Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-22-2011, 20:51   #1
Sharkey

Bad teacher

So, I'm in a 3 day class dealing with Sex Ass and FV Investigations.

We see a video in segments and after each segment we are asked, who gets arrested in a FV call. Me and another guy disagree with the rest of the class and the instructor on arresting the husband (we'd arrest the wife) and the instructor flips his lid -

"In all the years of teaching this class, you'll are the only 2 who told me they would arrest the wife. I hope you'll never get called out to a call with one of my family members".

Now seeing that I have 20years experience and I am instructor licensed, I found it comical. That will reflect poorly on his evaluation.

I just couldn't take the pablum puke anymore. We continue to enable the victimization of victims rather than empowering them and holding them accountable for their bad choices.

I'm no longer commissioned but needed the TCLEOSE hours to keep my license. I dunno how you patrol guys do it anymore. I really don't. It seems the rest of the class was willing to drink the Kool Aid and many were new officers with under 5 years experience and seemed not to have that "wrrior edge" mentality. It was kind of sad. Maybe I'm just one of those old geezers who can't adapt?
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 21:37   #2
blueiron

Because of nonsense like this, I reached my critical mass and left. Told the certifying authority what they could do with their certification as well.

If it is time, it is time. Life is too short to endure bureaucracy forever.

Good luck!
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 21:57   #3
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

There are few things tougher to endure than a lousy teacher trying to instruct you in a subject, especially after you've lost respect for their knowledge base or their abilities.

Sorry you had to go through that, especially since it wasn't for a department or mandated somehow.
Old 09-22-2011, 23:04   #4
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Now seeing that I have 20years experience and I am instructor licensed, I found it comical. That will reflect poorly on his evaluation.

I am sure I am not alone in saying, I applaud you, sir...

Quote:
Maybe I'm just one of those old geezers who can't adapt?
I think you adapted quite well as a matter of fact....

You are a cop, not a spouse. Everything is not always the husbands fault.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 09-22-2011 at 23:07..
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:19   #5
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_grad_121 View Post
There are few things tougher to endure than a lousy teacher trying to instruct you in a subject, especially after you've lost respect for their knowledge base or their abilities.

Sorry you had to go through that, especially since it wasn't for a department or mandated somehow.

Yeah thanks. I didn't pay for it and it gets me out of the office and gives me credit so I deal with it.

Last day and we have an instructor who is a Prosecutor/former cop and she also taught the latter portion yesterday. She is pretty good.

The other thing is the prior instructor has 30yrs experience, is older than me, and was a former co-worker.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote