriage or even the quaint little arrangement they like to style as civil unions. Ah power to the people! Yea boy! Wonderful to see what happens when the people speak. And amazingly, professional politician listen. They can hear this new message loud and clear.
the hate must keep you warm, by the time you realize you are wrong it will be too late
camelotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:49   #157
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 27,775
Blog Entries: 1


Failed as it should have.We are the bible belt.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:23   #158
Brucev
Senior Member
 
Brucev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotkid View Post
the hate must keep you warm, by the time you realize you are wrong it will be too late
You are mistaken. You mistake arises from your equating hatred with abject rejection of a repugnant degenerate abnormal lifestyle.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:40   #159
HexHead
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,818
Once the queers eventually win on this issue, I wonder what group will next become the cause célèbre for the left? I'm guessing pedophiles will be next. After all, the left will claim they are born that way too, so we must need to accept them, just like their gay argument. And if we don't, they will label us Pedophobes.

Last edited by HexHead; 05-09-2012 at 11:41..
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:53   #160
Alizard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver The Furball Forum
How exactly is it being put in your face? Do you wake up to a homosexual couple making out on your front lawn every morning? Might want to turn the garden hose on them.

You see gay men holding hands or kissing or whatever just like hetero couples have always done and you just can't handle it. You're not man enough to let people go about their business that doesn't hurt you. It's weak and pathetic that you let it bother you so much. Do you avoid giving a woman a kiss in public for fear that you might offend some homo couple?

Your arguments always boil down to, "You can't do that because I have a problem with it but I'm going to do it even if you have a problem with it."
Amen.
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:31.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,053
271 Members
782 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31