Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-13-2014, 20:50   #1
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Found a good simple prep food for the fam

krusteaz light and fluffy apple pancake mix. Just add water. Super easy to make and the pancakes don't even require syrup because they taste good on their own. My kids like them. Score.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 21:11   #2
quake

Agree completely with your take on it; we've eaten a ton of it over the years. Never tried the apple though, just plain old pancake mix. Started buying it at Sam's when my yeti's were young & growing and consuming pretty much everything that would stand still long enough to be eaten.

Mitchshrader used to give me grief for recommending Krusteaz brand. Of course, Mitch was somewhat of a baking snob...

I miss that cranky old cuss, grumbling about politics and 'wimmens'. Hadn't thought about him in quite a while; thanks for the memory jog.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 22:26   #3
DJ Niner

+1 on missing Mitchshrader.

Can that pancake batter be found almost anywhere, or only in certain stores? I ask because I went looking for something like that just last year, and I don't remember seeing that brand or even flavor in the stores I checked.

In what stores have you folks found it?

Thanks in advance for the info!

P.S. -- You can get the squeeze packets of various syrups online at places like Amazon, for single-serving/camping/prep use. Put them in a good sturdy zipper-locked heavy plastic bag if you're going to pack them around, because you DON'T want one to open up in your pack. Happened to me many years ago, and I still remember living with the stickiness for several days on a canoe trip. Not life-threatening, but not fun, either.

Although having your clothes smelling like maple syrup in bear country could eventually be quite hazardous to your health...
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>>
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 22:46   #4
BC Dan

http://www.krusteaz.com/pancake-and-...es-products-46

Every grocery store I've ever been in sells at least the "regular" mix. It's a staple around my house and has been for 40 years. If you get desperate, you can order it on Amazon, I'm betting
Old 07-14-2014, 22:06   #5
gnepig
Remember

The local WM only had blue berry= I was a little skeptical about this but these where really good and they went very well with bacon

Survival/Preparedness Forum

Thanx for the dinner idea RMT...
gnepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:47   #6
mac66
Plant the seed

Big fan of Krusteaz

Last edited by mac66; 07-15-2014 at 09:47..
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:43   #7
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Niner View Post
+1 on missing Mitchshrader.

Can that pancake batter be found almost anywhere, or only in certain stores? I ask because I went looking for something like that just last year, and I don't remember seeing that brand or even flavor in the stores I checked.

In what stores have you folks found it?

Thanks in advance for the info!

P.S. -- You can get the squeeze packets of various syrups online at places like Amazon, for single-serving/camping/prep use. Put them in a good sturdy zipper-locked heavy plastic bag if you're going to pack them around, because you DON'T want one to open up in your pack. Happened to me many years ago, and I still remember living with the stickiness for several days on a canoe trip. Not life-threatening, but not fun, either.

Although having your clothes smelling like maple syrup in bear country could eventually be quite hazardous to your health...
That's why you get a bear container and strap it outside of your pack, all the food stays in the container, and it doesn't get crushed or smooshed. And if you do go into bear country, all the food smell is in the container, and not your pack, so when you take your pack into your tent your tent won't smell like food, since your bear container will be outside.

"Jesus died for your sins, right? Get your money's worth."
- Chad Daniels
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:45   #8
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

What's the shelf life like?

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 15:24   #9
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshhtn View Post
What's the shelf life like?
Couple years I think. My theory is this, since my kids eat them, they can just be a staple that we go through regularly and we can rotate them out.

It would be nice to have some prep food that the kids really like and are used to. Super easy to make since you just add water and they take little fuel to cook.

We are trying to work more of our prep food into everyday cooking because we don't want to start eating completely different foods that our bodies are not used to when the SHTF. Not to mention we want to know the recipes we like.

Wife has been trying all kinds of new recipes with beans, rice, wheat, oats, etc. and anything that is simple, inexpensive, and easy to make along with it.

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.

Last edited by RMTactical; 07-15-2014 at 16:12..
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 20:29   #10
gnepig
Remember

The bottom of our new box says 3/16/16, but since we have just officially made Monday night pancake night, I don't think it will last that long...
gnepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 20:40   #11
FireForged
Millenium #3936

[tag]