Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-22-2011, 20:42   #1
Lakota

Past Is Prologue: Pt. 1

Although portions of the following missive are out dated, the import of the monologue remains contingent to our continued military presence in Afghanistan, and most recently, Libya.

Since President Obama has publicly declared that U.S. troops will be withdrawn in 2014, the question of the continuation of military occupation is cogently brought to bear in the present...
Before United States forces departed, the thematic question of this missive was:
What The Flock Are We Doing In Iraq?
Blaming Veterans for Executive Policy

Since the execution of Saddam Hussein U.S. Troops have departed that theater, thereafter being deployed and stationed in Afghanistan and Libya. Whereas, the question has simply directed itself to the incumbent interrogative of:
What Are We Doing In The MiddleEast?

As of 11/6/09, the Army psychiatrist, Nidal Malik Hason, has not only murdered and wounded dozens of people at Fort Hood, Texas Army Base, he has cast another ominous shadow on what was already - since 9/11 - a very controversial issue; reintroducing fragile questions, including religious undertones - as they relate to (well intended and otherwise motivated) Muslims in America, and activating questions regarding America's motive(s) for armed presence in the Middle East.

Very unfortunately, this appears to be a pejorative problem, for which there is no easy solution. Vets and apolitical citizens are being blamed - and are suffering and dying for - questionable executive policy.

The unreliably reported lessons of Vietnam, and the failed - eight year - Russian Expedition into Afghanistan enter this foreboding incumbency.

Constitutionally fortified issues of Free Speech are being compromised - displaced with citizen fear of government (and qualified elements of the 'Homeland Security' and 'Patriot' acts: which nullify the former requirement for a judge's order to tap telephones, and void 'due cause' for satellite reconnaissance directed - 24/7-365 - upon law abiding citizens).

Although, in 'times of war' such unconstitutional procedures may be legally and temporarily installed, no status of declaration of war is in place.

Rogue gvt. did in fact obtain these constitutional transgressions by way of the occurrence of the World Trade Center attacks, aka, 911 .

Excersizing fundamental American Principles of Free Speech has evolved into grounds for suspicion of 'terrorism'.

The cost and consequences of American Armed Forces in the Middle East is escalating on many fronts which are a challenge to American Constitutional mainstays and domestic tranquility.

Caveat: America cannot be conquered from the outside, but, she can - and may - be compromised from within.

I very sincerely hope I am wrong about this, but, I think we are far from seeing the resolve of this convuluted dilemma. I am an American born veteran, sworn to defend the Constitution of the United States from all her enemies, be they foreign or domestic, whomsoever.

Incidentally, I wish to emphasize here, that I consider violent revolution to be counter revolutionary. I believe that the - overdue - revolution should, and will, occur, on a platform of liberated - and responsible, uncensored or otherwise handicapped - communication.

"Beware, the military-industrial complex, lest they lead you into war for profit". - Dwight David Eisenhower. Supreme Comdr. of Allied Forces; President of the United States.

With regard to the issue of 'politics', that casts a very wide loop in the connotations of its meaning - politics frequently if not characteristically encompasses ethics. Moreover, this is an international issue certainly having much to do with 'religion', and the religiously motivated behavior of people and nations.

The ethical considerations include the fact that Bin Laden and Hussein have been executed for crimes against humanity (terrorism).
Terrorist suicide pilots, bombers and shooters increase with each day of American occupation (by any other name). All of these subjects are affiliated with religion ('Jihad') - which has much more to do with ethics than politics.

Then there is the ethical (and political) lesson of Vietnam, and certainly that of Afghanistan having routed the Russians, in the wake of a failed eight year effort to subdue them. It is my qualified opinion that ethics has a great deal to do with what can be called a 'political' issue. By definition, certainly not a 'local' political issue.

The emergence of the Patriot and Home Security Acts - since 9/11/01 - has raised strong ethical issues having to do with the national suppression of Constitutionally guaranteed elements of American rights and freedoms. Indeed, these considerations may be called 'politics', but there are strong issues of 'infringements' on the U.S. Constitution - and ethics - in the foreground of all these very controversial issues, which show every indication of growing worse, instead of better.

May God bless America and her devoted citizens.
Lakota is offline   Reply With Quote