Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:23   #1
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Alien gear holsters, anyone have one?

http://aliengearholsters.com/?=fbc1

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:57   #2
Acroyer

I have one for my Glock 20. I wear it to work all day, every day.

Can't think of a better holster for the price.
Acroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 13:38   #3
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acroyer View Post
I have one for my Glock 20. I wear it to work all day, every day.

Can't think of a better holster for the price.
I've been testing a Crossbreed Supertuck for sometime. One thing I don't like is how difficult reholstering can be.
This holster looks like part of the polymer "sheath" that holds the firearm extends above the waist/belt, making reholstering easier.

Is this true for you?

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 15:15   #4
bleak_house

I have the 2.0 and their OWB holsters. They are the only ones I use anymore. One thing I have noticed is some wear already (only been wearing a couple of months) but I carry a CZ and it has very sharp edges, so take the wear with a grain of salt. Comfort wise they are phenomenal.
Old 01-21-2015, 17:38   #5
AWGD8
Sr. Glocker29SF

I ordered both IWB 2.0 and OWB for my Glock 29.
I returned the IWB 2.0 bec. the Glock 29 is too big too conceal IWB, but Kept the OWB. I am only 5'7" tall.

Rides high and tight too my body. Very close to IWB tightness to the body. I like it so much that I ordered one for my Kahr PM9.
Their OWB is hybrid of leather and kydex. Very comfortable to the body. The only issue with my Glock29 is the thickness of the slide and handle digs a bit to my side bec. there is no leather between the handle and my skin. Kindda like a combat cut from Crossbreed holster.
Carry Issues

Carry Issues

Carry Issues

Carry Issues

BTW, this is my winter carry under a jacket.

THe PM9 which is thinner and smaller works for summer carry.

Had Glock 35 OD / Glock 27/ Glock 39 45GAP/ Ruger LCR 357/ Sig Sauer 522 OD / XDs45 / Sig P938 Extreme

Last edited by AWGD8; 01-21-2015 at 17:46..
AWGD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 17:53   #6
AWGD8
Sr. Glocker29SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
I've been testing a Crossbreed Supertuck for sometime. One thing I don't like is how difficult reholstering can be.
This holster looks like part of the polymer "sheath" that holds the firearm extends above the waist/belt, making reholstering easier.

Is this true for you?
The IWB 2.0 is not meant to reholster like in the gun range.

The OWB they have is not going to be that smooth to reholster if you will use this for shooting competition. The way they designed their OWB holster is one side of a gun is against the kydex and the other is against the leather.

I have seen other manufacturer with both kydex between the gun and a leather behind the kydex that has contact to the body.
This design is smoother and quicker for reholster, but more $$$ too.

For the price, Aliengear is decent enough!

Had Glock 35 OD / Glock 27/ Glock 39 45GAP/ Ruger LCR 357/ Sig Sauer 522 OD / XDs45 / Sig P938 Extreme

Last edited by AWGD8; 01-21-2015 at 17:55..
AWGD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 18:54   #7
Big1

I have both kind, the old style and the new 2.0 cloak one, I have them for all of my guns the 29, 19, 27, 30S, and my full size XDm and love them both. They are so comfortable I had to get the shell for my guns, I use to have the Crossbreed Mini for my XDs which was comfortable also but I sold the gun.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 19:07   #8
chiefjack

I bought the older IWB holster (not the 2.0) and shells for my Glock 27 and Walther PPK and LOVE them both. The adjustments available in the holster's positioning make it very comfortable.
My comments are my personal opinion, based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice as I am not an attorney and if you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!
chiefjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 19:20   #9
BL33D 4 M3
SDMF

I bought one and sold it. Wasn't for me. Cumbersome to put on, didn't ride quite right. I like Remora for IWB.
BL33D 4 M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 19:21   #10
f350fiver

Send a message via Skype™ to f350fiver
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0051resize.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	244230

It has been close to a year since I started wearing mine on a daily basis. I can't carry at work so I took demim to make an insurt. This helps keep the leather from curling down making reholstering difficult. It has helped greatly so reholstering is not a problem.

Life is simple, do the work.
f350fiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 20:23   #11
unit1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL33D 4 M3 View Post
I bought one (Alien) and sold it. Wasn't for me. Cumbersome to put on, didn't ride quite right. I like Remora for IWB.
The two well-regarded IWB holsters I have for my CCW pistols are Remora and Alien. I have been very satisfied with both. I might add that I have some really cheap IWB holsters that are pretty good too, but I won't name them on this thread.

As it turned out for me with one configuration of both brands the different style holsters accommodates not only the pistol they were specifically designed for but also fits a second pistol extremely well. So well that I decided not to order the $12 shell Alien offers to fit another slightly larger gun I own.

The Alien is somewhat cumbersome and I haven't worn them enough to learn to quickly mount them but I suspect it's just a matter of practice and familiarity. With my first Alien purchase I added the additional leather loops and Kydex clips but haven't tried those out yet. Once I have the gun/holster in place I have worn the rig for hours without discomfort. Remora is a snap to situate and adjust.

Like I wrote in another thread, I just got lucky with these two products, and may I add that the Glock Sport/Combat holster is a very worthy holster, especially considering the price and versatility.
Old 01-21-2015, 21:03   #12
bcowen22001

Send a message via Yahoo to bcowen22001
Received one earlier this week. Its pretty good so far so good. Its really comfortable. Carrying G30 conceals well, holstering I found to be decent.

My only complaint so far are the j-hooks thinking they would be low profile like my Ultra Deep Concealment holsters from Galco, but they aren't. They are a little larger than I would prefer, and there are two of them. Pretty noticeable if wearing a tucked shirt.

I bought the leather loops as well. They are made of good quality leather, very stiff. They will not snap with a 1-3/4 belt. May need to be broken in better. -FYI.
bcowen22001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 21:19   #13
Jeremy_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post

Is this true for you?
The Alien Cloaktuck IWB has adjustable ride height from just above the belt line, to level, to below the belt line. It can also be adjusted for cant forward and back. It is tricky to reholster (for me anyway), and mine rides above the belt. This is because the leather that rides up along the slide curls down when the gun is unholstered. It's more profound if you're a fat bastage like me. I use extreme caution when holstering my G19 for the day. It is a comfy holster though.
Jeremy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 22:14   #14
JaPes
Rimfire 1010101

I have an Alien Gear OWB for my G29. At first, I didn't like it at all. Holstering and drawing weren't as slick as a full kydex holster. After a couple days, I wanted to return it. Alien Gear offers a 30-day like it or money back guarantee. I decided to use it every day for a week. Week goes by and I'm going to return the holster. I put my Blade Tech Eclipse OWB ambi holster on, holstered my VP9 and I was surprised. I found the Alien Gear holster to be much more comfortable.

I ended up ordering the two holster package yesterday. OWB & IWB for my G19. I also purchased an extra shell for my P938. I do not like IWB carry. I figure I'll give it a try again with the Alien Gear IWB. If I don't like it, I'll return it for another Alien Gear OWB.
Glock 22 Gen4 | Glock 17 Gen4 | Glock 19 Gen4 |
Glock 29SF

Last edited by JaPes; 01-21-2015 at 22:15..
JaPes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 22:18   #15
Whitewolfx0

I would go with the Leather, I got the 2.0 and to be honest the retention kinda sucks. The backing takes a little to get used to I felt it chafing the first time I put it on but haven't had a issue since.

Its also difficult to re-holster because the back flexes but that i think is just a issue with the 2.0

First time I wore it my GirlFriend didnt even notice I had it on so it conceals very well.

Last edited by Whitewolfx0; 01-21-2015 at 22:19..
Whitewolfx0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 22:18   #16
pspez

I have both the Alien gear 2.0 and the Crossbreed Supper tuck with the Horse leather and the Crossbreed is more comfortable and much easier to reholster. I must say that the Crossbreed does NOT have the combat cut and it is probably the reason way it is more comfortable. But the Alien Gear holster is a great holster. If I and going to wear an under shirt I will use the Alien Gear. It does stay in place better than the Crossbreed because of the neoprene backing keeping the holster from slipping down. I find that the Crossbreed conceals better on my body. Both great but if I had to choose one it would be the Crossbreed.

Last edited by pspez; 01-21-2015 at 22:19..
pspez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:29   #17
Jeremy_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolfx0 View Post
I would go with the Leather, I got the 2.0 and to be honest the retention kinda sucks. The backing takes a little to get used to I felt it chafing the first time I put it on but haven't had a issue since.

Its also difficult to re-holster because the back flexes but that i think is just a issue with the 2.0

First time I wore it my GirlFriend didnt even notice I had it on so it conceals very well.
Isn't the retention adjustable with the 2.0? I have the leather cloak tuck and I was able to clamp it down pretty good. It did loosen up after the first few carries, but hasn't moved since I clamped it down with the screws.
Jeremy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:40   #18
Acroyer

Lots of different experiences here. I use the original leather hybrid they offer, not the 2.0 version. I sit quite a bit at work, too. It's really quite comfortable carrying a G20 around all day. I wear it under an untucked polo shirt that I bought one size larger than I normally wear, with an undershirt, so I don't worry about the clips showing.

As far as reholstering goes, I don't have much of a problem. I am always aware of the top cut of the leather, to make sure it stays out of the trigger guard, but once it starts in, it slides in without a hiccup. I can only imagine that the neoprene version might be a bit more floppy.

I have a Crossbreed holster for my Sig, and it works well, too. They are a little more costly, though.

I like the fact that the Alien Gear holster is adjustable for ride height, cant and retention.

The one detraction to the holster is that I somehow stretched one of the clips and now it is more like a hook than a clip. Can't think of how that happened, but I'll need to order a replacement.
Acroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:24   #19
Chesafreak

Another satisfied Alien Gear customer here. I've owned a Crossbreed Supertuck before, but never could get it to stop creaking. I have the Alien Gear 2.0 and am very satisfied. Great quality and customer service, and the price is really nice.
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:38   #20
Whitewolfx0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy_K View Post
Isn't the retention adjustable with the 2.0? I have the leather cloak tuck and I was able to clamp it down pretty good. It did loosen up after the first few carries, but hasn't moved since I clamped it down with the screws.
Unless i Missed something in how tight it can go, I have the smallest screws almost poking out the back so I think I have it as tight as it can go.

« Public restrooms | - »