Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:57   #1
MadMonkey
Spershul Furces

Send a message via AIM to MadMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to MadMonkey
Texan in AZ... carry question

Seems like a dead section, but here goes anyway

I'm in Yuma for a few months (work related), and I have a Texas CHL. We have reciprocity with AZ. I've looked, but have not found the answer to this question... I know that unlicensed carriers cannot carry in a place that serves alcohol (to be consumed in the establishment), but as a Texas CHL holder, am I allowed to? I'd like to be able to carry into the restaurants I frequent, but the majority serve alcohol.

Also, any other tips on carrying in AZ? I know that in TX, gun buster signs need very specific wording to apply to CHL holders, but IIRC in AZ, any "No Guns" sign is proper notice that you can't carry there.

Also, info on OC would be much appreciated. I've never OC'd but am considering it.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I'm planning to get my AZ CCW soon, so I'll be okay eventually, but I'd like to carry in the meantime.

Last edited by MadMonkey; 09-30-2011 at 04:59..
MadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 14:24   #2
Havasu

Welcome to AZ.

The law regarding carry into a place that serves alcohol references an AZ statute as the enabling factor with no reference to reciprocity so, sorry, I can't help with that one. You may want to check with the local police or sheriff.

OC is available to you anywhere that is not posted or an off-limits location. OC is not uncommon in AZ so you should have few problems with LEOs.
Old 10-01-2011, 15:51   #3
MadMonkey
Spershul Furces

Send a message via AIM to MadMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to MadMonkey
Thank you sir. I did another search shortly after posting this, and it appears that since I do have a Texas CHL, I'm considered a licensed carrier (at least to my understanding). I could be wrong, but that's how I read it. It would make sense, since the requirements for me to get an AZ license are simply sending my my packet (having my Texas CHL which required training to receive allows me to skip the actual class portion of the AZ licensing).

Again, that's how I understood it. I'm not 100% sure so I need to read up a little more though.
MadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 19:30   #4
joeglock40

pretty much if anyplace serve booze for consumption, u can carry concealed but u canNot drink alcohol. BUT If they have a No firearms sign, you CANT carry. Doesnt matter if u are licensed or not. No OC in bars or restaurants that serve booze either. If u visit malls No OC either since most have No gun signs as well...if u aint sure, then just conceal and make sure it stays concealed. If a cop pulls u over and asks if u are carrying, you have to tell him you are carrying, its in the new law.
joeglock40 is offline   Reply With Quote